• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham HD Collection revealed via leak

GavinUK86

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-18-batman-arkham-hd-collection-revealed-via-leak

A Batman Arkham HD Collection has been leaked via a GameStop employee sending pictures of the unannounced anthology to Eurogamer.

As seen in the following picture, Batman Arkham HD Collection contains both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City along with all the DLC for both titles.

What the collection won't include, however, is Batman: Arkham Origins, which was made by Warner Brothers' Montreal studio. The rest of the series was helmed by Rocksteady.

Batman Arkham HD Collection is scheduled for a PS4 and Xbox One release on 10th June with pre-orders going live tomorrow.

KkkOZ2N.jpg

PC ports I assume..no real remaster?

What the collection won't include, however, is Batman: Arkham Origins, which was made by Warner Brothers' Montreal studio. The rest of the series was helmed by Rocksteady.
Well that's dumb.

DKHF

No Origins... I would consider getting this if it was included since that's the only Arkham game I haven't finished.

Interfectum

Has there ever been a game thrown under the bus as much as Origins? Seems like WB trying hard to make us forget it existed... and its one of the best games is the series. o_O

Jeffrey

What is rocksteady's beef with origins?

Only game with a decent story, good boss fights, and dlc that wasn't trash. Was a bit samey after city though.

I actually was thinking while I was playing Arkham Knight that I wanted to play the first two. Guess I'll just get rid of my 360 copy.

It bothers me when people say "HD remaster/collection" for games that are already HD.

Anyway, that's not surprising. There was rumours about it so...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Already HD and nothing really added. And no Origins. I'm fine without em.

brawly

No Origins no buy. That game also had the only DLC worth a damn in the entire series, including Arkham Knight.

mcmudman

Neo Member
It's funny how these are called HD remasters. It's not like the games started off on the wii. Probably going to be just a bump in resolution and textures. I've played the arkham games enough that I wouldn't be that interested in a remaster.

Good they included the two good ones. Origins sucks and was plagued by a lot of issues. It doesn't surprise me WB would want to bury this one under the rug.

Anth0ny

About time.

don't really feel a need to replay these yet, but I'll appreciate this in like 5 years when it's way cheaper.

Heartfyre

Origins was my favourite, so I'm not particularly interested in this. Asylum was great at the time combined with the novelty of being a good Batman game. I found City's attempt at an open world to be disappointing. Overall, I feel no urge to return to them now.

Top Bottom