• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just did it, it was 225 plus with Kinect it came to $268. Remember than is tax free, equal to selling for like 300 on kijiji. I was very pleased with the deal. No one bit on my kijiji ad for 300.
Oh shit thanks for telling me, I'ma go trade it in before July 31 then. Those 3 weeks are gonna be painful, but it's worth it for the tax free thing I guess. So then I'll only need to pay the difference between $399*1.13 and 268*1.13, which is about $150?

Rbk_3

Oh shit thanks for telling me, I'ma go trade it in before July 31 then. Those 3 weeks are gonna be painful, but it's worth it for the tax free thing I guess. So then I'll only need to pay the difference between $399*1.13 and 268*1.13, which is about $150?

Tax free is only on the 268 portion. The rest you get taxed on. I believe I paid $171 after all was said and done.

i traded for the 500gb version, but the new bundles were announced today.

EB games Canada doesn't have any of the bundles on their site. They just added the vanilla 500gb and 1tb consoles to their site today. That can't be right? They'll get destroyed by other retailers. I'll have to call and see.

I was buying madden 17 anyway, so I'll save money and get the 1tb version if they do get the madden bundle.

The GameStop.com site has it, so it has to just be that it hasn't been updated

Edit I just checked, it was 263 with the Kinect total for the trade.

Let me know what they say about the bundles when you go in

etta

my hard graphic balls
Tax free is only on the 268 portion. The rest you get taxed on. I believe I paid $171 after all was said and done.

i traded for the 500gb version, but the new bundles were announced today.

EB games Canada doesn't have any of the bundles on their site. They just added the vanilla 500gb and 1tb consoles to their site today. That can't be right? They'll get destroyed by other retailers. I'll have to call and see.

I was buying madden 17 anyway, so I'll save money and get the 1tb version if they do get the madden bundle.

The GameStop.com site has it, so it has to just be that it hasn't been updated

Edit I just checked, it was 263 with the Kinect total for the trade.

Let me know what they say about the bundles when you go in
Yea they should add the other bundles too, it probably just takes a few days. So how did you get the $263, was it the "switch your style" promo and used it towards a pre-order? Or was that just a straight trade in value without the promotion?
I'll head in the store tomorrow I think, the "switch your style" promotion lasts until the 31st.

The Switch Your Style promo usually gets renewed monthly. It's been around for almost a year. Though the Xbox One did recently drop from $250 to $225. You never know when they might end it so try to do it before July 31st.

I am not sure if I might do it. The 2gb size will be nice but I will just be upgrading in a year anyway.

jet1911

If I don't have the original controller thaht came with the XB1 can I still trade it in? I have the Masterchief one that I could trade in though.

Sealtest

Did anyone else get an email from amazon canada this morning that said it was an order update but said nothing about the order?

(Vous trouverez la version française de ce courriel au bas de la page.)

Hello from Amazon.ca.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

The order # is for my Pokemon Sun/Moon order that also has my Spider-Man/Detroit and Pokemon Plus. I'm guessing the email was to tell me my delivery date has changed but the system screwed up.

I have the P65 coming. Ordered it from Costco.ca on June 28 when it first went up and it's currently on its way from Vancouver where it was picked up July 12 to Brampton via Alero Worldwide. This has been the most ridiculous shipping process I've ever seen

Yep, I thought about going cheap with the Vizio D series 1080p 70" for 1700 but said fuck it and future proof myself for 3k

Good purchase! P series is awesome. At 65" it is well worth it to go 4k/HDR

etta

my hard graphic balls
The Switch Your Style promo usually gets renewed monthly. It's been around for almost a year. Though the Xbox One did recently drop from $250 to $225. You never know when they might end it so try to do it before July 31st.

I am not sure if I might do it. The 2gb size will be nice but I will just be upgrading in a year anyway.
I dunno, I'm getting a Scorpio anyway but the S I am getting for design reasons. I will want to keep it, I always regretted selling my Xbox 360 S to fund the purchase of the new gen consoles, which was during university years so it was more economically efficient.

whitehawk

Banned
Any good deals on portable cell phone battery chargers? The pokemon go addiction is real...
Your best bet for that will always be Amazon. I've only seen place in stores sell those super small ones with very little battery life, and for pricey.

This is the one I own which has treated me well, but there are tons on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S0OHKII/

edit: this one has a larger battery and can charge 2 devices at once: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EA1P8OI/

flkraven

Your best bet for that will always be Amazon. I've only seen place in stores sell those super small ones with very little battery life, and for pricey.

This is the one I own which has treated me well, but there are tons on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00S0OHKII/

edit: this one has a larger battery and can charge 2 devices at once: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EA1P8OI/

How's this one for $18.40?

http://www.staples.ca/en/Digital2-Portable-USB-Battery-8800mAH-Black/product_1961239_2-CA_1_20001

8800mAH + 2 USB

Any good deals on portable cell phone battery chargers? The pokemon go addiction is real...

After recently having Anker suggested to me on this page I can confirm...they make amazing products. Many of the chargers just recently went up in price. Run a search on camelcamelcamel and see where the price is at before you commit.

farisr

So yeah, I ended up doing the xbox one trade in towards the 500gb S. I can do a month without it.

225 is actually a good deal, seeing as even on ebay (which typically sells higher than kijiji) a lot of used systems are being sold for less than 220. Not to mention that 225 is really 254.24 when you factor in taxes over here. Great deal if you were planning on buying a new system.

Indelible

I just got a $5 certificate from Amazon.ca after asking when Shiren will be in stock, not sure if everyone will get one but it is worth a try for anyone that hasn't had it ship yet.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 8: We're Sorry, Your Parcel is in Another Province
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 8: Please Upgrade The Courier

Riptwo

I tried to get the Gamestop-exclusive Doom cover at an EB in Calgary, and they had no idea what I was talking about. Sounds like it's US only after all!

Stick with Aukey or Anker imo. I love Anker but the 10k one I got for $26 is now $66 probably due to selling out to Pokemon GO demand... I'd grab the Aukey.

Yeah like I mentioned. They all recently went up in price. But it's not Anker that is selling them at those prices. It's 3rd party sellers with jacked up prices. Seems like Anker is all sold out of their stock on amazon at the moment. I went nuts with stuff I bought from them though. I wanted to get the PowerCore 20000 with Quick Charge but thought at the time I could hold off at a better price as it was selling for $60 and had been as low as $29 back in January. It's now sitting at $140 through third party sellers. Pokemon Go Effect.

flkraven

After recently having Anker suggested to me on this page I can confirm...they make amazing products. Many of the chargers just recently went up in price. Run a search on camelcamelcamel and see where the price is at before you commit.

Stick with Aukey or Anker imo. I love Anker but the 10k one I got for $26 is now $66 probably due to selling out to Pokemon GO demand... I'd grab the Aukey.

Thanks for the feedback!

zroid

Banned
I *finally* did a live chat with Amazon about my Poké Sun Moon orders

They actually told me that the issue with my order had already been escalated to the Promotions team, even though I had never contacted them before, so I guess I really was supposed to have the discount applied already.

The CS agent just told me he marked the issue with high priority and I SHOULD get an email from Amazon within 2 business days. So hopefully that will be that. Really don't want to have to talk to them about this again...

orochi91

Is there any place where I can get a used N3DS, for ~$160?

I found one online, but it is a UK N3DS, and I think these things are region locked.

RS4-

Is there any place where I can get a used N3DS, for ~$160?

I found one online, but it is a UK N3DS, and I think these things are region locked.

No luck on Kijiji? I think you can just run cfw and it'll be rf. As for installing CFW, that's something else entirely.

I've seen them for 80-120. XLs for 150.

Tapejara

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on (Order#). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Aksys Games Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and The Dice of Fate - PlayStation Portable"
Estimated arrival date: September 07, 2016 - November 17, 2016

Amazon wtf.

Tapejara

Got something like that for Saga Vol 6 last month. Got it two week later. It's basically them not knowing when they'll get their stock.

Hopefully that's the case. The last time I had this issue was with Godzilla PS4, and I ended up getting it around five weeks later.

Uncharted 4 is $49.99 on amazon.ca

Since my preorder didnt go through (where I would have got it at $45 + tax) figured now is as good at time as any to grab it.

Rbk_3

So yeah, I ended up doing the xbox one trade in towards the 500gb S. I can do a month without it.

225 is actually a good deal, seeing as even on ebay (which typically sells higher than kijiji) a lot of used systems are being sold for less than 220. Not to mention that 225 is really 254.24 when you factor in taxes over here. Great deal if you were planning on buying a new system.

They didn't say anything about it being the Halo Bundle?
They still don't have the bundles on their site but they took the 500gb and 1tb down.

Megasoum

Banned
Posting this here one last time cause I don't want to spam this thread since it's also in the B/S/T thread but just in case somebody missed it the first time and because it's a Canadian only thing.

This is for CANADA ONLY

I have a
Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE GV-N77OC for sale.

irG8L5a.jpg

Selling for 150$ CAN shipping included

farisr

They didn't say anything about it being the Halo Bundle?
They still don't have the bundles on their site but they took the 500gb and 1tb down.
The 500GB and 1TB are still on the site.

And no, the guy working there didn't even know that there were multiple versions of the S. He had to show me the sku listings so I could tell him which one I wanted. it just said 500GB on the screen, no indication of a special bundle or anything, whereas the 2TB had the launch and Gears edition listed. I did ask the guy if there'd be any issues switching over my order to the halo bundle if it happens, he said there shouldn't be any problems.

Also, not sure if anything will come from this, but I hope so.
bundlemvsl6.jpg

Dolobill

Does anyone know the trade in value of a 1TB Xbox One? I see the posts saying $225 toward an Xbox One S, but how much can I get without putting it towards another console? I recently built a gaming pc so I'm considering selling or trading the Xbox One before the value completely tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom