• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sooooooo........how's need for speed(2015)?

Blablurn

It looks okay

The gameplay is alright too

But its pretty damn soulles

Loved the city at first but the more you play it the more you realize how shallow it is

But I like the driving and the car tuning and modification options

So despite it being soulles and shallow, I keep playing it

Was hoping for some good FMVs

But the guys suck. They act all hardcore at first but later on they are just boring and soulless. just like the city.

ZeroX03

Banned
It tries to do a lot of things but doesn't do many of them really well. Lots of half-assed inclusions like drifting and police chases that are kind of shallow and aren't great. Story mode is hilarious in that cringe worthy live action kind of way. Not bad, just lifeless and I'd rather play an older title in the series.

This generation is still woefully lacking in great arcade racers.

It's alright. If you're on XBox One I'd probably wait for it to go in the EA Vault at this point.

You can beat the main story in the 10 hour trial if you're good and use fast travel.

gossi

If you have EA Access on Xbox One there's a 10 hour free trial, which is easily enough to finish the game. It's not very good.

theWB27

It looks okay

The gameplay is alright too

But its pretty damn soulles

Loved the city at first but the more you play it the more you realize how shallow it is

But I like the driving and the car tuning and modification options

So despite it being soulles and shallow, I keep playing it

Was hoping for some good FMVs

But the guys suck. They act all hardcore at first but later on they are just boring and soulless. just like the city.

So you're saying there's no soul...correct?

Op- I honestly believe it's gonna be in the ea vault very soon. I'm sure you'll be able to get your fill of the game for 5 bucks in a month.

it's alright. it's just kinda boring. i heard that they added a bunch of content after launch, so maybe it's better now

i'd rather just go back to horizon 2 than play it, though

Played it a bit on PS4.

Looks nice, controls well, certain aspects are really exciting.

But it just gets boring once the thrill wears off.

To be honest I'd consider Horizon 2 or even The Crew:Wild Run over it.

jesu

It's ace, don't just beat the main story and move on the is way more events than that to do.
New update made it easier to get online races going, which is nice.
I'm not so keen on the drift events but thankfully most of the game is racing/time trials.

It's behind FH2 for me but better than The Crew.

Pif

Banned
Went from Driveclub to Need for Speed 2015...

Then after not even 1 hour went back to Driveclub and returned Need for Speed.

Now I'm waiting for Gran Turismo and DC city dlc.

Freeman76

Its ok. I bought for £20 and dont really regret the purchase. I cant get used to the handling, drifting is really tricky. Its no driveclub but it does have some things going for it.

EGOMON

Fucking boring and lacks many key features the only thing good about it is the customization and handling is the worst thing about it

rainz

Its probably worth getting EA Access to try it out, 10 hour free trial like someone else said has treated me pretty well so far.

I think, if you like or could appreciate Rivals at all you might like this? To me it feels/looks like a tuner/underground version of Rivals.. Which, is what it is I suppose.

Wheather its good or not I am still unsure, yet im somehow compelled to play it.. maybe just to see the next cheesy cutscene. FH2 is infinitely the better game however this might be a nice distraction.

When's it coming to PC?

I believe their target was spring.

It's worth $20 if you like street racing games (though this game is very, very flawed). There's nothing else like it this gen and I had a fun time with it.

If you want to save money, just wait til it hits the EA Access Vault (probably the best course of action).

The cutscenes man. They are terrible. They use a lot of jargon that is now extremely outdated, they act too much towards the camera. Like it could be a serious conversation between the two people, no third party involved, but they kept looking at the camera and I felt really uncomfortable.

The driving was alright, everything was fairly easy and 85% of the races can be beaten in your starter or an early car. But man did I want Amy to forever glitch out of the game, she was a real asshole driver.

So if you can stand some really awkward cutscenes and some races where you will want to destroy the AI, then this game is for you.

I have EA Access and thought the game was so average, I couldn't be bothered to play for more than an hour. I'd wait for the price to drop further if I was you.

Immortal

Neo Member
gameplay is surprisingly really fun after not playing many racing games for a while, looks good as well other than some occasional frame rate issues.

my one issue with it is the lack of a true offline mode but other than that it's definitely worth $20.

Yoday

It's a flawed but fun street racing game, and the post launch support has been really good. If you like customization and progression in your arcade racers, then you'll probably like this game.

Needlecrash

EA messed it up. Shitty handling & NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION was enough for me to say, "No thanks EA. I didn't think you can really mess this up."

Top Bottom