• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward developing COD 2016 (shocking news)

zsynqx

co44lyQ.png

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/697895334660321280

http://charlieintel.com/2016/02/11/...nfinity-ward-is-developing-call-of-duty-2016/

IN Q4 2016, ACTIVISION PUBLISHING PLANS TO RELEASE AN INNOVATIVE NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME FROM ITS STUDIO, INFINITY WARD, THE MAKERS OF THE MODERN WARFARE SERIES.

If its a sequel to Ghosts it will "bomb" by COD standards. That name is terribly tarnished.

That said Infinitity Wards game should be modern era focused. Nothing futuristic at all.

Give me MW4 with no gimmicky movements, just run and gun, and good maps. Or COD4/MW2 remaster with prettier graphics!

Please.

Eggbok

I wana do the ot again c:
Could be a popluar CoD though since it likely won't have futuristic movements and such.

NMFried

I hope it's called COD 2016 and just devolves into this ridiculous shoot 'em up eSports title. Basically what it is already except with no shoddy campaign.

(BO3/AW campaign was solid production-wise, but Ghosts was vomitizing.)

Apdiddy

Ghosts' story wasn't too bad although
the post-credits scene was a huge turn-off for me.

I'm hoping that any sort of "Ghosts 2" is like the first Homefront or even The Last Of Us. The premise for Ghosts tapped into a post-apocalyptic/urban decay/wildlife ethos.

Nokterian

Ghosts was one of the worsts CoD i ever played,they didn't give 2 shits about the pc version so i expect nothing from them yet again. PS4 version was also shit also terrible maps,terrible campaign it was just one big clusterfuck overall.

Ghosts' story wasn't too bad although
the post-credits scene was a huge turn-off for me.

That ending is what makes it so bad. It's one of those "Oh shit, we need this to be a series" endings. And so it's painfully bad.

Personally, i'm on the WW2 bandwagon. Pretty much every shooter nowadays either takes place in modern times or a futuristic settings. Going back to WW2 will actually give it its own identity. Which is odd to say given that last gen people couldn't wait until WW2 shooters died off.

Top Bottom