• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought Okami on PS2. What year is it?

Yep, I bought the PS2 version of Okami for $25 bucks at my local game store. It's a Greatest Hits but it comes with the disc in really good condition and honestly I thought it was going to be a lot more expensive considering the game never really sold that well. Even though I never bought it, I rented it a couple times when I was younger and loved it. It started my love for everything Clover and later Platinum. To me it still bests even the best Zelda games. So yeah I'm excited to start playing it. Just weird I'm still buying games that are over a decade old.

Oh yeah I also bought Final Fantasy IX for the PS1 for $15 bucks.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This wouldnt even register as "old" by Retro GAF standards.

Too young.

Okami was okay not great, it would have been better if the fighting was done without a prison each encounter, and that my friends... is why Zelda is better.

If the PS2 version is the only way you can play it, worthwhile purchase. If you have a PS3 you should've waited to get the PS3 version.

Yeah, I could see grabbing it if maybe you just want the physical copy as a collector's item, but otherwise I would go PS3. After playing in HD on a 60-inch screen, I can't ever go back.

Just weird I'm still buying games that are over a decade old.

Oh yeah I also bought Final Fantasy IX for the PS1 for $15 bucks.

That's market price for those games yes. But if that feels weird to you, tell that to all the game collectors on this forum.

Including me.

It's not really weird.

I bought Enemy Zero on the Saturn for around $80 recently, so you are doing okay.

Okami is awesome and you just reminded me that I bought the PS3 version on sale a while ago and never actually played it!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
good man, you get to see the beautiful ending which was cut in the PS3 one.

Except on the Japanese version. Though, you have to set the language to Japanese at the end for the proper song to play.

Either way, I still think it's a superior experience to the PS2 (and obviously Wii) versions.

Best cover art too.

Now, I'm well aware you're probably kidding about the IGN watermark, but no joke, both the HMV exclusive slipcase in the UK, and the Japanese Wii boxart, are amazing.

IMG_7076.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Eusis

This wouldnt even register as "old" by Retro GAF standards.

Too young.
Showing its age, but still "young."

Although for anyone that wanted to revisit NES games during the PS1 era, uhh, Okami is older now than a lot of those were then. Roughly the same age at the least.

Because I don't have a PS3.

Not even a Wii?

I actually bought all the versions of this game, because each subsequent version improved it.

I tried going back to the PS2 one after playing the Wii one, and the painting stuff was just so much nicer on the Wii, and then even better on PS3 w/ Move.

Top Bottom