• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Registers Trademark and Domain for a Game called "Javelin"

ekim

untitledmtkd3.png

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015213416
http://whois.domaintools.com/javelingame.org
http://whois.domaintools.com/javelingame.com

Pierce me if old.

Philippo

Just a code name, but i feel it's the name of the ship we'll pilot in Visceral's Star Wars game.

i feel it in the Force

Sometimes I wonder if publishers just trademark random nouns in the dictionary, just in case they think they'll need it later. Like somebody just figured 'Javelin' was a cool sounding word, so EA had to make sure they had first dibs.

ekim

Sometimes I wonder if publishers just trademark random nouns in the dictionary, just in case they think they'll need it later. Like somebody just figured 'Javelin' was a cool sounding word, so EA had to make sure they had first dibs.

If you register a trademark you will have to use it.

Domain registered a day after GDC'16 kicks off. VR announcement or something related? Ubisoft jumped in with Werewolf. EA and Acti aren't gonna sit idle.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What's midcore? Something like SimCity:Build it or that PvZ card game?
It's the subset of mobile games that are halfway between casual games and traditional console titles.

Clash of Clans is one of the more famous examples, but Real Racing 3 for EA mobile games is also a good fit.

It's hard for me to say with PvZ CCG yet, but that might also be a good example.

SimCity Mobile is more of a tradition casual mobile city building title.

They're usually associated with longer session lengths, high production values, and more complex gameplay, but not really being a straight adaptation of a console title.

ekim

It's the subset of mobile games that are halfway between casual games and traditional console titles.

Clash of Clans is one of the more famous examples, but Real Racing 3 for EA mobile games is also a good fit.

It's hard for me to say with PvZ CCG yet, but that might also be a good example.

SimCity Mobile is more of a tradition casual mobile city building title.

Got you. Thanks for explaining. :)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's also some kind of third person action game from EA Canada that doesn't have a studio name yet, but I suspect that might be too early.

ekim

There's also some kind of third person action game from EA Canada that doesn't have a studio name yet, but I suspect that might be too early.

well considering the history of EA's registration<-->announcement time span, we should know about this rather soon.

Cardon

Gunhead is real, guys.

Why did you have to bring that up? Now I'm going to be sad again that Gunhead got canned.

Totally expecting Javelin to be a mobile game. Think the Criterion game is a ways off if it hasn't been halted already for some reason or another.

Top Bottom