• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Dark Souls III & Uncharted 4 what are your most looked forward to for 2016?

Besides Dark Souls 3, my most anticipated games for 2016 are all strategy games.

Stellaris - 4x/grand strategy
Hearts of Iron IV - grand strategy
Cossacks 3 - large scale real time strategy
Oriental Empires - 4x in ancient China
Endless Space 2 - 4x

Two of them are by the same devs Paradox dev studios, Stellaris and Hearts of Iron.

Stellaris is definitely my #1 most anticipated game of all in 2016. I'm excited for stuff like Doom and Mafia too but I put so much time into strategies that I follow their development closely so I'm in much more anticipation naturally.

I'm in no way excited for Dark Souls III and Uncharted 4, but I'm looking forward to Zelda and No Man's Sky. Actually hoping for a home console Animal Crossing but that'll be too good to be true I guess.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I've been waiting way too long and DICE looks like they're giving it justice. I'm honestly more excited for that then Dark Souls 3 and I'm on a FromSoft high right now, the only other contender would be The Last Guardian.

Also, Ratchet and Clank and Doom (expecially after the beta) are up there.

Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Gears of War 4
Deus Ex
Cuphead
Mirrors Edge
Dishonored 2

That's my Magnificent Seven in no particular order although I probably would have Sea of Thieves at the top.

HYDE

Banned
This year gon' be good.

^^
I also hope it is released on both, maybe. As long as it doesn't interfere with us getting an outstanding game graphically. I want Nintendo to step it up with NX! Artstyle is definitely helping out this title.

Man...and E3 hasn't even hit yet. I imagine 2017 is going to be insane as well.

Euron

If it releases this year then Titanfall 2. The first was an excellent foundation and the team at Respawn made two of my favorite shooter campaigns last gen. Will most likely end up being the best shooter this gen.

Zelda is also up there but despite how much j loved ALBW, I'm worried about the open world. It might make things way too repetitive. Or it could end up being one of the best open world games ever. *shrugs*

HonMirin

-TLC
-Horizon: Zero Dawn
-Ratchet and Clank
-Ni Oh 2
-Nier
-Gravity Rush 2

And especially PSVR

*ahem*

Summer Lesson GET!!!

GOTY 2016 will release in August.

ru8BO12.gif

TokiDoki

Still alot . In no order

Persona 5
Ni-Oh
Overwatch
Nier Automata
Final fantasy XV
Horizon
Dishonored 2

Provided some of the titles actually coming out in 2016

The Last Guardian tops all for me, even Uncharted 4. I want to and am fully prepared to shed floods of tears at the inevitable demise of cat dog bird creature.

boynl

Banned
FF15 and Nier 2 and Nioh and Zelda on the Nx hopefully and Persona 5 and Deus Ex and World of Final Fantasy( if they all come in 2016 ofc) and prob some more

Espada

I have 3 titles I'm dying to play in 2016. One of them, Ratchet and Clank, is releasing very soon. The other two are Persona 5 and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I will FLIP if P5 gets another goddamn delay. We've been waiting ages for that game. Horizon: Zero Dawn has gotten me excited for an open world game, that's saying something. It could drop off this list should the game slip into 2017 or just be an outright stinker once more is shown.

Things like Nioh, Kirby Planet Robobot, Pokemon Sun, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, and Nier Automata are some others I'm looking forward to. I'd add Ace Combat 7, but I doubt that's 2016.

JarrodL

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is the only thing I'm excited for enough to start playing at (or soon after) release this year.

Also looking forward to Persona 5, but I still have to play through the rest of the series first and that's just not happening in 2016. Unless I give up sleep and stuff.

oceanskie

Banned
In order of release window:

Hearthstone: Whisper of the Old Gods

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

World of Warcraft: Legion

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Battlefield 5

Hitman: the Non-Episodic Game

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Persona 5

Nier Automata

Toukiden 2

Horizon

TLG

Ni Oh

Dishonored 2

Mankind Divided

There's far more, but, who could type all that out?

Nier
Grand Kingdom
Star Ocean 5
Toukiden 2
Gundam SD
Deus Ex
RotK 13
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon
I am Setsuna
Monster Hunter Generations
Ni-Oh
Persona 5
SaGA
That FF chibi game
KOF15
The Tomorrow Children

Fuck my wallet hurts

mrmickfran

Other than Zelda:

Final Fantasy XV
Nier Automata
Zero Escape 3
Persona 5
Ace Attorney 6
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone

jrush64

Banned
Way to assume that everyone is anticipating Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4. Not interested in Dark Souls 3 in the slightest bit.

Anyway, Zelda Wii U, Final Fantasy XV, Deus Ex and Persona 5.

wrog

Not interested in Dark Souls 3 and already completed Quantum Break so now I'm looking forward to:
- Gears of War 4 beta
- Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Top Bottom