• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Picross: Zelda TP leaked (March 31st)

kulapik

https://twitter.com/Cellenseres/status/705707689893093376

Source from Nintendo's eShop XML:

UK: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/GB/title/50010000039656?shop_id=1
US: https://samurai.ctr.shop.nintendo.net/samurai/ws/US/title/50010000039656?shop_id=1

Seems like it will be a reward to My Nintendo users. Suddenly makes the service more interesting. Maybe there will be more themed Picross games than this one?

picross-zelda-twilight-princess-icon.jpg

picross-zelda-twilight-princess.jpg

picross-zelda-twilight-princess-menu.jpg

I've never played any of these Picross games. Are they sudoku meets minesweeper or something?

It's in the name. Picross = Picture Crossword. Instead of filling out words, you fill in squares on the grid as using the number hints in order to make a picture.

If you have a 3DS there's a free to start (it would take a lot of dedication to beat it for free) Pokemon Picross game on the eshop.

kulapik

I like the fact that the site says "samurai" on it. Maybe they have changed the ninjas for less efficient samurais and that's why there's so many leaks.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
This sounds like it might be a My Nintendo (Club Nintendo replacement) reward for buying TPHD or something?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Love it. I'll take any Picross I can get.

I love Picross! But I hope it's just regular puzzles and not like that weird F2P Pokémon Picross game.
I guess it'll just be a small set of puzzles inspired by Zelda, would be cool if they did this for more games as a little promo in the future.

dity

Partner's put over over 100 hours into Pokemon Picross, and as soon as I showed her this thread she was like "OMG!" It better be real, lol.

Well that came out of nowhere, but count me the fuck in. I hope they get the pricing structure better than Pokemon Picross, but I'm always up for more Picross.

NoKisum

Still upset we never got that Club Nintendo Picross, that was the one I wanted the most.

Also, Nintendo, get Jupiter off of Picross for a moment so they can start developing Pokémon Pinball 3DS/NX handheld and TWEWY 2.

deleted

Is there a Picross game on the Wii U? Allways wanted to revisit the GB and SNES Picross games. Are the new ones better? What's the best one on the 3DS so far?

This looks really cool, especially if this kind of thing will become a regular reward on My Nintendo.

kulapik

Is there a Picross game on the Wii U? Allways wanted to revisit the GB and SNES Picross games. Are the new ones better? What's the best one on the 3DS so far?

This looks really cool, especially if this kind of thing will become a regular reward on My Nintendo.

There's not, sadly.

Also the best one is probably picross e6, and pokemon picross if you want to pay straight forward the $30 iap maximum

deleted

There's not, sadly.

Also the best one is probably picross e6, and pokemon picross if you want to pay straight forward the $30 iap maximum

Mario's Picross is still one the SNES VC on the Wii U, right? Don't have my Wii U atm or I would most likely straight up buy it now :p

I don't quite understand - pokemon picross is a f2p? Picross e6 is not, but also 3DS, right?

@MUWANdo

Banned

Mario's Super Picross (the Super Famicom version) is available on the Wii U Virtual Console in EU/AU but not NA.

Dee Dee

3DS -> Mario Picross (GB) on Virtual Console!

There is actually a bunch of Picross e1 - e6, but I can't really say which one is the best of these. I didn't like e3 though.

If you are fine with spending more than 5 bucks on Picross, pay for unlimited Picroits in Pokémon Picross - the Picross eX games have more puzzles for cheaper though, try those first.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't quite understand - pokemon picross is a f2p? Picross e6 is not, but also 3DS, right?

Picross e1 through e6 are standard games. Pokemon Picross is f2p but it'll take forever to get anywhere without paying anything.

There's also Mario's Picross for Game Boy, which is on the 3DS VC in all regions, plus the retail versions of Picross & Picross 3D for DS, and Picross 3D 2 may be coming to 3DS in NA/EU/AU soon.

Still upset we never got that Club Nintendo Picross, that was the one I wanted the most.

Also, Nintendo, get Jupiter off of Picross for a moment so they can start developing Pokémon Pinball 3DS/NX handheld and TWEWY 2.

They do actually make non-Picross games.

Recently they made Tales of the World: Reve Unitia for 3DS (a enhanced port of Tales of the World: Tactics Union for Android which they also did), and also Medabots Dual (and very likely now Medabots: Girls Mission which is a sequel to Dual).

But as far as Nintendo-directly, yeah, it's just been Picross games for over a decade. I was hoping to see Pokemon Pinball XY from them. :(

Top Bottom