• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

charlequin
is not aware of current grape prices
(09-22-2006, 06:57 PM)

Originally Posted by -jinx-

The "Defense Force" avatars make it really easy to pick out targets!

When we had Darien or whoever asking for a SDF tag that was already pretty sad. Now the avatars make it easy for anyone to tag themselves. Like Dragona said, it's not something to be proud of. :-(
Soneet
(09-22-2006, 06:59 PM)
I approve of this thread. I didn't become a member (after lurking for years) just to see this place turn into GameFAQs 2.0.

Maybe change the registration process back to how it use to be. Register, wait a year, get approved, then never get the password. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that though, it happened to my previous registration anyway o_o
f_elz
(09-22-2006, 07:01 PM)
its just trolls on all sides are ****ing the forum over
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(09-22-2006, 07:23 PM)
First blood!
Dante
(09-22-2006, 07:27 PM)
Even though I'd prob be in danger as well, this is a very good thing and needs to be done :)
Joe Molotov
(09-22-2006, 07:41 PM)
Let this day be forever remembered as the NeoGAF Black Friday Massacre.
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(09-22-2006, 07:47 PM)
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(09-22-2006, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Let this day be forever remembered as the NeoGAF Black Friday Massacre.

Is it really all that black when the banned are people that deserve it?
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(09-22-2006, 07:52 PM)
Methinks that several junior members aren't even paying attention to this thread after seeing some of the recent posts in other threads...let's start seeing some heads roll. :D
Mojovonio
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:52 PM)
I agree with the DF avatars, they cause too much animosity. I think i'm just going to browse the OT forum this weekend till all this settles down.

You have the posters who want everyone to beleive that sony's appearence was enought o destroy japan, ala godzilla

you have the posters who think Sony is doomed and will fail

Then you have the rational posters who see Sony and MS' faults but just want to discuss the god damn games without having to sift through countless posts of SDFvsXDF shit!
Mojovonio
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:53 PM)
Also mods, could we have one single sticky thread where all console war discussions will be held, at least until this all settles down. I really want that shit kept out of the game threads.
MMaRsu
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:55 PM)
Great :)
Tarazet
(09-22-2006, 07:56 PM)
APPROVED.

*stamps a dragon watermark on the thread*
K_S
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:57 PM)
Sorry if anyone thought I was acting a bit crazy yesterday :lol

It was a very crazy night after all
ElectricBlue187
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Mojovonio

Also mods, could we have one single sticky thread where all console war discussions will be held, at least until this all settles down. I really want that shit kept out of the game threads.

OR you can just ban them outright for trolling and delete their posts...
PistolGrip
sex vacation in Guam
(09-22-2006, 07:58 PM)
why don you have a list of shame or something.

<--- Some juniors make great contributions. Plus I have been reading neoGaf for ages just that I only recently (few weeks) decided to get off my lazy ass and actually register.

:D
Mojovonio
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:58 PM)

Originally Posted by ElectricBlue187

OR you can just ban them outright for trolling and delete their posts...

It'd be easier to let them bitch in one area than having to moderate hundereds of threads.

Put the word out that any console bashing outside of the one thread will be punished by a ban.
Zaptruder
Banned
(09-22-2006, 07:59 PM)

Originally Posted by -jinx-

The "Defense Force" avatars make it really easy to pick out targets!

wait a minute. defense force aren't the ones trolling stuff from what I can tell! :p
m0dus
(09-22-2006, 08:00 PM)
That's another point--can we get rid of this smiley:

Seriously, it looks like someone grinning with a stick up their ass.
Mojovonio
Banned

Originally Posted by Zaptruder

wait a minute. defense force aren't the ones trolling stuff from what I can tell! :p

Oh, yes they really are.
ElectricBlue187
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojovonio

It'd be easier to let them bitch in one area than having to moderate hundereds of threads.

Put the word out that any console bashing outside of the one thread will be punished by a ban.

but then they just slow down the server with their idiocy. Make the thread "CONSOLE WAR" and ban people as they post in it. :D
Nameless
(09-22-2006, 08:02 PM)
My Advice to Junior Members:

listen to Sam and you'll be ok..
Mojovonio
Banned
(09-22-2006, 08:02 PM)

Originally Posted by ElectricBlue187

but then they just slow down the server with their idiocy. Make the thread "CONSOLE WAR" and ban people as they post in it. :D

ha ha ha. That may just work.
RumFore
Banned
(09-22-2006, 08:04 PM)
How about not allowing anymore registrations? Close the forum and delete all junior members so the forum is free of them so non-junior members can post with delight and have a grown up conversation. Open in back in a couple years when the junior members are grown and problem is solved.

To be honest I really dont see why there are even labels like "Junior Member"where your basically forceing them to spam if you want them to get rid of that childish tag. Its as if you know or care less about gaming. I hated it because you actually had some that acted as if they were better than you.:lol
mr jones
Ethnicity is not a race!
(09-22-2006, 08:07 PM)
Hey, why does it hafta be a black Friday Massacre?

I swear, its like the man just has it in fo' me, dawg.

*grumble* THIS is what I get for bein' the voice of some emo white boy with the force who's daddy didn't smack him around enough when he was a kid...*grumble*
xaosslug
(09-22-2006, 08:08 PM)
\(^-^)/
Kung Fu Jedi
(09-22-2006, 08:10 PM)
While the Juniors have been up to the task of trolling of late, their is plenty of idiocy to go around amongst the "senior" members as well.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(09-22-2006, 08:10 PM)
I'm watching all of you! ALL OF YOU!
PepsimanVsJoe
(09-22-2006, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

How about not allowing anymore registrations? Close the forum and delete all junior members so the forum is free of them so non-junior members can post with delight and have a grown up conversation. Open in back in a couple years when the junior members are grown and problem is solved.

To be honest I really dont see why there are even labels like "Junior Member"where your basically forceing them to spam if you want them to get rid of that childish tag. Its as if you know or care less about gaming. I hated it because you actually had some that acted as if they were better than you.:lol

Bad idea? yes
Terrible idea? oh most definitely

Nobody is being forced to spam. You come in, you post in some threads, keep your shit together, don't say a bunch of ridiculous crap, and eventually you're in. The people that are junior members for more than a month tend to play more games anyway. :)

Also kicking out all of the junior members is idiotic since hey we were all junior members at one point. All it would create is a bunch of negative backlash when said juniors go to other forums and talk about how GAF is a full of "elitist pricks" (if they aren't already that is).
Dalauz
(09-22-2006, 08:12 PM)
i did nothing!
CajoleJuice
(09-22-2006, 08:13 PM)
I love the smell of bannage in the morning.
VictimOfGrief
Banned
(09-22-2006, 08:14 PM)

Originally Posted by EviLore

I won't hesitate to ban 100 juniors today if that's what it takes to contain the bullshit, since it seems the majority of the trolling, thread derailing, and general stupidity is stemming from you folks.

Obviously we're still looking at the regular folks too.

kk, thanks, have fun, post intelligently.

Good call EviLore, good call.
mr jones
Ethnicity is not a race!
(09-22-2006, 08:15 PM)

Originally Posted by PepsimanVsJoe

Bad idea? yes
Terrible idea? oh most definitely

Nobody is being forced to spam. You come in, you post in some threads, keep your shit together, don't say a bunch of ridiculous crap, and eventually you're in. The people that are junior members for more than a month tend to play more games anyway. :)

Also kicking out all of the junior members is idiotic since hey we were all junior members at one point. All it would create is a bunch of negative backlash when said juniors go to other forums and talk about how GAF is a full of "elitist pricks" (if they aren't already that is).

I would say that I AM an elitist prick, but I can't be bothered to reply to your ilk.

Wait I just did. Damn.
Valtox
(09-22-2006, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by radioheadrule83

Is the warning system still enabled?

Could be interesting to maybe turn a few green icons blue and red... let some people know they're on thin ice.

the red icon next to someone's avatar?
what does blue means?
mre
Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
(09-22-2006, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Nameless

My Advice to Junior Members:

listen to Sam and you'll be ok..

Holy crap. Thanks to you I know have to clean Sunkist off of my 6 month old daughter. :lol
PistolGrip
sex vacation in Guam
(09-22-2006, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by RumpledForeskin

Yeah agree, Some people here assume Junior to neoGAF means junior to games and online discussion which is moronic. My comments are always in question (actually everyone's comments are questioned here :) ) and everyone tries to take a stab at me not for my post, oh no, but just for that damn junior sign hanging right under my name. It's so demeaning.
Ghost
Chili Con Carnage!
(09-22-2006, 08:43 PM)
Seriously, its about ****ing time, this place has seriously gone down the tubes, every 360 or PS3 thread turns into a lame e-penis measuring contest, endless discussions about ****ing CABLES, every Wii thread features some retard saying 'THESE GUYZ R RLY PUSHING THE N64 lol'...just every bad aspect of this forum has been amplified 100 times over the last two or three months.

3 things i want to see happen:

1 Lock and thread that becomes a he said/she said, one person posts one interview, one posts another with some different wording, queue 15 page thread on semantics.

2. Ban the term 'defense force' ffs dont give these idiots a title for being mentally retentive assholes determind to prove their opinion is law.

3. Lock speculation threads that begin with the words "DO YOU THINK THAT..."

You used to get banned for sneasing round here, i MISS THOSE DAYS.
Dragona Akehi
Retired
(09-22-2006, 08:47 PM)
Apparently my warning earlier wasn't enough...
PistolGrip
sex vacation in Guam
(09-22-2006, 08:47 PM)
wait I just turned member today!!!!

Ban all those junior punks

I'm an elitist now.
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(09-22-2006, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by TheProfessor

I'm an elitist now.

Translation: I padded my post count, ban me plz! :D
Joeroll
(09-22-2006, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Jeff-DSA

I'm still sick of seeing the following:

IAWTP (followed by nothing else)
QFT (followed by nothing else)
I said "wow." (followed by nothing else)
Posting in a legendary thread. (followed by nothing else)
Xbox 1.5 (followed by nothing else)
GameCube 1.5 (followed by nothing else)
4D (followed by nothing else)

The +1 posts are really irritating in these threads where you're really trying to get info out of them or trying to follow the conversation. They muck up everything and are just stupid.

Why isn't this man running things? That kind of crap is so annoying. ..........I dont even know what IAWTP means but I hate it!
Cosmozone
(09-22-2006, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by EviLore

kk, thanks, have fun, post intelligently.

I only hope that certain individuals aren't encouraged by this to post "intelligent" jokes at the expense of someone or something.

Good plan, although I'm not that optimistic it'll work out in the very end.
Joe Molotov
(09-22-2006, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Shard

Is it really all that black when the banned are people that deserve it?

I guess it's more like Judgement Day really. It's only a bad thing if you're one of the ones going to hell.
GotchaForce
(09-22-2006, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by mre

Holy crap. Thanks to you I know have to clean Sunkist off of my 6 month old daughter. :lol

This thread has been worth it if only for this:lol
Boerseun
Banned
(09-22-2006, 09:11 PM)
This afternoon I picked up Quake 2 for the N64. I never realised but it's a totally different game from the PC version!

What . . . thread derailment? What's that?

(Just kidding! :D )
davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks
(09-22-2006, 09:16 PM)

Originally Posted by TheProfessor

I'm an elitist now.

TheProfessor
Banned
(Today, 12:47 PM)

Ikael
(09-22-2006, 09:19 PM)
I think that it would really help to see a FAQ or something about what can get you and what cannot get you banned in GAF, so both juniors and mods acts consequently. I swear that I have been lurking GAF for one year I still haven't understood the criteria used to determine who gets banned and who doesn't. Ad hominem attacks? talking about piracy? admiting comitting piracy? going against a hardcore dogma? attack a specific genre? game? say senseless things? say stupid things? don't back up your affirmations? curse? hentai? try to seduce the mods? I mean, I ahve seen people getting banned by doing these things and people who have done the same things and left unscratched O.o
ronito
Banned
(09-22-2006, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by davepoobond

:lol
For a man with poo in his name, you actually are funny sometimes.
davepoobond
you can't put a price on sparks
(09-22-2006, 09:21 PM)

Originally Posted by ronito

:lol
For a man with poo in his name, you actually are funny sometimes.

GilloD
Banned
(09-22-2006, 09:22 PM)
Can we get a list of the dead at day's end?