• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision shares plunges on disappointing earnings (Skylanders, Guitar Hero)

fernoca

Wasn't Skylanders this year considered a weak entry? I'm not sure the game underperformed because of competition or because it just wasnt' as good.
Nope. Actually the best one and the one with less recquired toys to beat. Like you can even play the entire gane online and offline with the digital version (no portal and no additional figures).

stop with the madcatz misleading bullshit

they even said in their pr note rock band did better than they thought it was the other shit that didnt
They mentioned RB4 doing well but everything around it not meeting expectations aside the full band bundles. The conference call sounded a bit contradictory to some because they started saying it performed well, but later added that it didn't met expectations. Which can happen.

They even mentioned directly "the competition" as reasons why especially the guitar bundle performed well bellow and the bad performance in Europe.

Common sense speaking, if I'm to collect toy-to-life figures, I would collect Disney/Marvel's or Nintendo's, not Spyro and friends. Skylanders was the only game in town for a long time. How are the others doing comparatively?
Not as well as some might expect.
The Star Wars side of Infinity did great, but everything else didn't. And after all this years is still Mike Wazowski from Infinity 1.0 the top selling figure.

Lego Dimensions in sales hasn't been doing as hot with stores either, selling out their initial stock or reducing the price to sell it, but not ordering or receiving older ones just new ones. And WBs lack of any mention of it performance.

Music games have been dead since like 2009. Releasing a new game without any promotion whatsoever is never a good idea, wonder why they did it? Maybe they never had any faith in it or something?

I don't speak for the company, etc., but if I remember correctly there were several prime time spots during NFL games, including the Lenny Kravitz half-time thing, etc.

Chastten

Banned
I don't speak for the company, etc., but if I remember correctly there were several prime time spots during NFL games, including the Lenny Kravitz half-time thing, etc.

Aight, guess they focussed the marketing budget on the States then?

Haven't seen a single thing around here. First time I even noticed it was out was when I got a newsletter from a gamingstore that discounted it.

Top Bottom