• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Media Survey from Nintendo of America.

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/697480150439632896

Nintendo of America Verified account 
‏@NintendoAmerica Would love to hear what you think about our social media channels. If you have a few minutes please take our survey. http://Ninten.do/6015Bwq0W

It's pretty lengthy, but they actually ask what we expect from E3 this year, so I say go for it.

They also ask your opinion in general about the amiibo. They also ask you which is your favorite, but ironically enough, half of them are missing from the poll.

I should just put 'no memes' in every open box should there be any.

Interested if the E3 question could lead to them changing how they'll handle it. I assumed it would just be their usual livestream.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I should just put 'no memes' in every open box should there be any.

Interested if the E3 question could lead to them changing how they'll handle it. I assumed it would just be their usual livestream.

They actually ask about that, too.

Renewed

I did my part. Also those frustrating parts of long surveys:

cddXcJa.png

DxKJQGf.png

oFZPN9p.png

foltzie1

I have no problems wrong memes, puppets, Robot Chicken, or anything, but introducing a character and then doing nothing with it is counterproductive.

So what I'm saying is use non-specific action figure for something.

PokéKong

I feel like they've been asking if they should do streams regularly on twitch for years but have never moved on it. I think a more Capcom Unity approach from NoA would be great.

Nanashrew

Banned

Yeah, I had to look up to see if Nintendo had a vine account cause I had forgotten. They have 5 from 2015 that are Splatoon related. Before that is straight into 2013 where Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata meet up. Man, Iwata's last attendance at E3... Seeing that vine hit me hard :<

-Horizon-

I remember their last survey was crazy long lol. I want to believe they're actually listening though so I'll try to make time to do it later.

DJIzana

"What do you expect at E3?"

NX. Mother 3. NX Games. NX Price. NX Release date.

Add in Zelda U and more JRPG's / anything but a Mario frenzy at E3 and we basically have the same list.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mario but I want some freaking variety... ugh.

Poyunch

I went back two pages when I remembered a non-gaming channel on YouTube I watch.

I can't wait for that Matt Stonie x Nintendo collab.

JazzmanZ

What do you expect from this years E3?

Hopes have been dashed
Dreams have been crushed
Smiles have been frowned.

But this year, will finally be the year of Kirby Air ride 2.

Right Nintendo?

Ridley327

Game over when I got to a question where they were forcing me to pick at least 14 selections.

I like that there's three questions with specific parameters on how they're offered (between Twitter and Instagram) and they still let you pick options other than those. I did the sensible move and selected every box other than the mentioned name.

Neoxon

It was pretty lengthy, but I enjoyed giving my opinion. I mainly asked for more of an eSports presence from Nintendo concerning their more competitive games.

Dsyndrome

Is this the same survey they gave out sometime last year and everyone wondered if it was from them? That shit was brutal to get through and presupposed a ton of the answers.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
My expectations for E3:

A live press conference (hosted by Mr. Tatsumi Kimishima preferably)
Full reveal of NX and games for it
Live streams by the Treehouse team

Ridley327

For the kids game thing, isn't it unavoidable? I mean, this is the same company that has perennials like Mario and Animal Crossing, as well as striking gold with something more recent like Splatoon. I don't think they really mean the return of edutainment software like Donkey Kong Math with that one.

Zomba13

Doing the survey and "What content do you enjoy the most? Please choose your top 5 and rank the them from what you like most, to what you enjoy least." and fucking Pranks is there.

Neoxon

As far as my E3 requests...
  • I didn't care whether they did a Digital Event or a Press Conference, just as long as they put all of their 3DS/Wii U/Mobile news in a Mini-Direct before the main E3 Presentation.
  • As per the previous bullet point, I requested nothing but NX Platform news this year.
  • I asked for more of an eSports angle concerning the Nintendo World Championship. Invitational for this year. But for later years, I asked that Nintendo does something similar to the Capcom Pro Tour & either host or work with existing tournaments around the world throughout the year for their major competitive games (namely Smash 4, Melee, Splatoon, & Pokkén Tournament) & use the Nintendo World Championship as the Grand Finals like how Capcom Cup is for the Capcom Pro Tour.

Didn't they say they were bringing back the Nintendo World Championships for this E3?

http://nintendonews.com/news/general/nintendo-world-championships-2016-planned/

Not good enough for yah? :p
It's certainly a step in the right direction, but Nintendo can do more.

"Would you be interested in having your video promoted on Nintendo's Youtube channel?"

i mean sure

don't know why you'd want to promote a video of me playing the PCE version of outrun nintendo

Nyoro SF

I told them I disapproved of content being locked behind amiibos (which caused me to finally cancel my preorder of TP HD)

But other than that, a very benign survey.
Interesting that they asked what I expected from E3...

Top Bottom