• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal |OT| The Land Before Towers

N° 2048

Traded in Arhkam Knight, Just Cause 3 and Shadow of Mordor so I ended up only paying $15 .

So stoked. Been hyped for this for a while.

Osahi

Question - how are towers replaced with bases, when FC3 and FC4 had bases (outposts) too? Does this just mean that capturing a base reveals territory instead?

Campfires seem to replace the towers. And you conquer them the same way as bases actually. You kill every enemy in the viscinity, then you light the big fire. Once you do, your owl flies over the environment and charts everything for you. Or so is my experience, never really checked if the map thing is true (as you also chart the map by just walking trough uncharted territory), but the owl cinematic gave me that feeling anyway.

Cornbread78

I want to give this guy a hug too...

tPkbapV.gif

One thing I really really love about this is that the environments, the atmosphere and things like the trees, cliffs, rocks, plants just look like they'd come from the stone age. It doesn't look a contemporary wild earth. Looks fantastic.

I'm so busy with other games at moment though, Gravity Rush: Remastered, Fallout 4, NFS and some others. This will have to wait a bit.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
My review and impressions on performance it also has a link to the nohud gameplay and the preview if your on the edge.
Video

Great video. Does the best job of highlighting the games nuances and uniqueness more than any other I have seen.

Chase17

Great job on the OT!

I should be getting the game tomorrow. Will be playing it on and off with fire emblem. Very much looking forward to it.

usp84

I am watching some streams of this game and it looks fucking amazing!Considering i havent played any of the recent far cry games i am thinking of getting this one

MaKTaiL

Guys, I need help. Far Cry Primal for $59,99 or Fallout 4 for $40?
PSN sale today is killing my choices ATM. Hahaha. I need help. I can only get one.

Does this have random animal attacks like Farcry 4. That was the WORST.

Whaaaat, they were awesome, every one had a very obvious audio give away too, I dunno how you could mess it up every time. Nothing better than pegging a mother fucking eagle from the sky. I reinstalled Farcry 4 just to buntz some asshole eagles.

Karak

Does this have random animal attacks like Farcry 4. That was the WORST.

No. Most of the time your just searching for the first Prime that landed on earth centuries before and cooking stuff in a hearth you make.

Edit: Hmm ok this might have not been a joke post. I answered like it was since the questions answer is right in the op in gif form.

But if this wasn't a joke. Then yes as shown in the OP

The Chef

No man im serious. Wandering around after a mission only to be attacked by a freaking Eagle or killed by a tiger suuuucked.

Frillen

Question: about those campfires where it says "to enable fast travel, capture the nearby bonfire". So I lit up the campfire but am I supposed to find an additional bonfire somewhere in the area?

I've never been into Far Cry or really into FPS story driven games in general, but I was watching Lirik play this on stream for some reason I'm about to impulse buy this.

SJRB

Gold Member
Been watching several livestreams, I really want to play this game without HUD. I think it'll be 100 times more immersive.

Picking this up tomorrow, should keep me busy until The Division arrives.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I am currently on normal difficulty. It says that if I change the difficulty, I will take more damage. Is this the only effect changing the difficulty has? Anyone know if the enemies are stronger. I am currently playing on normal, encountered some deer with really long horns, I shot probably six arrows into this guy and he still managed to kick my ass. Based on that experience alone, I think normal is good for me.

As a side note, really liking the game so far. The setting is amazing and I love how the characters speak a different language. Adds to the immersion of being in an unknown world.
I don't know for sure, but difficulty seems to affect AI as well.

Ricker

Thanks for the OT,played for about an hour...love Shayla lol and the game looks great on the PS4,pretty good so far.

CHC

After all the OT shittalking in the review thread, I'm surprised that this one is so... respectful. Great job!

And to think the title was almost "Fine I will make it" haha

aro52

Put nearly 4 hours into this last night. Just couldn't put it down! Though I am a sucker for these open world games. "Just one more '?'... Wait, but that bonfire..."

The one exception, was the 2nd side mission from the animal guy:
The mammoth vs. rhino army one. Poor mechanics and WAY too long.

Top Bottom