• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Dark Souls III & Uncharted 4 what are your most looked forward to for 2016?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Not a Dark Souls fan, so skipping that.

I'm looking forward to Uncharted. Also Power Drift on my 3DS. And hopefully Crackdown.

GRaider81

Looking forward to Dark souls 3, not too bothered about UC4 will buy when cheap. Game that I'm most looking forward to though is Stelaris. It just looks outstanding.

Will keep an eye on Warhammer too

SenkiDala

Well, a lot of games!

- Persona 5 (hope to see it in 2016 in EU or I might go import)
- FFXV
- Ni Oh
- Gravity Rush 2
- Horizon (even if I doubt it'll come out this year)
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided
- Zelda NX (if the console comes out this year)
- The Last Guardian
- Star Ocean

lawtowler

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Final Fantasy XV
No Man's Sky
The Last Guardian
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Although Uncharted 4 holds my biggest hype for 2016

Most? Persona 5, but this year has the potential to be a huge year for games There's so much to look forward to playing. Some of the lists people are posting are not only amazing, but could actually happen.

sublimit

Banned
Way too many...(and i don't care about Uncharted 4,i may buy it 3-4 years later on)

Valkyria Chronicles HD PS4
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Star Ocean 5
Nier Automata
Nioh
The Last Guardian (lol)
Gravity Rush 2
Toukiden 2
FFXV
World of FF
SAO Hollow Realization
Persona 5
Zelda U
God Eater Ressurection
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Wild
Yooka-Laylee
Persona 5
I am Setsuna
Abzu
No Man's Sky

These are just the first that come to mind,there are lots more that i don't remember right now (especially for Vita)

DKHF

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
The Legend of Zelda (NX version)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (mainly for 0.2 BBS)
Gravity Rush 2
Nier: Automata
Ni-Oh

Melchiah

Alienation, Doom, Shadow of the Beast, What Remains of Edith Finch, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian.

Mass Effect: Andromeda and Redout, if 2017 is included, and God of War 4, Detroit: Become Human, and The Sinking City of those with TBA release dates.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just Zelda. I haven't really been as involved with new releases as I used to be. I buy/play whatever interests me regardless of age.

Considering the price of new games, I'm fine with waiting.

Edit: I lied. I'm excited about Doom as well.

Thoraxes

Honestly just Trails of Cold Steel II, Persona 5, Zero Time Dilemma, and Dragon Quest VII for me.

If SMT IV Final, Dragon Quest XI, or Ace Attorney 6 manage to make it out this year, put them on the list too!

Overwatch will be a good game to go back to constantly too, just for some matches here and there after I get past the initial binge from playing with friends.

Rob2K19

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
The Legend of Zelda (NX version)
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (mainly for 0.2 BBS)
Gravity Rush 2
Nier: Automata
Ni-Oh

And I was just going to say "I'm disappointed I went through 5 pages and did not see 2.8." lol
0.2 BBS is also my main reason.

Sweet! You also saved me time from adding games since I have that same list as well(Except for Legend of Zelda).

Other games:

Azure Striker Gunvolt
Star Ocean 5
Odin Sphere
Grand Kingdom
God Eater
Persona 5
No mans sky

That's just off the top of my head.

delSai

There's way too much good stuff comin' this year. Horizon, Persona 5, KOF14, Ni-Oh, Alienation... i'll definitely have enough to play lol.

-NeoTB1-

I don't care about Dark Souls III, but I will definitely get Uncharted. There are tons of exciting games (to me) left this year to get excited about:

-Persona 5
-Trails of Cold Steel II
-Horizon
-No Man's Sky
-Grand Kingdom
-FFXV
-World of Warcraft: Legion (ok so it's just en xpac, but still...)
-Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
-Dishonored II
-Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

-Nier: Automata (2017?)
-DQ 7/8 3DS (2017?)

Just off the top of my head. I'm sure E3 will draw my interest in even more titles. Still waiting for the Nintendo NX reveal, of course. Very interested to see what they have cooking.

Zyrox

Persona 5
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Final Fantasy XV
Zero Time Dilemma
Zelda
(Not sure if these are 2016 but I'll list them anyway):
Tekken 7
Blazblue Central Fiction

Just off the top of my head. Probably more I'm forgetting. Also still hsve catching up to do as I'm just gonna get my PS4 soon.

CHC

Witcher III Blood and Wine DLC: certainly been waiting long enough for this one.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: what happened here? Haven't heard a word about it since the delay.

No Man's Sky: cautiously optimistic.

Lord Phol

• VR - Thought that might be 2017 for me (hope to at least test it this year).
  • Overwatch
There are other games I'm interested in as well like WoW: Legion and Ni-Oh but I'm not super hyped or anything about them. I got a big backlog though so there's plenty of me to play.

Mogwai

I'm genuinely interested in how ME Catalyst turns out.

No Man's Sky will be interesting if it turns out good. I'm still not convinced that it's going to be anything special.

Zero escape 3 is actually above both right now but will be released after so I guess that's the answer for me. Persona 5 would qualify if it ever gets a confirmed release date.

Ganondolf

Zelda & Dishonored 2

although I'm expecting a lot of games to be shown at e3 at released before year end.

Also NX launch titles

varkuriru

Yep, Zero Escape 3 is at the top of every other game. After that is finished and the sense of emptiness is gone; then probably it will be Persona 5 unless Witcher Blood & Wine releases by that time.

KeRaSh

FFXV
Persona 5
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Zelda NX
PSVR
Horizon
No Man's Sky
Star Ocean 5

There are probably more but these are just off the top of my head.

Gears 4 and FFXV will both be day one purchases. I think that's it. Andromeda too if that releases this year. Dark Souls 3 will keep me entertained for a good while.

Jimm

Well, a lot of games!

- Persona 5 (hope to see it in 2016 in EU or I might go import)
- FFXV
- Ni Oh
- Gravity Rush 2
- Horizon (even if I doubt it'll come out this year)
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided
- Zelda NX (if the console comes out this year)
- The Last Guardian
- Star Ocean

This is exactly my list, as well as Fire Emblem Fates.. damn Australia and its late May release date.

ys45

There is way too much games I'm looking forward to in 2016 :

No particular order

No Man Sky
Dragon Quest VII
Legend of Heroes ToC 2
Grand Kingdom
Atelier Sophie
Persona 5
Star Ocean 5
I am Setsuna

There is more but these one are my most anticipated titles this year.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Been playing DS3 for the past 2 weeks, and I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex Mankind Divided. HR was a massive surprise for me, I didn't expect it to be that good. I feel like they are going to knock it out of the park with Mankind Divided.

Top Bottom