• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you going digital or physical for Street Fighter V? Which SKU are you copping?

Skilletor

Yes, but why buy it twice?

For me, I will buy it on PS4 because I use that for gatherings. Much easier to have the game on multiple consoles.

I play solo on PC.

But in general, I buy fighting games because I love them and want to play and support them anywhere they're released.

Double dip: I pre-ordered digital on PSN (for the beta AND immediate day 1 access) and Best Buy collectors edition.

Guess that means Chun and Cammy pre-order costumes for me.

The End

Physical/PS4 but only because it's $15 cheaper with the prime discount. I generally much prefer digital for pick up and play games like fighters

ToD_

Digital on Steam. Mainly because there was no word on PS3 stick support for the PS4 version (and didn't work during the beta), and my PS3 stick does work on the PC. Turns out PS3 stick support for the PS4 just got confirmed today. No regrets, however, as it looks slightly better on the PC and runs well based on the beta. In addition, it had a good price.

I would have bought it digital regardless of platform. This is the type of game I like to play in short spurts, without having to change discs.

Digital on PC, since I can use my stick and crossplay support solves the community issues that PC tends to have with FG's. If I bought on console I would have gone digital as well, Street Fighter is one of those games I have to have digitally since I'll play it so much.

Already pre-ordered digitally on PSN. This is the kind of game that will be played often for a very long time. Digital is very convenient for that reason.

I'm shopping for a Hori stick now...

1 more week !!!!

Matticers

I have the physical PS4 version pre-ordered but my PS4 decided to get the "I'm going to constantly eject everything" issue so I guess I have to go digital instead. But... I kind of want that Ryu outfit from Gamestop. I guess they probably sell digital codes there so I can still get it.

Airgetlam

I haven't been following the costume situation, but they're separating costume exclusives this time around?

You can buy them, right?

They have retailer exclusive pre-order costumes. I imagine they'll probably sell the costumes as DLC down the road but impatient people like me want them right away. lol

I can't see the benefit of going digital in the UK, where we get shafted on price, so I've pre-ordered the standard PS4 disc at £10 less than the PSN price.

Digital versions here are always more expensive than physical.

Shenmue

Banned
Has there been any word yet if preordering the steam version will get you the chun costume to use on ps4?

I'm already getting the physical ps4 version so I can justify digital on PC.

Ikon

Physical standard edition for PS4.

This is one of the very few games where I can see he point of digital but I still want my disc. Might double dip in a future sale if it's cheap enough.

farisr

Physical (PS4), because when given the option I almost always go for that, not to mention this is a prime example of a game you take to other people's houses to play vs. Also, because I'm getting it for less than $33 CDN.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I went physical because I had credit to use, will get some more credit back after the purchase, and can take it to my friends' place. I'll probably buy a digital copy when it's under $30 later on, as well.

Dineren

Banned
I'll be picking it up on Steam. I might pick up a physical copy for PS4 if there is a big sale at some point, but probably not.

Hard

Banned
Physical on PS4. Did they ever go into detail on how PS4 and PC players would be able to play together? I would like to play with my friend who is likely getting it on PC.

Physical on PS4. Did they ever go into detail on how PS4 and PC players would be able to play together? I would like to play with my friend who is likely getting it on PC.

You can create lobbies and invite your friends to that lobby regardless of platform. I believe it will use Fighter IDs which is the ID you make when you first start the game.

There is a Rivals list and will most probably be a favourites/friends list as well.

That's just for playing with a friend/group of friends, you can also just queue up for ranked or casual matches and it'll find you online opponents which can be the opposite platform if you chose to enable cross-play.

physical. mainly because it was cheaper and physical copies are more convenient for me.

almost reeled me in with the Chun-Li digital pre order DLC. almost!

jesus christ at dem thighs

5340067+_60df1e9b6d542c071895da11d8c9b8cb.jpg

*sigh*

Top Bottom