• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Safe money is on $1099.
I'm going with 1100, Bob.

600_tom_brown_price_is_right3_120328-jpg.105984

killroy87

Yup, PSVR will probably be my route of choice. If I'm going to spend a ton of money in my PC, I'd rather it be for a new video card

diaspora

Realistically, it'd be $1100 CAD considering the current exchange rate makes this almost an exact conversion. Of course, there's sales tax but...

KarmaCow

Anyone else with Rogers having their internet shit the bed? It's not completely out but it took me about 4 minutes to load this page.

Anyone else with Rogers having their internet shit the bed? It's not completely out but it took me about 4 minutes to load this page.

Was happening to me early last week. Only lasted a few hours and then cleared up by the evening completely.

Maybe something happening in your specific street.

Sealtest

It's almost march and I still haven't seen a single Spider-Gwen marvel legends figure in store and my LCS has no idea when he's getting them.

What is going on with the distribution of this wave.

Sora_N

It's almost march and I still haven't seen a single Spider-Gwen marvel legends figure in store and my LCS has no idea when he's getting them.

What is going on with the distribution of this wave.

Exactly why I stopped collecting them. I might sell my collection soon. It's not possible to buy them and I lost interest 2 years ago.

True Fire

The PS4 hasn't gone up in price since its initial 50 dollar price hike, right? I think it might be possible that PSVR will be more expensive than the PS4 in Canada.

Fularu

Banned
The PS4 hasn't gone up in price since its initial 50 dollar price hike, right? I think it might be possible that PSVR will be more expensive than the PS4 in Canada.

If by possible you mean certainly, then yes, it will be more expensive.

VR seems like a pipe dream for now, it's too expensive for the (yet to come) software

DayEnder

How good of a deal is this? Do wired 360 controllers hover around this price point often?

Last I checked they were around $30-35 each + shipping ($8). So pretty decent savings, maybe $25 off the pair. My 360 controllers were in pretty bad shape so it was worth it for me (plus they work on PC).

zroid

Banned
When I think about how a couple threads ago, the title was That $70s Show, it makes me sad. Those were the days.

anyone have any opinions on bell fibe tv and Internet?

going to switch from rogers and saving $150 as a result. currently getting 100 mbps with rogers and moving to 50mbps with bell now.

going to switch from rogers and saving $150 as a result. currently getting 100 mbps with rogers and moving to 50mbps with bell now.

Internet did not go down in years and I always get advertised speed. TV is wonky at times but it might be my receiver getting old.

Wait until March 1. Basic cable packages and some pick and pay packages are coming.

Lexxism

Good thing I got the basic cable from Rogers cheaper. I don't have to worry about watching the blue jays. I just really need a cheap 4k TV 😭

I'tl be interesting to see how much individual channels will cost. I'm expecting them to be insulting.

I heard that if you are mostly interested in sports then you're probably going to be paying even more than with the current packages. So I'm screwed.

Check Shaw's website for west pricing info. I suspect that's a good estimate of what they'll all do.

The others, guess they have until the 1st before they post anything, there was a CBC article about it.

The $25 basic is really compelling, especially since you can add a handful of your own channels for a couple of bucks.

Sports, well, you could just subscribe to the league's streaming. I actually prefer that because you can watch archived games on-demand, late at night when you want to unwind (ie not video gaming!), all commercial free.

ovii

Not really a deal but I want to share this with you guys. I was able to somehow get a brand new 'new' 3ds XL from kijiji today for $100. I'm extremely excited about this and can't wait to play some fire emblem.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Met freaking limit this morning and he sold me fire emblem at cost. Wonderful.

We are great people. Specifically him though. And me too of course

So, interesting development regarding my Street Fighter V PSN price-match.

You guys may recall in the last thread the launch day pricing error on PSN. I contacted Sony through their live chat and inquired about a refund on the $10 price difference (i had preordered the title last year)

Well, I got my refund on Saturday... for 69.99.

The game still works, so... um, yay?

ovii

You guys may recall in the last thread the launch day pricing error on PSN. I contacted Sony through their live chat and inquired about a refund on the $10 price difference (i had preordered the title last year)

Is Sony using Amazon CS reps now?

Does your pre-order Chun Li still work?

Just checked. Got the same but...slightly better?

I went through both phone and chat because I didn't want to take a chance that they'd screw up. Phone support gave me the refund immediately, $10 to my psn wallet. Chat just refunded me the $69.99 on top of that. WT?

Met freaking limit this morning and he sold me fire emblem at cost. Wonderful.

We are great people. Specifically him though. And me too of course

Enjoy. From what I've played so far its been a blast. Difficult (Conquest on hard/classic) but extremely fun.

Does your pre-order Chun Li still work?

Just checked. Got the same but...slightly better?

I went through both phone and chat because I didn't want to take a chance that they'd screw up. Phone support gave me the refund immediately, $10 to my psn wallet. Chat just refunded me the $69.99 on top of that. WT?

From scamming Amazon to scamming PSN
joking
. In all seriousness though, I didn't realize they did price matches. Is that only on errors, or just for all random, non-sale price changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom