• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

RaijinFY
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:40 PM)
Haha, reminds me the good ol' FF...

EDIT: WTF??
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-13-2006, 04:40 PM)
duckroll's Avatar
Famitsu this week has a scoop on the Lost Odyssey which has recently been completed. They also interviewed Sakaguchi about the game which provides some pretty interesting details.

Highlights from the Sakaguchi interview in Famitsu:

- 30 fps (dark10x cry cry)
- In the opening movie for Lost Odyssey you can seamlessly input commands for the battle scene.
- Combat is not action driven but command menu driven.
- The playable demo lasts for 40-60 minutes.
- The final game will have even higher quality than the demo.
- The modeling for the movies are almost identical to the realtime models.
- Inoue (the character designer) is personally checking all the models.
- The demo's battles will just the most basic part of the system. The more indepth systems will be excluded.
- The character growth systems and so on will be in the final game only.
- Surviving enemies inherit the powers of those who are killed.
- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.
- The final game will use a physics engine.
- The final text message on the playable demo was written by Shigematsu (scenario writer for the various short stories that make up the game).
- Lost Odyssey will be playable at TGS, with the demo disc being released with Famitsu in early November.
- Lost Odyssey will be out in 2007.
- Blue Dragon will DEFINITELY be released within 2006.
- ASH is being targeted for the first half of 2007.
- There will be more titles being announced from Mistwalker.



































brandonh83
(09-13-2006, 04:41 PM)
brandonh83's Avatar

- In the opening movie for Lost Odyssey you can seamlessly input commands for the battle scene.

Its on like Donkey Kong
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(09-13-2006, 04:41 PM)
- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.


Haha what.
sangreal
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:41 PM)
sangreal's Avatar
looks great, can't wait for TGS
Tarjeta Prepagada
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:42 PM)
im confused
neo2046
BUDDHA AND JESUS
ROLLED INTO ONE
(09-13-2006, 04:42 PM)
neo2046's Avatar
wow!! FF 7,8,9 battle screen style :D
Finncognito
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:42 PM)
Hawt.
LOCK
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:43 PM)
LOCK's Avatar
nice
sangreal
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:43 PM)
sangreal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wario64

- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.


Haha what.

This is old info. The main character was sentenced to live for 1000 years or something and thats the premise of the game. Sakaguchi has said before that you won't be able to die but he hasn't elaborated much on it.

(he talks about it in a kikizo interview I think)
Tieno
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:45 PM)
Tieno's Avatar
Menu based combat, so not realtime? :(
Zonar
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:45 PM)
Zonar's Avatar
Day 1 baby. Day 1
Ceb
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Tieno

Menu based combat, so not realtime? :(

What did you expect? This is pretty much MS's answer to Final Fantasy.

Looks great, btw.
Tieno
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:47 PM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by sangreal

This is old info. The main character was sentenced to live for 1000 years or something and thats the premise of the game. Sakaguchi has said before that you won't be able to die but he hasn't elaborated much on it.

(he talks about it in a kikizo interview I think)

Some more info (Wikipedia)

The player takes control of Kaim, a man who has been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. Gameplay revolves around the many generations of which Kaim is a part of, his loves and losses and conflicts of a world nearing a "mystical industrial revolution". Odyssey's story is being penned by award winning Japanese novelist, Kiyoshi Shigematsu who is working directly with Hironobu Sakaguchi on the story sequences. Heading up the artistic demands of the title is famed Japanese comic artist, Takehiko Inoue, while famed composer Nobuo Uematsu has been recruited to create a more contemporary soundtrack. Mistwalker is developing the title, but code work has been outsourced to a studio name Feel Plus, a subsidiary of Microsoft created specifically to aid Mistwalker. Former Square employees at Microsoft are also involved.

Originally Posted by Ceb

What did you expect? This is pretty much MS's answer to Final Fantasy.

Looks great, btw.

I know, but still :( Still excited, the trailer music is one of the best I've ever heard and the art style (judging again from the cgi trailer) is incredible.
PipBoy
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.


Haha what.

ever play PST ? since you're immortal, when you die you wake up in a mortuary. Since this game seems to "borrow" a lot from PST, I expect the same system (japanised of course)
Sysgen
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:49 PM)
Sysgen's Avatar
I understand that Microsoft is allocating massive resources to get these games out on time.
PhatSaqs
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by sangreal

here is sakaguchi's answer:



http://games.kikizo.com/features/mis...v_aug05_p2.asp

whatever thats supposed to mean. probably just full of crap

I thought it was weird that they call it "menu based". WTF?
sangreal
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:50 PM)
sangreal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tieno

Menu based combat, so not realtime? :(

here is sakaguchi's answer:

Kikizo: Will the combat system be turns-based like the Final Fantasy series?

Sakaguchi: It's a new system...

Kikizo: Will it merge different styles?


Sakaguchi: It will merge different styles, and there's also a lot that is new.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/mis...v_aug05_p2.asp

whatever thats supposed to mean. probably just full of crap but it could be something like KOTOR. The screenshot looks like a standard turnbased jrpg to me though
BenjaminBirdie
(09-13-2006, 04:50 PM)
BenjaminBirdie's Avatar
Am I missing the other buttload of screenshots? I only see the one. INOUE NUMBER ONE!!
Tieno
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:50 PM)
Tieno's Avatar

Originally Posted by sangreal

here is sakaguchi's answer:



http://games.kikizo.com/features/mis...v_aug05_p2.asp

whatever thats supposed to mean. probably just full of crap

Thanks!



Here's the cgi trailer again from a while ago http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_2109_en.html
duckroll
mashadar's Nekomimi slave
(09-13-2006, 04:51 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by BenjaminBirdie

Am I missing the other buttload of screenshots? I only see the one. INOUE NUMBER ONE!!

Yes, the rest are invisible. :lol
K-type
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by PipBoy

ever play PST ? since you're immortal, when you die you wake up in a mortuary. Since this game seems to "borrow" a lot from PST, I expect the same system (japanised of course)

Pacific Standard Time is one of my all time favorite games.

I wonder whether they even know they're ripping off Planescape Torment.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(09-13-2006, 04:52 PM)
thetrin's Avatar
This game looks shit hot. I remember seeing the concept art way back and really liking it. I'm all over the japanese demo in Famitsu in November. Hell yes.

40-60 min demo? I love you Hironobu.
Confidence Man
360 release: 2005
PS3 release: 2007
I need the reminder.
(09-13-2006, 04:52 PM)
What are the chances of the demo showing up on marketplace?
K-type
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by TheTrin

This game looks shit hot. I remember seeing the concept art way back and really liking it. I'm all over the japanese demo in Famitsu in November. Hell yes.

40-60 min demo? I love you Hironobu.

Demo only available on a disc with Famitsu? Love is over!
Ajax
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:54 PM)
duckroll's post is a lot more informative than the OP's. I vote we put it first in the thread.
PhatSaqs
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Confidence Man

What are the chances of the demo showing up on marketplace?

Maybe about as long as the N3 demo?
Aryuken
Banned
(09-13-2006, 04:54 PM)
Blu Odissey sounds orgasmic and the scan at least makes it look like it has jaw dropping graphics.
MbGCaM
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:55 PM)
I want ALL the scans ... :_(
Matix
Member
(09-13-2006, 04:56 PM)
Hopefully Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, & Trusty Bell turns out as awesome as they seem, because the 360 desperately needs some decent RPGs ASAP !!
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(09-13-2006, 04:58 PM)
thetrin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aryuken

Blu Odissey sounds orgasmic and the scan at least makes it look like it has jaw dropping graphics.

How do you misspell the name of a game when it's in the ****ing title of the thread?! I mean, seriously man. What the **** is Blu Odissey?

EDIT: For anyone who is curious, the two other characters in that shot are named Sesu and Yansen.
C4Lukins
Member
(09-13-2006, 05:00 PM)
C4Lukins's Avatar
Blu Odissey sounds fantastic. I hope Los Dragun is equally as cool.
Himuro
Banned
(09-13-2006, 05:01 PM)
This game is going to be hot.

SIMULATANEOUS RELEASE WORLD WIDE. PLEASE.
bud
straight
(09-13-2006, 05:01 PM)
bud's Avatar
awesome scans. best looking game of the universe.
Aryuken
Banned
(09-13-2006, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by TheTrin

How do you misspell the name of a game when it's in the ****ing title of the thread?! I mean, seriously man. What the **** is Blu Odissey?

EDIT: For anyone who is curious, the two other characters in that shot are named Sesu and Yansen.

Hmm...Lost odissey. Weird....where the **** did i come up with blu odissey?

Originally Posted by C4Lukins

Blu Odissey sounds fantastic. I hope Los Dragun is equally as cool.


Oh thats it Blue Dragon <-> Lost Odissey.
snatches
Itagaki - HELP ME
(09-13-2006, 05:05 PM)
snatches's Avatar

Originally Posted by C4Lukins

Blu Odissey sounds fantastic. I hope Los Dragun is equally as cool.

:lol
Kobold
half-wit retard monkey's ass
(09-13-2006, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

- ASH is being targeted for the first half of 2007.

I had never heard of that ASH, ut it's for DS, so that makes sense.

http://www.game-science.com/news/001223.php

More info on Cry On needed total.
Manp
(09-13-2006, 05:08 PM)
Manp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ajax

duckroll's post is a lot more informative than the OP's. I vote we put it first in the thread.

duckroll IS the OP!

don't know why but GAF keeps inverting posts these days... it's happened to me too in another thread

:)
aerofx
Member
(09-13-2006, 05:08 PM)
40-60 minute demo? HOT!
BenjaminBirdie
(09-13-2006, 05:10 PM)
BenjaminBirdie's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Yes, the rest are invisible. :lol

I had a feeling. ;D
duk
Banned
(09-13-2006, 05:10 PM)
duk's Avatar
hurry up TGS and X06!
Sallokin
Member
(09-13-2006, 05:10 PM)
Sallokin's Avatar
This is a great way to start my day. Can't wait for TGS
mr jones
Ethnicity is not a race!
(09-13-2006, 05:11 PM)
mr jones's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aryuken

Oh thats it Blue Dragon <-> Lost Odissey.




AAAAAAAARGHWDUBYAHTEEYEFF!!!


[/grammarnazi]
Dr. Kitty Muffins
Member
(09-13-2006, 05:12 PM)
Dr. Kitty Muffins's Avatar
This could sway me.
BenjaminBirdie
(09-13-2006, 05:14 PM)
BenjaminBirdie's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

- Combat is not action driven but command menu driven.

I'm honestly kind of sick of RPG's shoehorning action driven combat into RPGs. It's the one thing I'm not looking forward to in Mass Effect. Keep It Simple Stupids! I've been fine with menu combat for like twenty years!

And I like the color scheme in that shot. I'm sure the Lost Oddyseus demo will be on US marketplace much sooner rather than later. By 12/31/06 no doubt.
Zonar
Member
(09-13-2006, 05:16 PM)
Zonar's Avatar
I can only see 1 scan. are their anymore?
Manp
(09-13-2006, 05:17 PM)
Manp's Avatar
nope
Himuro
Banned
(09-13-2006, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by BenjaminBirdie

I'm honestly kind of sick of RPG's shoehorning action driven combat into RPGs. It's the one thing I'm not looking forward to in Mass Effect. Keep It Simple Stupids! I've been fine with menu combat for like twenty years!

And I like the color scheme in that shot. I'm sure the Lost Oddyseus demo will be on US marketplace much sooner rather than later. By 12/31/06 no doubt.

It's not in motion though. You don't know if it's action based. :lol
Aryuken
Banned
(09-13-2006, 05:20 PM)

Originally Posted by mr jones




AAAAAAAARGHWDUBYAHTEEYEFF!!!


[/grammarnazi]

Hey, i say what i want when i really really want...Name that song B

And its spelling, grammar as to do with the times and shiz.
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(09-13-2006, 05:20 PM)
thetrin's Avatar

Originally Posted by mr jones




AAAAAAAARGHWDUBYAHTEEYEFF!!!


[/grammarnazi]

Well, it's spelling, not grammar...but, I feel your pain. :(

Thread Tools