• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V (3DS) scheduled to release August 4, 2016 more info upcoming Famitsu

Shun

It is not Etrian Odyssey V because no english. So it is 世界樹の迷宮V : 長き神話の果て (sekaiju no meikyuu V: nagaki shinwa no hate)
Mja6ILR.jpg

Famitsu Article
Nico Stream March 5
6480円 + Tax

Multiple Collector's editions

Limited Edition 10778円
bCSC8TD.jpg
ZnMoyVo.jpg

Famitsu DX Pack ebten 9,482円 + Tax
tap.jpg

-Game Software
-Yuji Hinata B2 Poster
-Mini Plate Set

3D Crystal Collector's Pack 16,080円
-Includes everything in the Famitsu DX Plus...
-LED Light Up Stand
-3D Crystal Fencer 50x80x50mm

Upcoming famitsu article will show off new class professions as well as a 10 page spread full of interviews, illustrations, and summaries.

Races: Aslan, Lunaria, Cerian, and Brani

Limited Edition of the game is 10778円 with the Soundtrack, art book, and DLC

Races is Aslan = Human Lunar = Elf Cerian = Beastkin Brani = Dwarf, small human

Fencer
Dragoon
Cestus
Reaper
Necromancer
Warlock
Herbalist
Shaman
Masurao is a hero/warrior
Hound is hunter class.

You can mix and match genders, race, and class freely. Choose one gender, one race, and class. Some class lock to certain race

There are race skills, character skills, and you can change the hair, skin, and eye colors with several 40 voices to choose from.

Development is 60% done and more will be show during NicoNico PV.
List of known VA:

Saori Hayami only voice that matters. If you want more I guess there is the rest of the list below.

Shouta Aoi
Satomi Arai
Akira Ishida
Touru Oukawa
Ayaka Ohashi
Yoshihisa Kawahara
Misaki Kuno
Mitsuki Saiga
Takuya Satou
Asami Seto
Atsuko Tanaka
Kousuke Toriumi
Jouji Nakata
Kaori Nazuka
Natsuki Hanae
Saori Hayami
Megumi Han
Youko Hikasa
Rina Hidaka
Yui Horie
Ayumu Murase
Tsubasa Yonaga

I'm personally looking forward to Arcadia and the classes and dungeons it will provide.

Y8lQOys.jpg

Nico Stream March 5
Hosted by: Yoshihisa Kawahara | Ayumu Murase | Kaori Nazuka | Chiaki Matsuzawa (MC)

vareon

At a quick glance it looks like any Etrian Odyssey, I wonder why they kept this for so long (or they simply revealed it too early because there was an event).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
At a quick glance it looks like any Etrian Odyssey, I wonder why they kept this for so long (or they simply revealed it too early because there was an event).

Perhaps they wanted to make sure people knew new games were still coming despite PersonaQ's success.

i'm assuming they wanted to tell people that they not switching totally to mystery dungeon style, considering that the teaser was during EMD stream

Memory

Awesome, really hope we see it in EU before 2018. Having to wait so long so one of my best series is a killer.

Awesome. Also hope they announce EO3U if that is happening soon. I remember thinking we had too many etrian games at one point and now need more.

duckroll

The fact that they have a Niconico stream for the game announced and the guests are all VAs also confirms that this will be taking a EOU route with voice acting.

AnGer

Lovely. The last regular EO game was released in 2012/2013, so it's good to have a new installment after all this time.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Happy for the news, but now I don't get why all the mystery surrounding the console back in 2014 XD

Nachos

Strange that they didn't use the logo they used for the initial announcement. I'm on my phone, so I can't access the desktop site, but it was basically this without the ETRIAN ODYSSEY or 始動, and with everything else centered.

7CyGrIU.jpg

I honestly thought that they might be shaking things up more, but they're still using the original logo. Shame, because I was digging the Didone V.

And, just from low-quality screenshots, it looks like the battle and mapping UIs have been overhauled.

kagamin

And, just from low-quality screenshots, it looks like the battle and mapping UIs have been overhauled.

I saw a fish icon, maybe we're getting another overworld like the last 2 mainline games, also that new battle UI looks sweet.

Nachos

本作では、キャラクターが就けるさまざまな職業も一新。キャラクターメイクの自由度はさらにアップ!
Someone else can verify, but it seems like the customization in character creation has been improved, as well.

I saw a fish icon, maybe we're getting another overworld like the last 2 mainline games, also that new battle UI looks sweet.
Yeah, they're nicer because they take up less screen space, too. The old menus weren't ugly by any means, but were super utilitarian and cluttered. It looks like things are a lot less monochromatic, too.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The fact that they have a Niconico stream for the game announced and the guests are all VAs also confirms that this will be taking a EOU route with voice acting.

Well that's exciting and explains why they took so long with this one. I wonder what it'll be like to have a traditional approach in there from scratch, it should help them make something a lot more interesting.

I hope they have the classic dungeon crawling mode still though, or I imagine some people will definitely not be happy about this.

Looking forward to picking this up! Wondering why they kept the console secret. The whole way they announced this was a bit odd, but I've been hyped anyways. More Etrian Odyssey is great!

It looks like P5 is either a July or September game, then.

sphinx

the piano man
this is good.

anyone else passed on all those remakes and spinn-offs?

I played I,II,III,IV at the time of release and finished them 100%,

I never had a need for remakes or anything, I am perfectly fine with one EO game every couple of years.

so V is going to be mine, and I will continue to ignore everything else

I am glad it's on 3DS, no need for new hardware

duckroll

Someone else can verify, but it seems like the customization in character creation has been improved, as well.

It says the job classes will be brand new and that the character creator has a higher degree of freedom than before. What that actually means... we'll find out soon.

spiritfox

Oh, just saw this thread. Sweet, looks like more classic EO.

Strange that they didn't use the logo they used for the initial announcement. I'm on my phone, so I can't access the desktop site, but it was basically this without the ETRIAN ODYSSEY or 始動, and with everything else centered.

7CyGrIU.jpg

I honestly thought that they might be shaking things up more, but they're still using the original logo. Shame, because I was digging the Didone V.

Maybe their initial concept was scrapped for something more traditional. That'll explain the long delay.

Mozendo

Oh man, I hope we get a quick localization I've been dying for more EO.
Will definitely buy a new 3DS if takes advantage of it.
After this we'll probably get Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold next year.
So excited

MLH

Aw yes, so soon! (well for Japan at least) If it does come out in Europe it'll probably be late 2017... I'm still powering my way through EOU2 (at the 5th Stratum already!) should have all the post game completed during the summer.

Looks to be a slight change to the character designs from previous games; they're more human-proportioned than they've ever been, that should please those that were put off by the exaggerated characters, it never bothered me but I am liking the new designs.

I think I've mentioned my wishes for this game many times already, but I'll state them again: I hope they included FM-versions of the soundtrack, I love that stuff. Also bring back the FOE orange unknown blob (even if it's just an option toggle), things feel scarier when I can't see what I'm about to face.
The map making improvements in PersonaQ were welcome, coloured icons (doors, event markers etc.) made detailed make making even better. I also loved the dungeon puzzle difficulty of PersonaQ. The Untold games seemed to be easier/ brain-dead in comparison. Keep it difficult, make me use those warp wires! Which brings me to my final point; Expert mode should disable floor jump, leave that shit to the casuals! It's still too tempting to use when I'm in a bad situation, so they should lock it out.

Top Bottom