• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Bio Terror announced (VR game for Dubai)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
bioterror.jpg

At a film and comic book convention in Dubai, Resident Evil: Bio Terror was revealed, marking the series’ first official foray into VR gaming. But before you get all excited, it’s worth noting that said game will only be available for people that visit Hub Zero–an entertainment park in Dubai that has partnered with several video game publishers.

Resident Evil: Bio Terror will play in a style closer to House of the Dead than the Chronicles games. And, judging by the game’s title card (pictured above), it looks like we’re going to be dealing with a lot of lickers! Stay tuned for more information as it surfaces.
Source: http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/resident-evil-vr-game-has-been-announced/

On-Rail Shooter VR game for Resident Evil that will currently only be available in Dubai (but could spread as some things of this sort has before). In Capcom's last report, they said they were looking more into VR and hinted at something Resident Evil related, and this seems to be it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This will stay in Dubai like Resident Evil 4 stayed on the GameCube.

It might pop up somewhere eventually, especially with VR rolling in right now. Outside of the announcement, the description of being an on-rail shooter game, VR focused, and I guess Lickers playing some role since they're in the title card, see what comes of this. I expect it might be a short little thing, kind of like that Kitchen game that Capcom's been demo-ing at places. Though since Capcom seems to be doing odd, obtuse VR things right now they're not publicly releasing, I wonder if they'll form enough of these they can release a collection of them, or are using these as practice to make some bigger VR game. Or we might see it pop up somewhere eventually.

Hasney

Hey, if that means we get home versions of Ride The Comix and Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, I'm interested!

I think they mean the country, not coming to home consoles. At least, I assume so.

EDIT: Actually, even then it might stay in Dubai. Sounds like that company has bought the rights to make a game and Capcom has no involvement other than taking the cash. Hub Zero doesn't move their shit out of their park.

butman

You see? That's the kind of games VR will get, exclusives VRish spinoff with a big franchise name on it. Just like mobile.

Good luck getting a main series game like Resident Evil 8, Dragon's Dogma 2, Devil May Cry 6 and so on.

As a gimmick was born, as a gimmick will die.

You see? That's the kind of games VR will get, exclusives VRish spinoff with a big franchise name on it. Just like mobile.

Good luck getting a main series game like Resident Evil 8, Dragon's Dogma 2, Devil May Cry 6 and so on.

As a gimmick was born, as a gimmick will die.

Joke post?

mclem

I think they mean the country, not coming to home consoles. At least, I assume so.

EDIT: Actually, even then it might stay in Dubai. Sounds like that company has bought the rights to make a game and Capcom has no involvement other than taking the cash. Hub Zero doesn't move their shit out of their park.

That was my point; Ride the Comix and Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride were two other theme park VR experiences, and if the person I'm replying to is right to suggest that this might end up in the home, it's concievable that Disney may consider monetising those, too.

Or at least some third party could knock together a clone!

Manu

Guys, Resident Evil: Bio Terror is just the western name.

In Japan it's called Biohazard: Resident Terror.

Top Bottom