• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop: New Console(s) Expected in the Near Future

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My hope is that they are putting console revisions(aka slimline form factors) and 'new consoles' in the same category, i dont like the thought of Sony or MS treating whatever they are doing as a completely new thing

Can you enhance it more and open the reflection on the letter?

Here you go

sega-logo.jpg

Fox Mulder

Slims could count as new consoles too I suppose. I'm fine with the 1.5/4k rumors, but would GameStop really have inside access to this news?

ekim

Just imagine Sony,MS and Nintendo are keeping it quiet until E3 and are announcing a new console at each of their conferences. NeoGAF won't survive

Dynomutt

TurboGrafx Neo

Rights seem to have been sold to Nvidia and will be the new phase of the Shield line...

Full specs are unknown at this point but it is a handheld.

Runs On Android Marshmallow
But it will have a Quad HD AMOLED display
4GB Ram
OctaCore Processor with Nvidia K2 technology
Final Hardware has two versions a tablet and a clam shell build. Final model has not been selected yet.

Keith Courage: Return to the Alpha Zone - FPS / MMO ala Destiny Space Knights.

Bonk: 3D Platformer with couch co-op. Party Mode for 4 players. Being made by industry veterans.

Blazing Lasers Space Sim with street pass/Wifi Direct battles!

Will also be receiving YS RPGs as well but talks are in the infancy stage.

Will be able to run many indies.

I kid but isn't like common sense that "new consoles" are coming? I think when exactly is the question!

imBask

Banned
This was written by someone at Gamestop, but there is not a single mention of pre-ordering the next CoD or getting the Edge Platinum Plus card. This is fake

THE:MILKMAN

Well then these consoles are coming this year then. They wouldn't be gearing up now for a 2017 launch, anyway.

I'm still confused though. They state "new" consoles......surely they wouldn't class slims as new consoles? Did they say the same for PS3/X360 slims?

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like an XB1.5 would be squeezed out of this picture, given Spencer's comments on the idea, and the lack of any big incentive or exclusive software being pushed this holiday. You can say Gears 4, but it's probably coming to PC.

ekim

I feel like an XB1.5 would be squeezed out of this picture, given Spencer's comments on the idea, and the lack of any big incentive or exclusive software being pushed this holiday. You can say Gears 4, but it's probably coming to PC.

Maybe VR is the huge selling point

Realize that retailers know nothing that hasn't been officially announced to the public. They are saying consoles are coming in the near future because most gamers know that new consoles are coming in the near future. Both the announced NX and the rumored PS4.5. And to investors, the next game 18 months counts as "the near future".

AmyS

Realize that retailers know nothing that hasn't been officially announced to the public. They are saying consoles are coming in the near future because most gamers know that new consoles are coming in the near future. Both the announced NX and the rumored PS4.5.

Probably true, but there's this fwiw

GameStop COO, Tony Bartel has commented on the recent rash of rumours about new or upgraded consoles from PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo, saying new hardware launches "seem imminent".
When pressed on whether the comment regarded Nintendo's NX or something else, a GameStop executive said, "as usual, we know more than we can share".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/15/gamestop-executive-thinks-new-console-launches-seem-imminent

Flat out for the record Tony Bartel and Paul Raines know almost more about the industry than anyone in any position in any company. They are briefed by devs, publishers, and console manufactures quite literally years in advance of announcements.

Realize that retailers know nothing that hasn't been officially announced to the public. They are saying consoles are coming in the near future because most gamers know that new consoles are coming in the near future. Both the announced NX and the rumored PS4.5. And to investors, the next game 18 months counts as "the near future".

You're wrong. Retailers are usually privy to this info long before the general public. GameStop, in particular.

To give a very basic example....there's a reason pre-orders for games (and systems like the New 3DS XL) announced in Nintendo Directs go up immediately after they conclude.

ekim

If we really get major upgraded consoles I hope Sony/MS announce them in dedicated events. If they are doing it at E3 I fear a lack of games.

Interesting they put next 2 years specifically. I mean that's essentially them admitting they know the timing for release for these boxes and we are getting some this year and some next.

So what order do they launch folks?

I'm thinking NX first, then Sony, then the next Xbox

ekim

Interesting they put next 2 years specifically. I mean that's essentially them admitting they know the timing for release for these boxes and we are getting some this year and some next.

So what order do they launch folks?

I'm thinking NX first, then Sony, then the next Xbox

I read this as sales from launch to launch+2 years

Edit: see the VR item below.

Or they are talking about X1/PS4

Top Bottom