• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of SNES VC Titles found in the SNES emulator for New 3DS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://gonintendo.com/stories/253674-japan-list-of-snes-titles-found-in-new-3ds-snes-vc-release

Someone went poking around inside the SNES 'emulator' that Nintendo uses for the SNES VC on New 3DS. They ended up finding a list of games in there that are most likely coming to the service in Japan. Some are games we knew about, others are not. Check out the list below.

Super Marioworld
Super Mario World

Super Picross 1
Mario no Super Picross

Zeldanodensetsu
Zelda no Densetsu

Simcity
Sim City

Super Donkey Kong 1
Super Donkey Kong 1

Shvc Fireemblem 0
Fire Emblem

f-zero
F-Zero

パネル デ ポン 0
Paneru de Pon

Pilotwings
Pilotwings

Sutte Hakkun Np 1
Sutte Hakkun

Fireemblem4 1
Fire Emblem 2

Picross Np Vol.1 1
Picross NP Vol1

Kirby Bowl 0
Kirby Bowl

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter II

デンセツノオウガバトル
Ogre Battle

Akumajo Dracula
Akumajo Dracula

Seikendensetsu 2 !
Seiken Densetsu 2

Sfx Dragonballz2 0
Dragon Ball Z 2

Goemon 4 0
Ganbare Goemon 4

Kamaitachi No Yoru
Kamaitachi no Yoru

R-type 3 0
R-Type III

Final Fight
Final Fight

Torneconodaibouken
Torneko no Dai Bouken

Gradius 3
Gradius III

Populous
Populous

Otogirisou
Otogirisou

Herakles 3
Herakles III

Digital Devil Story
Shin Megami Tensei

Actraiser
Actraiser

Hu Super Bomberman 3 1
Super Bomberman 3

Super Mario Kart 1
Super Mario Kart

Supermario Collection
Super Mario Collection

Super Metroid 0
Super Metroid

Mother-2 1
Mother 2

Super Punch-out!!
Super Punch-Out!!

Super Donkey Kong 2 1
Super Donkey Kong 2

Super Donkey Kong 3 1
Super Donkey Kong 3

ヘイセイ シンオニガシマ ゼンペン1
Heisei Sin Onigasima Zen

ヘイセイ シンオニガシマ コウヘン 1
Heisei Sin Onigasima Kou

Gk-wrecking Crew 1
Wrecking Crew 98

Mini4ku Lets&go Wgp2 1
Mini Yonku Let's & Go!! 2

Kirby No Kira Kizzu 0
Kirby no Kirakira Kids

Power Soukoban 0
Power Soukoban

Picross Np Vol.2 1
Picross NP Vol2

Picross Np Vol.3 1
Picross NP Vol3

Picross Np Vol.4 1
Picross NP Vol4

ハジマリノ モリ 1
HAJIMARI NO MORI

デア・ラングリッサー 0
Der Langrisser

ショダイ ネッケツ コウハ クニオクン
Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Kun

トレジャーハンターg 0
Treasure Hunter G

マーヴェラス
Marvelous

ヘラクレス4 カミガミカラノオクリモノ 0
Hercules IV

スーパーワギャンランド
Super Wagyan Land

Final Fantasy 5 !
Final Fantasy 5

Final Fantasy 6 1
Final Fantasy 6

Clock Tower Sfx 1
Clock Tower Sfx

Dragonquest 1・2
Dragon Quest 1+2

Dragonquest3 1
Dragon Quest 3

クニオクンノ ドッジボ-ル 0
Kunio Kun No Dodgeball

M A J I N T E N S E I
Majintensei

マ ジン テ ン セ イ 2 1
Majintensei2

ツキコモリ 1
Tsukikomori

キュウヤク・メガミテンセイ
Kyuuyaku Megamitensei

I would be more excited if any of these had a chance of coming west or being region free. :/

SMT, DQ, Panel de Pon, and Fire Emblem... so jealous.

EDIT: is "Clock Tower" like, the original Clock Tower game? The one the PS1 game is a sequel to? Damn.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
It's missing Rockman 7 and RMX1-3, all four confirmed in the Japanese direct.

So, there could be even more.

Platy

Strange only Street 2 being there, when the japanese direct showed 2, Super and Alpha 2

Also, interesting about Mario Collection

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So the entire main DQ series will be playable on n3DS when 1+2 and 3 releases... Nice.

Aeana

I wonder how they'll make Secret of Mana look good. The menu text uses a high resolution mode that's got too many vertical lines for the 3DS's resolution.

Hylian7

Fire Emblem
Shin Megami Tensei

Nintendo, Atlus, you have a chance to right wrongs of your past. Please localize these.

At least consider it if Mother 3 gets localized and does well.

NoKisum

Did DQ3 SNES ever come to America? Being able to play either that or a GBC VC version would be nice.

cvxfreak

Where are you, Super Mario RPG? :(

Not bothered by the lack of FFIV since I'd honestly rather play the GBA version or the PSP one.

Inumbris

That's a pretty nice list; very jealous of the Fire Emblem entries.

I'm kinda surprised to see Populous on there; how popular was the game in Japan anyway?

Wilsongt

That's a lot nice titles never leaving Japan. Not even going to bother with the VC. You can only buy Super Mario World so many times.

It's interesting that they include super mario collection, I don't think that was on VC previously. Would be nice to have those games + SMW portable.

Not sure whether to be surprised at the lack of Chrono Trigger, SE might be worried a handheld VC release would prevent sales of the DS version, but how much could that possibly be selling at this point?

Also surprised at the lack of Mystical Ninja.

Aeana

Not sure whether to be surprised at the lack of Chrono Trigger, SE might be worried a handheld VC release would prevent sales of the DS version, but how much could that possibly be selling at this point?

Goemon 4 0
Ganbare Goemon 4

Hylian7

Is the DS version even being produced anymore?

Even so, didn't the SNES version make it onto the Wii VC about a year after the DS version came out.

Even so, the DS version is still the best one.

Was hoping to see Chrono Trigger.

Yeah I know the DS version exists, but personally I don't really care that much for the new script and additions. The SNES version is all I ever need, honestly.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Populous? the fuck?

Can anyone find a source for this list? GN obviously isn't it and the site they took the story from isn't the source.

I wonder how they'll make Secret of Mana look good. The menu text uses a high resolution mode that's got too many vertical lines for the 3DS's resolution.

As does Marvelous.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Did DQ3 SNES ever come to America? Being able to play either that or a GBC VC version would be nice.
Nope, none of the DQ games for the SNES were released in the west sadly.

randomkid

Do U.S. credit cards still work on the Wii shop on the Wii? All these games are also available there as far as I know, once you hack your Wii to change the region to Japan, which is something anyone who has both a Wii and Wii U ought to do.

Shizuka

Final Fantasy VI. That's all I fucking need. I've waited years for the game to be released as a SNES or GBA VC for Wii U in America, but I'll take SNES VC on my N3DSXL. Just get it out in the West, Square-Enix.

Dragonball Z is actually the most surprising one there, in my opinion, since licensed titles don't really show up on Virtual Console outside of some rare occasions.

Top Bottom