• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP The Wolf Among us is sooo good!

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Ending question:
that was Nerissa pretending to be Faith at the beginning of the game, right, and not Faith glamoured as Nerissa throughout the entire game?

Two possibilities - One is what you said.

The other possibility -
The Faith we meet in the beginning of the game is the actual Faith. She tries to gain leverage against the crooked man's allies by accessing the photos. The real Nerissa panics and tells Georgie. Faith realizes it is not going to end well for her decides to glamour Nerissa up as Faith and herself as Narissa and gets Nerissa killed. She then uses Nerissa's head ( still looks like Faith ) to get Bigby involved and destroy this racket

The second possibility is more likely although it does seems more disturbing :) What convinced me that the second possibility is the true ending is that
even in the ending the game clearly emphasizes that Faith was extermely capable of disguising herself

KiraXD

Oh TTG engines are absolute dog shit... ill never understand why they get nominated for developer of the year for their games. Animation is terrible, lip syncing is awful... The only thing theyre good at is story, and art direction. You would think they would improve facial animation and lip syncing for CHARACTER EMOTION DRIVEN GAMES.... but sadly... they just want to pump out choose-your-own-adventure one after another.

It's a pretty good game. Was hoping for something a bit less like The Walking Dead and more puzzles. Still not even close to the quality of their Sam & Max games or Tales of Monkey Island in my opinion.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I started playing it today and had a lot of fun with Episode 1. This engine needs to die in a fire though. Have they released one game on it that actually ran decently because from a technical standpoint this game is a bit of a nightmare at times?

I think their next game is using a new engine.

Two possibilities - One is what you said.

The other possibility -
The Faith we meet in the beginning of the game is the actual Faith. She tries to gain leverage against the crooked man's allies by accessing the photos. The real Nerissa panics and tells Georgie. Faith realizes it is not going to end well for her decides to glamour Nerissa up as Faith and herself as Narissa and gets Nerissa killed. She then uses Nerissa's head ( still looks like Faith ) to get Bigby involved and destroy this racket

The second possibility is more likely although it does seems more disturbing :) What convinced me that the second possibility is the true ending is that
even in the ending the game clearly emphasizes that Faith was extermely capable of disguising herself

The second possibility is the only correct one, this seems to be reinforced by a small clue in the first episode.
If you ask the magic mirror to show you Faith he tells you, "my lips are sealed." This of course makes no sense since Faith should be dead and the ribbon removed from her neck, the fact that he says this means that she is alive and the ribbon is still around her neck.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
The second possibility is the only correct one, this seems to be reinforced by a small clue in the first episode.
If you ask the magic mirror to show you Faith he tells you, "my lips are sealed." This of course makes no sense since Faith should be dead and the ribbon removed from her neck, the fact that he says this means that she is alive and the ribbon is still around her neck.

Intersting! Now that you mention it yeah that makes total sense. Lol
Faith is fked up then

So this is will be another D4 for me? Not again...!
I'm finishing downloading it. So hyped, so curious to finally see what it's like. You guys have convinced me.

GVA1987

Currently halfway through Episode 1. Omg this game is amazing. A lot less depressing than TWD which is a plus haha

It is good. But, oh so good? I wouldn't go that far. I wish I liked it as much as a lot of Gaffers do.

It started off really well, but had some pacing issues and was a bit too slow in-between the opening and ending.

TheYanger

Currently halfway through Episode 1. Omg this game is amazing. A lot less depressing than TWD which is a plus haha

This game can be pretty dark too, don't worry :p

It was a very good game though. Some parts in the late/mid I thought were quite weak, but the first 2 episodes and the ending are really strong.

just started this a few days ago and really enjoying it so far

just got to chapter 4, can't wait to wrap i up

OP make sure you read the first big Fables arc (1-75)* now because it is amazing

* this is volumes 1-11 of the graphic novels. you can find digital copies really cheap if you want to read them on your tablet. it is a MUST READ.

tumblr_lo6n5paRTC1qabkrxo1_500.png

The comics are so much better than the game. I'm a huge Fables fan and I didn't like the game. It lacks the quirky humor and charisma from the graphic novels. And of course the amazing artwork

TheYanger

The perfect example of the type of stuff you witness in TT's bugged engine.

er...isn't it something someone else did by modifying something though? iirc that wasn't a glitch at all, and no, that's not something I've EVER seen in a telltale engine game. Their engine is known for bullshit like stuttering.

GRaider81

Really loved this game but it was also the last time I touched a TT game with that horrendous engine.

Just aint worth it.

KiraXD

er...isn't it something someone else did by modifying something though? iirc that wasn't a glitch at all, and no, that's not something I've EVER seen in a telltale engine game.

yeah just a swapped animation set someone did.

Their engine is known for bullshit like stuttering.

yup exactly... stuttering, terrible animation/lip syncing framerate and vsync problems.

Like i said... they have great writing (most of the time) and art direction (TWAU is their best imo, the style feels straight up comic book)

But their gameplay (simplistic controls and lack of pretty much any gameplay,) animations, and technical issues are the worst.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just finished this up

god damn that was good

what a crime we'll never get season 2 of this or Tales From the Borderlands

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This was really enjoyable but the glitches were stupid. So many times it told me there were no choices available.

Had that once as well, luckily it fixed itself after a restart.

thatJohann

Trying to play this on my iPhone 6S Plus but it's so buggy. When I try to tap on action buttons they just disappear and I can't chose actions. Major bug can't believe it's out like that. It only registers my selections 2 out of 10 times so I can't really play it because I can't interact with more than half of the elements. :(

This is the last game I enjoyed from Telltale (I'm tired of their schtick by now. They never change it even slightly between games, no matter the story genre).

It also got me into reading Fables from beginning to end, and I can't recommend it enough. If you think Game of Thrones is bleak with its character deaths, just wait until you read this thing.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Played through it on Xbox 360 back then and downloaded it on Xbox One when it was free with gwg. Replayed it just now and I'm still loving it. I wish there would be a season 2.

Top Bottom