• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know, I think Face Shaman may actually be better at climbing. Its games tend to be faster then secret paladin games. It is a lot easier to fuck up though.

Apathy

Yup, necromancy has to be messed up.

I got lucky and got the pit snake spell and used it on the heigan so I could kill it and he could not be ressed as heigan. even several board kills, even with me playing that card that changes all other minions at the end of the turn going off 3 times (and each turn killing at least 1 transformed card), my oppoent kept ressing the pit snake, every turn, like 15 times. Never ressed anything else. That is mathematically impossible. The same shit has happened to me the other day when I only ressed spectral spiders.

Pooya

Aggro druid is the future of druid class, maybe people are preparing for that :p. From those recipes, looks like savage roar will be around in some form. The deck essentially can be turned into beast druid. You don't really need combo to win with that deck, it's about curving out with explosive starts.

I've been playing one on my f2p account, druid of the fang is really good actually and can replace fel reaver just fine, druid has enough beasts to make it work consistently now, druid of the saber is so good with it and you want to play that anyway, power of the wild is another one, I'm not a fan of druid of the flame, good thing we have raptors now. Wildwalker isn't a bad card if you play jungle panther but it's not a beast itself.. I prefer to play stranglehorn tigers now. They are so good.

Too bad Fang is rotating out too, if we get something comparable that actually gives a reason to play beasts synergy (not that awful 6/6 card, like seriously?) I think the deck is actually really decent. I've been having a lot of success with it.

I want a Nerubian Egg replacement to keep Egg Druid around.

I don't know, I think Face Shaman may actually be better at climbing. Its games tend to be faster then secret paladin games. It is a lot easier to fuck up though.
How is Face Shaman easier to mess up with? Honest question since I am looking to build the deck.

My god, went 1-3 consecutively with warlock since I really wanted to complete that daily. Feels bad man.
I had that feeling this weekend. I learned this weekend that I should stick to Arena on weeknights as I improve, because the pickings are easier.

I got lucky and got the pit snake spell and used it on the heigan so I could kill it and he could not be ressed as heigan. even several board kills, even with me playing that card that changes all other minions at the end of the turn going off 3 times (and each turn killing at least 1 transformed card), my oppoent kept ressing the pit snake, every turn, like 15 times. Never ressed anything else. That is mathematically impossible. The same shit has happened to me the other day when I only ressed spectral spiders.
Blizzard needs better testers to ensure this stuff actually works. Or they just need to flat-out test it, because it's embarrassing how obviously broken the mechanic is.

Zoggy

posted this in the wrong topic:

what are the best decks for ranks 5+? everytime i get this far, I can never win more than 50% with seemingly any deck. maybe im just bad

at that level the deck you're using is really irrelevant, its all about the plays you're making.

Dahbomb

Every time the Pit Snake is resurrected and killed... it increases the probability of the Pit Snake getting resurrected because there are more Pit Snakes in the resurrection pool. That's how the math works and how the guy consistently got Pit Snakes in the late game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want a Nerubian Egg replacement to keep Egg Druid around.

How is Face Shaman easier to mess up with? Honest question since I am looking to build the deck.
It can be a bit easy to miss having lethal due to the number of interactions between cards, and you can end up fucking your self over with overload if you aren't careful. Basically overload forces you to plan two to three turns ahead at all times, where Secret Paly never has to worry about that, you just smack down cards on curve.

Apathy

Every time the Pit Snake is resurrected and killed... it increases the probability of the Pit Snake getting resurrected because there are more Pit Snakes in the resurrection pool. That's how the math works and how the guy consistently got Pit Snakes in the late game.

I took enough statistic courses to know. The problem is that it shouldn't count every card kill as +1 to the pool. 5 pit snakes kills should not count for 5 in the pool, it should be a pit snake is in the pool. It inflates the probability, therefore it becomes a disadvantage for the rafaam player that tries to keep an overpowered card dead. Instead of having an equal shot at any card.

Even with an inflated pool, 15 pit snakes in a row is astronomical to achieve.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I took enough statistic courses to know. The problem is that it shouldn't count every card kill as +1 to the pool. 5 pit snakes kills should not count for 5 in the pool, it should be a pit snake is in the pool. It inflates the probability, therefore it becomes a disadvantage for the rafaam player that tries to keep an overpowered card dead. Instead of having an equal shot at any card.

Even with an inflated pool, 15 pit snakes in a row is astronomical to achieve.

I get what you are saying, but Kel's hero power does not pull a card out of the graveyard and put it into play, it copies it and puts a new card into play. Hopefully if they bring the brawl back, thats one of the things they change.

Apathy

I get what you are saying, but Kel's hero power does not pull a card out of the graveyard and put it into play, it copies it and puts a new card into play. Hopefully if they bring the brawl back, thats one of the things they change.

Oh and here I was working under that assumption. My way just seems like the logical way to do it.

I guess the only card going to be revealed this weekend is the one being revealed for the APAC championships tonight.

As for gold and dust for the next expansion, I've got 7.8k gold and ~4k dust.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What the hell is wrong with the servers tonight. Its is just randomly hanging, and a bunch of opponents are DCing.

Pooya

I guess the only card going to be revealed this weekend is the one being revealed for the APAC championships tonight.

As for gold and dust for the next expansion, I've got 7.8k gold and ~4k dust.

Tom[Insert# here] has a card to reveal too. He casts APAC for Chinese, probably happens then.

Badgerst3

Remind me- is the end of the month ranking based on highest level achieved or current level when month ends.

So trying to break level 10.

haha i was playing some pally with a shitty warrior deck just trying to grind out a quest and he had me dead to rights with a bunch of little shits on the board, but he played tirion into my sylvanas, which despite all the little shits, got stolen

so, ty for win

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Playing Zoo against Freeze Mage. Mage goes off this turn and plays like a billion burn spells, and gets me down to 4 life, while he's got Ice Block up. I manage to knock him down about 20 health and then even pop the block by using PO on a Boom Bot and letting the deathrattle pop it.

Then I Bran into Loatheb.

God that is the BEST feeling.

Apathy

Playing Zoo against Freeze Mage. Mage goes off this turn and plays like a billion burn spells, and gets me down to 4 life, while he's got Ice Block up. I manage to knock him down about 20 health and then even pop the block by using PO on a Boom Bot and letting the deathrattle pop it.

Then I Bran into Loatheb.

God that is the BEST feeling.

Speaking of brann, he's already quite liked but he might become very popular with gods

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Speaking of brann, he's already quite liked but he might become very popular with gods

He seems like a shoe in for a C'thul deck atleast, dunno about the deathrattle one though since the board being clogged will already crop up.

butts

Just won with an Anub'arak + Poisoned Blade hit for exact lethal. Dude probably never thought he'd lose like that.

I hit rank 6 with Grim Patron today. I could be rank 5 by now, but I lost 3 matches during win streaks for errors on my end. The most recent one was my opponent having nothing on the board (Druid), and I have 1 life. I play Grom with 9 mana...oh right, I just needed to armor to win the game since my board was filled with Patrons.

I just did the impossible. I won a joust with a Master Jouster in the Arena. Did my game break? Is this a glitch?
Nah, it happened to me once
when my opponent played him.

what are the best decks for ranks 5+? everytime i get this far, I can never win more than 50% with seemingly any deck. maybe im just bad

I would go with druid.

Also, just some advice. You gotta stick with it. And I don't mean never change decks, but I mean don't change just because you lose a couple. It's a learning stage, to perfect your plays as much as possible. Even when you're playing really well, sometimes it'll take a little bit of luck to get over the hump. And keep expectations realistic cause getting to rank 5 is more like half way to legend, not almost at legend.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Blizard would Nerf Wild Growth so it doesn't Cycle cards if played late game. Its sort of unintuitive that it actually does it all, since no other "Excess Mana" gives you a card draw.

I wonder if Blizard would Nerf Wild Growth so it doesn't Cycle cards if played late game. Its sort of unintuitive that it actually does it all, since no other "Excess Mana" gives you a card draw.
I would rather it go the other way around. Drawing dead cards late game sucks.

fertygo

Wild Growth is pretty suck when used that way, so eh..

Zoo or Tempo Mage. In almost any meta, given enough time you can hit Legend with these two.

Woah. Wrong page. I'm drunk, I guess.

Tacitus_

Astral Communion also gives you Excess Mana if you use it with 10 mana.

Danj

Don't feel bad, I'm worse than you, can't get past rank 15 even and I've been playing a year now.

I tried a secrets paladin deck but it doesn't seem to be doing any better than any other deck I've tried, so yeah, I'm just bad at the game somehow.

seems pretty bad. warhorse trainer and no muster?

It was the only one I could find that only had one Mysterious Challenger.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No clue how well that Reno Paly deck would do, but I think it would be worth it to just swap Warhorse Trainer for Muster For Battle.

Really, the more I look over that decklist, I think is just sucks. I would not use it.

Herla

I just wanted to say that this Tavern Brawl is pretty damn stupid.

MfHrf3p.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New Card infest:
Fd7NDDn.png

I think this is damn good. The first thing that comes to mind is a turn 6, Unleash the Hounds into Infest combo.

Top Bottom