• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the game. It's not localized in French? That's super weird, as both Dark Souls II and Bloodborne were. Can EuropeGAF tell me if their copy is in French? I'm in Canada.

Okay so Questions:

1. Farron Greatsword or Wolf Knight? And are either of them actually good weapons overall, or will they not beat out normal shit like a good old fashioned claymore?

2. Speaking of Claymore, I was going to dump it for Dark Sword, but two things happened, one the Claymore was buffed, and two I actually got the Dark Sword, realized I have to pump two more dex just to use it and realized I missed having a sheath on my back for aesthetic purposes. So, as for the question, is the Dark Sword really that much better than a Claymore that I should jump to it?

3. Speaking of back sheaths, any other good weapons with a cool sheath? I got the Executioners greatsword, but I'm not sure if it is worth it to upgrade over the Claymore...

4. I just beat the A
byss
W
atchers
. Should I just put the thing on the throne in Firelink immediately? Or is there any reason I should hold off?

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated (all the weapon questions are for PvE only fyi)

1. I've been using the Wolf's Greatsword. It's a good weapon, and there are a couple of bosses who are weak to it supposedly. It's up to you but it's definitely not bad. Farron's is a bit more interesting to me imo though. I'd look up movesets and see if they look appealing.

2. Dark sword is special so I would assume it's base is probably notably better than the claymore. It does require special materials to upgrade though, so it's up to you.

3. For sheathes I like the Irithyll straight sword's sheath. It ices and stuff and looks generally awesome :>

4. It doesn't matter if you do it now or later. Nothing changes from what I've noticed.

Great swords are generally good for sweeping attacks and especially against Dea
cons of the Deep.
Really up to you though, most weapons are viable at least in some sense. Whatever feels the best.

Butcher Knife worth upgrading? Been mainly using a Claymore+3. Too many cool looking weapons. Titanite Shards seem to be everywhere in this game right?

SDCowboy

Ok, maybe I don't fully understand the multiplayer in this. I used the soapstone, put down my marker and helped take out
the Dancer
(a boss I have not beaten), but I didn't seem to get credit for beating her. When it was over, I was warped back and boss was still there.

Manu

Ok, maybe I don't fully understand the multiplayer in this. I used the soapstone, put down my marker and helped take out
the Dancer
(a boss I have not beaten), but I didn't seem to get credit for beating her. When it was over, I was warped back and boss was still there.

Exactly, you only helped the host of that world defeat it. You still need to defeat it on your own world.

the Dancer

When you use the soapstone, you write a message for other players to pick you up and bring you into their world. You have to look for a sign and bring someone to your world to fight the boss. You also have to be embered to see the signs.

III-V

the Dancer

In kindled form, activate someone else's summon sign if you want help beating a boss. This, essentially is what you did for them. The boss is still alive in your world.

the Dancer

Being summoned doesn't affect your game. You can beat a boss as many times as you like if you are summoned, but if you want to coop a boss for your progress you have to summon the other player to your world.

the Dancer

It sounds like someone summoned you to help beat the boss in their world. You need to use an ember and then summon someone to help you beat the boss in your world.

Rocketz

the Dancer

No because your a phantom that can die but the host can continue the fight. You will just return to your world. You need to be the host to get credit. Ember up and summon someone if you want credit.

So much for the new patch fixing frame rate stutter. The dungeon gives me crazy stutter when it's loading.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I just got the game. It's not localized in French? That's super weird, as both Dark Souls II and Bloodborne were. Can EuropeGAF tell me if their copy is in French? I'm in Canada.
NA copy has French on it, when set to French (France).

(not eurogaf but a learner so sometimes I play in French)

SDCowboy

Exactly, you only helped the host of that world defeat it. You still need to defeat it on your own world.

When you use the soapstone, you write a message for other players to pick you up and bring you into their world. You have to look for a sign and bring someone to your world to fight the boss. You also have to be embered to see the signs.

Seems really silly to me. So if I use an ember and summon someone, it counts. If I use the stone and help someone, I don't get credit. Figures when I finally beat the boss with someone, it doesn't count for me. lol

So much for the new patch fixing frame rate stutter. The dungeon gives me crazy stutter when it's loading.

...It was never said it was going to fix that? It was just a patch for balancing some weapons.

Seems really silly to me. So if I use an ember and summon someone, it counts. If I use the stone and help someone, I don't get credit. Figures when I finally beat the boss with someone, it doesn't count for me. lol

Sorry, that's how it works. It's kind of like you going to someone else's world and beating it. The boss is still alive and well in yours :/

Risette

A Good Citizen
How does it not make sense? When summoned you help them defeat the boss in their world as a phantom. The progress in your world is separate.

i jumped straight into this without a shield as a warrior and never looked back. so happy to do that, as i had to shield up for basically the first half of DS2 until my agility was high enough to roll around properly. i'm now two handing a huge machete like a boss. not a fan of the skill though which is just a really short damage buff. thinking of switching to wolf's great sword maybe. wish i could try before buying. is it similar the the other great swords?

SDCowboy

How does it not make sense? When summoned you help them defeat the boss in their world as a phantom. The progress in your world is separate.

It doesn't make sense to me because you're not contributing any more or less whether you summon them or they summon you. It should just count either way, IMO. Oh well, it is what it is.

LowParry

I'm sure this has been said before with older posts and games but this is straight up Castlevania at its finest.

ramyeon

Boss spoiler.

Trying to help people with W[/spoiler]olnir[/spoiler] and the hosts keep
just running into the gas cloud and dying...
lol.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It doesn't make sense to me because you're not contributing any more or less whether you summon them or they summon you. It should just count either way, IMO. Oh well, it is what it is.
When you get summoned you risk nothing. If you die you lose nothing but your time (and whatever items you used and weapon durability), you lose none of your progression through the level or your souls. It's not the same at all.

i need to confirm something to make sure im not going crazy
WTF is this
Lower Anor Londo
?
im pretty sure i explored everywhere and never saw any
salamanders

LiK

those knights guarding
the path to Oceirus
in Lothric Castle are harder than most bosses. I just run away from them. lol

I'm sure this has been said before with older posts and games but this is straight up Castlevania at its finest.

play the Cainhurst area in Bloodborne and you'll wish FROM made the next Castlevania game. Too bad Konami are idiots.

III-V

It makes sense. Think about it this way: at any time in the game (not always), you can go back and help others win the boss battles. It can be a lot of fun, actually. Also you get kindled for your effort, and also it can make covenant progress..

It is also a good way to 'practice on a boss' without having too much risk involved.

WTF is this
Lower Anor Londo
?
salamanders

There is an illusory wall shortly after the
pontiff fight as you make your way past the giants

I love this game, but i suck at it. Probably will end up quitting like with DS1 and BB, but I don't care.
10hours getting my ass kicked feels more satisfying than 10hrs with some other games full campaigns.

SDCowboy

When you get summoned you risk nothing. If you die you lose nothing but your time (and whatever items you used and weapon durability), you lose none of your progression through the level or your souls. It's not the same at all.

I guess I just wish it functioned so it doesn't matter who summons and who is summoned. Make the risk the same. I guess I'm just more irritated that I finally took down a boss I couldn't earlier and it didn't count for me. haha

phierce

WTF is this
Lower Anor Londo
?
salamanders
He's talking about the area
behind the illusory wall, down the long ladder with the 2 alligator/wolf mini bosses where the Aldrich Faithful covenant is

RedSnake

Around 70 hours in (I've played around 50 or so. I don't turn off or leave the session hen doing stuff so i seat on Firelink) Still on NG.
I've maxed out all but 2 covenants without any issue or having to wait more than a minute for a session.

Still ussing Uchi+6 and level 50. 1 optional boss and the last bos to go.

LOVING the game!

One thing about the players that pissed me off:
SPOILERS FOR A LORD OF CINDER BSS FIGHT
So I decided to farm sunlight medal at Yohrm cause easy fight. Well Maybe 8 out of 20+ fights actually had other sunbro's/phantoms ussing the storm ruler. Why help then? Are you going in to "check" the boss or something?
Lame

SDCowboy

It makes sense. Think about it this way: at any time in the game (not always), you can go back and help others win the boss battles. It can be a lot of fun, actually. Also you get kindled for your effort, and also it can make covenant progress..

It is also a good way to 'practice on a boss' without having too much risk involved.

Fair enough. Good points.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I guess I just wish it functioned so it doesn't matter who summons and who is summoned. Make the risk the same. I guess I'm just more irritated that I finally took down a boss I couldn't earlier and it didn't count for me. haha
Well, the best thing about summoning is that you get the most valuable thing in Souls games: experience.

Now you know what to do when facing the boss in your world. It helps a bunch to know what a bosses attacks and tricks are.

Steel

Banned
Mmmm. That new OT smell.

On topic:

My friend and I just introduced his student(middle school) to Dark Souls 3. She normally plays COD, and has no RPG experience. I wonder how this will go.

Manage it get a few friends to play the dark souls series. They never played it before. It's awesome watching them play :3
Edit:
Yeah, I just like talking to you guys :3
And, you know, find school depressing so helping in thread takes my mind off things.

tbf I made it like 30 cause thats what my screen went to roughly, walls of shame are what, 20 norm? Whoops >_>

She drops them on death, think of it like an on off switch
agreed. I tend to check the thread when I have to do school stuff..which could be a bad thing :p

ramyeon

So, Catacombs boss spoiler.

Just helping people with Wolnir and holy shit, I killed him so quick in my game that I never saw him summon that huge ass sword or any skeletons/wheel skeletons.

usp84

One thing about the players that pissed me off:
SPOILERS FOR A LORD OF CINDER BSS FIGHT
So I decided to farm sunlight medal at Yohrm cause easy fight. Well Maybe 8 out of 20+ fights actually had other sunbro's/phantoms ussing the storm ruler. Why help then? Are you going in to "check" the boss or something?
Lame

Wait why are you pissed that they are using it?they are useless otherwise

Oh my god I alt-f4'd right when I bit it last night (more in annoyance than anything else) and I've loaded back up still alive with all my Souls.

Fuck yes oh dark vessels thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom