• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Podcasts like GT Time?

Lexad

In the wake of gametrailers unfortunate demise I am finding a massive hole in my podcasting library. I listen to PS I Love You and Beyond, but would like a more general games podcast than just playstation centric.

Does anyone have recommendations for podcasts that have a similar group dynamic? I have heard of giant bombcast but have heard that one can get really off topic and am intimidated by the 3 hour run time.

illusionary

If you like PS I Love You XOXO, how about the Kinda Funny Gamescast?

Giant Bomb's Beastcast would also be worth a try - it's shorter (usually 1.5-2 hours) and has less of a tendency to go off-topic that the Bombcast.

diffusionx

Gold Member
In the wake of gametrailers unfortunate demise I am finding a massive hole in my podcasting library. I listen to PS I Love You and Beyond, but would like a more general games podcast than just playstation centric.

You could stick with IGN and listen to Game Scoop, it's a pretty good and quick rundown of gaming news and info for the week.

Vinc

You cannot replace GT Time. It's absolutely irreplaceable. Just hope they keep making them somehow under new conditions, and maybe get used to the idea of paying for access to it. Unless what you liked about it was truly the format itself and the news rundown, then almost any other gaming podcast will do.

Rupe

Neo Member
Beastcast would also be my recommendation, although they also go on tangents, they are a little bit more focused. And some of their tangents are amazing (the discussion about the milk). I'd say they feel like gt time expanded, more focused on the news, but have more in depth discussions. GT time sometimes felt like they were rushing to keep it around the 1 hour mark.

Podcasts are not that hard to try out. Why not try the bombcast/beastcast and see for yourself.

I listened to the GT podcast after hearing about it on one of these threads and the episode I heard went off topic as soon as it started.

Beastcast would also be my recommendation, although they also go on tangents, they are a little bit more focused. And some of their tangents are amazing (the discussion about the milk). I'd say they feel like gt time expanded, more focused on the news, but have more in depth discussions. GT time sometimes felt like they were rushing to keep it around the 1 hour mark.

What could be great is the GT crew getting together for about a 2 and a half hour podcast. They had to share that studio with others and you're right they felt rushed at times.

Top Bottom