• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End pre-order bonus trailer

bombshell

gDCtndz.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqQIOU2bdU

Gamestop Exclusive variant:

dIIumBF.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reUTB_B_k_U

Xav

Why are pre-order bonuses always so shit?

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts had a great pre-order bonus. Pre-order the game and get Banjo Kazooie HD like 3 weeks early and for free.

Why are pre-order bonuses always so shit?

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts had a great pre-order bonus. Pre-order the game and get Banjo Kazooie HD like 3 weeks early and for free.

The shitter the pre-order bonus, the better.

Edit: No beef with pre-orders as a concept but it's rubbish for people to miss out on good content just because they didn't. This rubbish cosmetic stuff doesn't matter much though so it's fine.

Nibel

Make trailers for struggle pre-order bonuses that don't even show the struggle pre-order bonues ingame brehs

Revven

Funny thing is if you pre-order from Amazon you get both Drake skins and the Golden weapon skin -- only difference is the weapon camo which instead of Desert you get the snow camo.

But yeah pre-order bonuses are blech, especially retailer exclusive ones but they're not going away now. :/

At least most of this stuff is likely early access unlocks so nobody's really missing out unless they're really bothered by people getting these skins earlier.

Plum

A character skin I can get but I almost never looked at my gun whilst playing through the HD collection so gun skins would make no difference to me. At least it's nothing big, which is fine by me really.

I don't mind preorder bonuses I just wish they weren't so shit.

A preorder bonus should be a gift, another game, a soundtrack, artbook, toys, ect. Not a fucking code that takes me longer to enter into my system and download then I will actually end up using. It should never be something that is TAKEN away from people who don't preorder, nothing in game.

Good, love it when pre-order skins are just cosmetic so I don't have to buy them. Also to the people complaining this isn't good enough would probable also complain about pre-order bonus being stripped from the main game if it was something good. There's just some people that are impossible to please.

Not pre-ordering, not buying season pass.

Driveclub was a disaster when released.
The Last Of Us took weeks to have the match-making fixed.
Now SFV, after 5 betas, still struggling.

I know not all the games came from the same devs, but they are exclusive games, devs should have made a better effort.

Uncharted 4 beta was ridiculous limited to Nathan Drake's Collection buyers, it will be a disaster when release, no doubt about it and they will say: "we should have tested it better".

Devs should release open betas like oldschool demo, free for all, so everyone could have a taste and they would make sure the thing would work on launch date.

But no, they use it to promote remasters and pre-orders.

I'm done.

jediyoshi

Not pre-ordering, not buying season pass.

Driveclub was a disaster when released.
The Last Of Us took weeks to have the match-making fixed.
Now SFV, after 5 betas, still struggling.

I know not all the games came from the same devs, but they are exclusive games, devs should have made a better effort.

Uncharted 4 beta was ridiculous limited to Nathan Drake's Collection buyers, it will be a disaster when release, no doubt about it and they will say: "we should have tested it better".

Devs should release open betas like oldschool demo, free for all, so everyone could have a taste and they would make sure the thing would work on launch date.

But no, they use it to promote remasters and pre-orders.

I'm done.

I found the guy that wants Uncharted only for its multiplayer.

Famassu

Isn't that... good? Why would you want worthwhile, quality content as a pre-order bonus?
Not that I want, like, extra missions as pre-order incentives or anything, but I have nothing against giving some more special, cool looking skins for people who opt to buy a game day 1. These are just the most boring looking extra skins I've seen in a while, not sure why anyone would even want such boring looking alternative looks for Nathan. They are that bad.

Walpurgis

Banned
Uh....what? They're seriously locking Nathan Drake skins to certain retailers as preorder exclusive? And out of all the skins that they could give to EB Games, they're picking the skin that Nathan Drake wore for ALL of Uncharted 1? Why couldn't they just use one of the other million random skins that no one cares about?

Hoje0308

Banned
Retailer exclusives need to die

Especially when you're talking about a franchise that's been around for almost a decade. People that have been fans since the beginning would probably like all of these things to be unlockable. I'm sure they'll be made available later, but at a price so that we can continue being nickel and dimed if we're feeling nostalgic.

I found the guy that wants Uncharted only for its multiplayer.
after the 12 hours of the campaign, it would be nice to have something to jump on.
I really don't care for trophies etc.

same with The Last Of Us, it's a shame almost no one gave attention, after the fixes, it's a pretty solid multiplayer game, really special.

Top Bottom