• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 2016 |OT| Always looking to go deep

Cornbread78

aCLPuaX.jpg

Product details:

Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment
System: PlayStation 4/3
Genre: Sports/Baseball
Gameplay: Offline and Online Play
Release Date: 3/29/2016
http://theshow.com/
PSX Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKMBnNEGn_I

Q9dql7r.png
YBxYRTg.jpg

nmdMfMh.jpg
lxEASat.jpg

GNMrlJh.png

Road to The Show:
Got what it takes to make the big Show? You'll have to prove it on the all-new, revamped Road to The Show career mode to the big leagues.
In MLB The Show 16, gamers can tap their thumbs through an entire series of Road to The Show games without ever having to navigate the main menu between games — a time-saving feature that wasn't available with last year's title.
Within the same mode will be your chance to impress scouts during the Topps Prospect Showcase, which now includes Bowman Scout Day and a new scouting report system, altogether. Out is the 1-through-99 point scouting system and in is the 20-80 point style of scouting, which speaks to actual Major League Baseball scouts. While training and getting players up to speed, gamers will also be able to earn and unlock gameplay perks along the way.

Showtime Gameplay
More than any other added feature, Showtime might be the one that gamers are most excited about. That's because, the gameplay feature allows you to slow the action down into slow motion, so you can lock in and put the barrel of the bat on the ball or extend an outfielder's body to make that thrilling web-gem of a diving catch.
In a way, the feature can be considered cheating, but Sony San Diego and Sony Computer Entertainment keep you honest by making you attain player perks, which let you use Showtime. Run out of those perks and your Showtime will turn into no time.
Don't let that happen to you, as the ability to use Showtime during a crucial moment of a game is definitely an advantage

Diamond Dynasty Expansion
The revamped Diamond Dynasty keeps gamers abreast of every player with up-to-date information that's available by the droves. How does the impending title pull that off? Well, it worked with baseball analytics firm, Inside Edge, to empower gamers with a Daily Player Rating for every day of the 2016 MLB season.
That rating, which goes from one-star to five-star, could vary night-to-night, depending on who that player is facing. So, if New York Yankees designated hitter Alex Rodriguez tends to be hot against Boston Red Sox pitching, his Daily Player Rating when facing his rival will be high. If he doesn't do as well against Toronto Blue Jays pitching, that will be reflected, too.
Within the same Diamond Dynasty component, MLB The Show 16 has added hundreds of new players, with the ability to add more legends. The latter comes in the form of "Flashbacks," pinpointing different players from highlighted parts of their careers. Within that, there's the "Prime Flashback," "Rookie Flashbacks" and "Postseason Flashbacks."
The introduction of Missions will give gamers tasks to accomplish to earn cards, XPs and stubs. One such example might be collecting 25 Atlanta Braves players to unlock a Braves "Flashback" player. Gamers could also earn tickets towards one of six captains or MLB superstars as well.

Battle Royale And Conquest Mode
Battle Royale pits player versus player online, giving gamers 25 draft rounds to build their team from the ground up, before engaging in double-elimination tournaments. Every draft starts with a Diamond round, in which you'll build your club around the best player available. From there, the draft transitions into a randomized order.
Once your team is set, Battle Royale mode has gamers playing three innings against each other. Winning games, while in the mode, enables gamers to win "Flashback" and "Legend" cards, including that for Luis Tiant and Nolan Ryan. While the initial entry into the Battle Royale is free, each additional entry will cost 1,500 stubs.
Conquest Mode puts individual gamers through the ringer, as they test their skills against each of the MLB's 30 franchises in attempt to conquer North America. The more teams you defeat, the more you grow your fan base, but be warned — computer-generated teams are out to grow their fan bases as well, making it all the more of an interesting race.

More Dives, Batting Stances, "No-Doubt" Home-Run Swings And Pitching Movements
Attempting to deliver the most-realistic title in its ongoing series to date, MLB The Show 16 has added 400 new dives, double-play turns and foul-ball catches, in addition to 290 new, or recaptured, batting stances and 50 "no-doubt" home-run swings. Wow. One of those no-doubt home-run swings is none other than Jose Bautista's notorious bat flip, which came in last year's playoffs, lifting the Toronto Blue Jays to the ALCS.
The game also touts 240 new, or recaptured, pitching windups or stretches for pitchers, making for a more realistic command of the mound as well

Personalized Home-Run Celebrations
Ever noticed how Toronto Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion, perches his arm out as he rounds the bases following a home run? Well, his "Walk the Parrot" home-run celebration is just one of the many that the game will include, as part of its personalized home runs

Quick Summary of changes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNv37mE3ENE

Reviews:
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ml...6-review-13718

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...psls/#/slide/1

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/mlb-the-show-16

MeQY3YW.jpg

(Thank you Papi!)

*New Details section via Techland review. Will link

Updates:

5/2/2016:
Patch v1.04 is out for PS4 and PS3. PS4 file size is 237.3 MB.:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202415675&postcount=418

So hyped for the new Diamond Dynasty modes. It's a damn shame this had to come out in between the SFV updates.

Also, fuck the cardinals.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Ready to play with Correa and get the minor league rosters then reverse the terrible trade for Ken Giles.

PreFire

Nice OT

Really been enjoying the game the past week. I've been hitting bombs in RTTS

Just loaded my Yankees second baseman from MLB 15, who I loaded from MLB 14.. Every rating at 99 lol this should be fun with all perks unlocked

v1lla21

Okay, but does online work now?

I was going to pre-order but I won't be picking the game up for another 3 weeks

Sizzle55

Yes my favorite game franchise returns! Going to put a lot of time into Diamond Dynasty this year looks really cool.

friz898

I'm having trouble getting the game to see my mp3 files. It recognizes my USB drive now that I reformatted it. Both exFAT and FAT32 seem to work.

But now it just gives me a screen "which usb drive do you want to use" and there's nothing to select.

Works fine in ps4 media thing, just not in MLB.

Edit:

Well two things just happened. One of them fixed it.

1. I enabled HDCP in System Settings.
2. They just patched the game already, updated the current rosters, and even changed the options to now have a new box in the bottom-right corner that has all the tutorials. (Previously sounds of the show was in that corner). They have also added in their streaming notes and announcements.

Edit #2:

It immediately crashed when it tried to load one of my songs (after sucessfully importing all 36) -- this was mentioned in the ShowNation forums already.

Oh also, that patch I mentioned in Edit 1, it now has it's opening cinematic, I was wondering when they were going to add that.

Okay, but does online work now?

I was going to pre-order but I won't be picking the game up for another 3 weeks

Worked great last year for Diamond Dynasty online games (of which I probably played a couple of hundred) and the streams I watched last night made it seem like that is the case again this year. My copy is installing right now so I haven't tested out this years yet.

More reviews:

Cheat Code Central - 4.9/5 :
There’s something so pure and beautiful about the game of baseball that other sports can’t quite capture. The crack of the bat, the smell of the freshly cut grass, the hotdog vendors, and even the strange allure of coaches wearing uniforms all add to the mystique that surrounds the game. MLB The Show 16 certainly captures the essence of America’s favorite pastime – so much so, that this might be the best baseball simulator to ever hit the video game platform.

Playstation Universe - 9.0/10:
San Diego Studio continues to show love for baseball with MLB The Show 16, taking its historic limelight and bringing to it a multitude of new options, features, and enhancements. Every annual release should be better than the last year, but MLB 16 The Show expands on all fronts with dividends and adds even more reasons to crack the bat.

Forbes - 8.5/10:
The Show looks good, plays great and is deep enough to overshadow moderately unbalanced visuals and a slight void of personality. If you’ve always loved the series, the fire will still burn despite the minor infractions.

Examiner - 4/5:
MLB The Show 16 could’ve been a disappointment, just another entry with an updated roster. Fortunately Sony San Diego brought improvements, innovations, and some (potentially) fun experiments to the table.

Game Revolution - 3.5/5:
These days sports titles are feeling less and less like sports titles... and more like RPGs. “Buy this house, and date this girl, oh don’t forget to answer your cell phone when an agent calls.” But what about the game?! Don’t get me wrong, MLB The Show 16 is a solid sim that plays well and looks better than ever. I just get slightly irritated in the circus that surrounds it.

Darkstation - 3.5/5:
MLB The Show 16 is yet another great game of baseball, but for the first time I felt like the franchise is starting to wane in its greatness. I mentioned at the beginning that this is a franchise that has continued to push forward without competition, but this is the first game that’s really starting to feel like the franchise needs some big changes. The core game here is still fantastic but it’s in need of some major overhauls in the moment to moment action on the diamond to keep it at the high pedestal the franchise has been at over the years.

friz898

All this playlist-music // sounds of the show stuff had me doing a bit of research at all the proper forums.

It's a universal thing, and while I'm a huge die-hard buy-it-every-year-sucker for this series.

Here is the growing list of errors/issues before it has even been a full 24 hours:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports

When you field a ball and throw it to a base, you don't just throw it anymore, you aim at a bullseye.

That's a new feature that can be turned off. They had some people complain that fielding was too straightforward with just hitting a face button, so they added the aiming element. It's whatever. I'll definitely be turning it off for our online league, and probably for single player games as well.

Excited about opening this up when I get home from work!

friz898

I'm going to have to turn up the hitting difficulty. That's the first time I've hit one out of PNC Park, completely out of the park that is, with a normal swing.

v1lla21

Diamond Dynasty was fine last year but sometimes just trying to play regular matches online with friends was a pain in the ass.

Looking forward to spending 100+ dollars on DD. Good thing they added the ability to play DD with friends this year.

sqwarlock

Skipped 15 cause I didn't play 14 too much. May pick this up depending on RTTS impressions. Hoping for a faster, more streamlined experience there.

friz898

Skipped 15 cause I didn't play 14 too much. May pick this up depending on RTTS impressions. Hoping for a faster, more streamlined experience there.

As I posted earlier in the other thread...

they cannot make it any faster at this point. You have to see it to believe it.

Possibly the best improvement this year.

GravyButt

Totally new to DD and noticed a few player cards I got in packs had two rating numbers. Some with a green arrow up and a red arrow down. Wondering what causes the stat change? I believe one was almost an 8 point swing from an 88 to an 80. Like I said totally new so im not really sure? Seems similar to madden ultimate team which I finally played for the first time this year after my buddy finally convinced me and I totally fell in love. Hopefully will be the same. Thanks!

It'll definitely be fun to play as the Blue Jays this year.

They couldn't have picked a better cover star. I just wish that Canada wouldn't have bothered with the red jersey cover, and that the regular one would have been standard.

styl3s

I asked in the other thread but never got a answer maybe someone here can help me.

Should i start the game by forcing myself to learn analog hitting? I hear it's better and if so do i go full analog? flick/analog?

I asked in the other thread but never got a answer maybe someone here can help me.

Should i start the game by forcing myself to learn analog hitting? I hear it's better and if so do i go full analog? flick/analog?

Go with flick. Up is a normal swing, left and right is contact, and down and up is a power swing.

Analog hitting is the way to go. Oh, and turn off guess pitch completely.

Analog hitting is the way to go. Oh, and turn off guess pitch completely.

This is the year I'm going to force myself to learn analog. Last year I went directional for the first few months, then got super lazy and went pure stick swinging. I love the simplicity of it, but the trade off is timing gets trickier to get a "good" hit and you have almost no control over location. All my hits end up going to the same three or four locations.

Analog seems to be the choice in terms of driving the ball to the gaps, lifting the ball for sacrifice flies, and generally having more control over the at bat. With the other options, I felt like I was just banking on pure luck other than getting my timing down.

Guys let me know if the graphics and in between plays stuff has improved, otherwise im skipping for the first time ever. I was a little disappointed last year.

Top Bottom