January retail game sales are down 4% year over year.
Hardware was down 15% year over year.
Retail game sales were down 10% year over year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Minecraft (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Lego Marvel Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, 360, Wii U, PS3, 3DS, Vita)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
PS4: Best selling platform, up year over year.
“Thanks to our fans and partners for making PlayStation 4 the top-selling platform and software sales leader in January, according to NPD,” a Sony spokesperson said in a statement provided to GamesBeat. “PS4 also saw impressive year-over-year growth in both hardware and software sales. We appreciate the support and will continue to deliver on our promise to bring the best entertainment experiences to gamers.”