• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Infiltration was hardly the most creative part of Sapienza, was it? You basically get in through the front gate, the cliffside, or the safehouse. Or reverse-infiltrate from the lab or ruins later on.

*Blindly stumbles into conversation*

There are I think 6 mansion entrance methods in Sapienza, not counting unlocked starting positions, off the top of my head...

1. Front gate (disguise or flowers)
2. Ruins (near crash)
3. Sewer/Church
4. Service Entrance (using one of several keycards in map or by following someone in)
5. Apartment Building (drop down from balcony)
6. Beach (leads to the lab cove)

That being said for the first few days I found it incredibly constricting. It took a lot of trial, error, and escalations to really understand all of the different approaches. Pretty sure I'll feel the same way with each chapter as I figure out the intricacies of each setup.

Moff

did my first run and like it, but my first impression is that both paris and sapienza were better, yeah. it's huge though so I still have to see a lot for a final judgement.
and I really like the political plot in this one, it's a cool setting.
but I don't think every episode needs to be as good as paris or sapienza, marrakesh would still be a highlight in any other hitman game

not really many interesting mastery unlocks though, that's a shame. the most interesting one would be
the sickness poison, but rat poison is everyhwere in the levels and the rubber duck for people who didn't preorder

Randdalf

I've finished Marrakesh twice now. First time was your standard fumbling about run, got mastery level 5 off it though. Second was a flawless sniper assassin run, which also revealed to me how to access the school without going past the guards... I have a vague idea of how I might approach a SASO run now.

Ludens

Banned
This was my first attempt:

mRvMYO8.jpg

I don't like this episode too much, I still need to figure out how
to enter[the school without changing outfit.

Also I was trying to follow an opportunity but after 30 minutes (yeah, I spent 30 minutes out of 17 following a dude to subdue him at the right moment, but I couldn't figure out a way to know him out without being spotted) I gave up because I was trying to get SA, so I managed to kill the second target and ended the mission.

Randdalf

I honestly think it's on par with Sapienza for me right now. Sapienza was a better level, but having to get the virus every time was kind of grating.

Metal-Geo

Definitely my least favourite so far. But then again, Paris and Sapienze were GOTY content.

Still plenty left for me to explore in this map.

brau

Since this Episode relies so much in crowds i wish that you could use that to your advantage. Right now, even in a crowd, people that can spot you will spot you no matter what the density of people are around them.

I feel like it would be a lot more chaotic for them to pinpoint someone that looks suspicious among the crowd.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Since this Episode relies so much in crowds i wish that you could use that to your advantage. Right now, even in a crowd, people that can spot you will spot you no matter what the density of people are around them.

I feel like it would be a lot more chaotic for them to pinpoint someone that looks suspicious among the crowd.

you could do that in absolution. It was pretty cool.

Rizzi

I realized what this game is missing when I found a rooftop overlooking one of the target in the latest episode.
A sniper rifle suitcase.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I can confirm performance has been improved for Sapienza on Xbox.
I was getting some minor drops in 4-5 areas of the map, now I've only noticed drops at the church near the ocean.

Tuffty

I guess coming off of Sapienza it feels like a smaller step back, even with less to do as there are fewer challenges compared to Paris or Sapienza, but this is just me talking after only playing it once. For what it's worth, it's still a great Hitman level and I'll replay the hell out of it. I think what's different about this one compared to the others is that it feels tougher to get a good rating. With Sapienza's open environment it felt slightly easier to kill a target as you had so much freedom to approach them from different angles. This one feels more like a traditional Hitman level, fairly limited ways to approach a target, harder to get to even with a disguise, pretty hard to get a good rating. There's good value there in that sense, Silent Assassin challenge is going to be fun. In these conditions, the Elusive Target is going to be hell. I do really like the setup to this mission too, it's perhaps my favourite, as there's some political intrigue involved.

My biggest gripe against the game this far and it continues even in Marrakesh, is that everyone speaks with a perfectly fluent American accent. Ruins the atmosphere somewhat.

Deadstar

I guess coming off of Sapienza it feels like a smaller step back, even with less to do as there are fewer challenges compared to Paris or Sapienza, but this is just me talking after only playing it once. For what it's worth, it's still a great Hitman level and I'll replay the hell out of it. I think what's different about this one compared to the others is that it feels tougher to get a good rating. With Sapienza's open environment it felt slightly easier to kill a target as you had so much freedom to approach them from different angles. This one feels more like a traditional Hitman level, fairly limited ways to approach a target, harder to get to even with a disguise, pretty hard to get a good rating. There's good value there in that sense, Silent Assassin challenge is going to be fun. In these conditions, the Elusive Target is going to be hell. I do really like the setup to this mission too, it's perhaps my favourite, as there's some political intrigue involved.

My biggest gripe against the game this far and it continues even in Marrakesh, is that everyone speaks with a perfectly fluent American accent. Ruins the atmosphere somewhat.

I'm fine with this. Not every level has to be bigger than the last. I can't wait to check it out tonight.

If I've only bought the intro pack so far can I still do the Paris elusive targets? What if I bought episode 2 tomorrow, would I be able to do its elusive target since I haven't yet?

Foffy

Banned
If I've only bought the intro pack so far can I still do the Paris elusive targets? What if I bought episode 2 tomorrow, would I be able to do its elusive target since I haven't yet?

You can only play them while they're live. Unless plans change, IO has zero plans on allowing people to replay Elusive Targets.

You've missed both Paris and Sapienza, but they may make more for each location going forward. But The Forger and The Congressman are both missions that unless plans change, you have entirely missed out on.

pahamrick

You can only play them while they're live. Unless plans change, IO has zero plans on allowing people to replay Elusive Targets.

You've missed both Paris and Sapienza, but they may make more for each location going forward. But The Forger and The Congressman are both missions that unless plans change, you have entirely missed out on.

I still think they're going to recycle all the elusive targets after the 'official' retail launch next January.

Randdalf

Good. :p

Not really the same thing.

It isn't exactly the same thing, but the only difference is being able to carry around a sniper rifle in any diguise. It's not like you can do suit-only missions with a sniper rifle, right? It's a cool thing to have, and I'm looking forward to them adding it, but it's not exactly a game changer.

I guess one thing about Marrakesh is that it's hard to justify the kind of slapstick kills you had in Sapienza, since security is so elevated.

"The target wishes to hear a famous local street perfomer before departing, 47. The agency has dropped off a custom guitar-mounted rocket launcher for your retrieval."

I'm going to have to see how you execute the
evacuation
opportunity before passing judgment. Could be make-or-break in terms of putting this level over the top.

MUnited83

For you.
Killed one of the targets by
posing as a masseuse and the other by literally throwing a toilet on top of him.

Liked to see the addition of peep holes, will certainly be useful for when playing without any kind of helps enabled.

Is there anyone in NA on PS4 who has managed to download the new episode? Their Twitter posting (from 6 hours ago) suggests it's isolated to some users but it seems like it's everyone?

ev0

hmm..I'm in the US and PSN is showing $9.99 for me for Marrakesh. I own the full experience. Anyone else have this issue?

Ran into a really annoying bug twice already where I'm noticed through walls while strangling someone. At least they aren't dying anymore, I guess. :\

Top Bottom