• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Zelda coming to both Wii U + NX, choose between male/female link, VA for NPCs

Who would you like to be the female character option in Zelda U?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nibel

z2dHy2l.png

via Emily Rogers

Update

Nintendo World Report's Neal Ronaghan says he heard similar stuff from multiple sources. It might be worth mentioning in the OP.

https://twitter.com/nron10/status/718440249882386433

https://twitter.com/nron10/status/718448543833296896

Neol

I would say its coming to NX was inevitable.

Not sure how I feel about the characters having VA's but as long as Link is silent I think it'll work out.

These three rumors are exactly what most people were asking to see from Zelda. It's so great to see Red and White Nintendo is back and they listen to fans!

Please now show me the game!

Razzorn34

After the whole NX controller thing, I don't believe jack. I need more proof than this.

Yes, I know who she is, but words aren't enough.

#1 lol who didn't think this would release on NX? waste all that overworld and time for a wii u title?

#2 an ex of mine wanted the main character to at least be female or have an option so thats good to have

#3 voice acting should have been standard for NPCs, they can only have so many lines, its about time

bring on E3

mrmickfran

VAs for NPCs are fine just as long as Link doesn't speak.

The only problem now is there will probably be a bigger gap in between the Japanese and Western release.

studyguy

Female Link will end up more popular, end up its own deal down the road. I can see it now. Also weird fanfic spinning out of this forever.

VelocityXCI

Neo Member
I can get on board with the voice acting if it's good and can be turned off but choosing between male and female I don't like. That's not because I have anything against the character being a girl but it needs to be either or and not a choice.

Ydelnae

The only surprising bit is that you can choose between male and female Link, voice acting and NX version were a given imo. And taking a look at Nintendo's latest efforts to offer both male and female representation, this isn't that shocking, neither.

Top Bottom