• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

I don't understand how people can be level 80ish when they see the credits. I'm on my second character and in the Boreal Valley and already SL62. I'm not grinding or anything, I just go through every zone. Even the DSK3 speed runners end the game at level 70+ and they skip everything except bosses.

This brings me to a PvP related question. I hear that the Aldrich Faithful zone is pretty active. What level should I be? I don't wanna miss out on it this time. Should I just stop leveling for now (as said I'm currently SL62)?

Robiin

Shoulda paid the souls to make all NPCs friendly again, man!
Yeah, but I think I'm overlevelled for where I am in the game, would have been soooo expensive :(

Anyway, I'm standing outside this fog gate which I assume is going to be for
Pontiff Sulyvahn
(Area:
Irithyll
) and there are like three summon signs outside. Anri, Gotthard and Londor Dark Shade or something.. Any of those relevant for questlines to continue? I want to solo bosses if I can, but I also want to finish as many questlines as possible.

So far in
Irithyll
I have been quite thourough I think. Found
Anri
by the bonfire,
Siegward
by the Estus Soup, got invaded by two NPCs, unlocked like 50 billion shortcuts (elevators and doors) and found a new area (
Irithyll Dungeon
which looked scary so I turned back...). Loved this area, except for trekking through water, it's sooo slow.

EDIT:
I was like WTF so I tried them on a red eye knight in NG+4 with only 19 str and 18 dex and pummeled him to death. I was baffled so I went fighting the dancer (whom I couldn't beat in this run for some reason) and I was able to beat her in my first try. Holy shit.

You are in NG+4 with only 19/18 STR/DEX?!? Did you stop levelling? I'm like level 60 in NG at Irithyll....

Soulhouf

You are in NG+4 with only 19/18 STR/DEX?!? Did you stop levelling? I'm like level 60 in NG at Irithyll....

Yeah, since I'm playing online and always kindled with this character (or whatever it's called in the English version) I wanted to stay lv75 so that I don't face people with maxed out stats.
It's pretty fun. Most of the phantoms I summon are useless though because they don't expect to find themselves in NG+4 at that level, which is funny.
You would expect I'm swimming in souls right now but that's not the case because I spend them on upgrade materials and other consumable items.

I hated the online aspect of DS2 because I couldn't do that so I'm happy to be back to soul level matchmaking in DS3 :)

It wasn't a real player. Know you can summon an npc moundmaker in at least one spot. He does hit hard as fuck too, I think he 1 shot me from full health on ng+. The same guy will just invade you in the Undead Settlement and hes part of some other characters quest, along with being the person you get into the mound makers from. He gets around.

Yeah that's the same one. He parried me like a bitch :(

Meccs

Yeah, since I'm playing online and always kindled with this character (or whatever it's called in the English version) I wanted to stay lv75 so that I don't face people with maxed out stats.
It's pretty fun. Most of the phantoms I summon are useless though because they don't expect to find themselves in NG+4 at that level, which is funny.
You would expect I'm swimming in souls right now but that's not the case because I spend them on upgrade materials and other consumable items.

I hated the online aspect of DS2 because I couldn't do that so I'm happy to be back to soul level matchmaking in DS3 :)
I'm leveling a second character for that reason (first one is SL120 at NG+). The coop/PvP char will stay at level 80-90 and will also get used for DLC when it comes out. Max weapon upgrade will be +7/8 I think. That should ensure quite a level range for online.

I don't understand how people can be level 80ish when they see the credits. I'm on my second character and in the Boreal Valley and already SL62. I'm not grinding or anything, I just go through every zone. Even the DSK3 speed runners end the game at level 70+ and they skip everything except bosses.

This brings me to a PvP related question. I hear that the Aldrich Faithful zone is pretty active. What level should I be? I don't wanna miss out on it this time. Should I just stop leveling for now (as said I'm currently SL62)?

You're going to find active 1vs1 pvp there up until at least SL 120. At certain times of day there are so many summon signs that you can't see the floor it makes the DkS 2 bridge look like a ghost town. I can't speak much for traditional invasions since I haven't done much since I got to SL 120.

Has anyone give NG++ a try as a sorcery build? I've done pseudo quality build for NG and Faith for NG+. I figured I'd go pure sorcery since I need normally don't run that kind of build, but if sorcery is too rough I can go Dex.

Meccs

You're going to find active 1vs1 pvp there up until at least SL 120. At certain times of day there are so many summon signs that you can't see the floor it makes the DkS 2 bridge look like a ghost town. I can't speak much for traditional invasions since I haven't done much since I got to SL 120.

Has anyone give NG++ a try as a sorcery build? I've done pseudo quality build for NG and Faith for NG+. I figured I'd go pure sorcery since I need normally don't run that kind of build, but if sorcery is too rough I can go Dex.
I meant the auto summoning of the Aldrich the Faithful Covenant. What is the ideal level for that? People say it is very active. I didn't mean the fight club stuff!

For sunbro'ing, what boss do you recommend I place my summon sign at?
Yorhm is kind of the one and only worth people's time.

I meant the auto summoning of the Aldrich the Faithful Covenant. What is the ideal level for that? People say it is very active. I didn't mean the fight club stuff!
I always see an Aldrich Faithful when I invade someone who hasn't cleared the area boss. They're also usually pretty disruptive and attack everyone.

Meccs

Yorhm is kind of the one and only worth people's time.

I always see an Aldrich Faithful when I invade someone who hasn't cleared the area boss. They're also usually pretty disruptive and attack everyone.

Yeah, but what is the ideal level to do the Aldrich Faithful Covenant stuff? Is SL60 alright? Last time I was there I didn't get summoned because I or my weapon was probably too high. I don't wanna miss out on the fun this time around.

Skii

There are a number of important items down there but otherwise, you've seen everything. It should've had another boss, I think. Oh well.

Are those items in the lava? I was too scared to even try and traverse it. Do I need a special ring or is it possible to do it without one?

Kazuhira

Doing a sorcery/dex build and i'm having a lot of fun,my pure str build seems so boring now.
I forgot how awesome the estoc is.

Audioboxer

Might have to ask GAF for help on the Arch
dragon
main boss. SL 91. Summons literally go to "unable to summon" in 0.1 seconds.

Tried it a few times and I keep getting melted, as do summons before me usually. Shit is rough.

Are those items in the lava? I was too scared to even try and traverse it. Do I need a special ring or is it possible to do it without one?

Flesh sweat, or whatever is called is almost essential, it has very low stat requeriments so, everyone can use it. Is a piromancy.

Also rings, yeah, use them.

Echoplx

Just chug estus, I did it without any special gear.

You'll probably die on the way back but you'll keep the items.

pa22word

Flesh sweat, or whatever is called is almost essential, it has very low stat requeriments so, everyone can use it. Is a piromancy.

Seriously, of all the stupid fucking things to bring back from DS2 they bring back lava runs.

Sorry no powerstance for you, you get to run through lava while buffing your ass and praying to survive--only this time there's no lifegems to help you through it, mwahahahahahahahahaha

>___>

Skii

Well I haven't found the orange charred ring so I might've missed that. I'll try out flash sweat and see if I can do it.

Also, there was this item above the
basilisks that seems impossible to get. It's on some ledge. And then there was this other item that was across the drop to all those rats. Couldn't find a way there either. Were those items anything good? Or can I leave them?

jimmyd

Well I haven't found the orange charred ring so I might've missed that. I'll try out flash sweat and see if I can do it.

basilisks that seems impossible to get. It's on some ledge. And then there was this other item that was across the drop to all those rats. Couldn't find a way there either. Were those items anything good? Or can I leave them?

Try looking for
illusionary walls

LiK

There's no DkS3 equivalent of the charred ring from DkS1. I recommend wearing armor with the highest fire resist along with the Flamestone ring and any other rings that up fire resist and use Flash Sweat. Should be enough to keep you alive while chugging Estus. If your Vigor is low, it might be tougher. But you might end up dying after grabbing one item and have to do a runback for the rest.

Hakkuei

I spend most of my souls on titanite and consumables.

Yeah, but what is the ideal level to do the Aldrich Faithful Covenant stuff? Is SL60 alright? Last time I was there I didn't get summoned because I or my weapon was probably too high. I don't wanna miss out on the fun this time around.
SL60 is good. SL45 +6-8 max upgrade would be ideal I'd say.

I'm 65 right now and still get summoned pretty fast.

Lethal

Neo Member
Crap...I may have messed up a quest line and I dont know what I did wrong. Google ain't helping.

I didnt know Anri was an important character. And I cleared the SHIT out of the Cathedral. However, upon doing so, I encountered the respec clan. I did it even though I probably didnt need to. Cos Im stupid. Then I saw Anri at Firelink and she said nect time we meet, we'll be enemies. Now I don't know where she is. She's not at Carthus. The other guy isn't in his spot at Smouldering. I'm lost.

Someone to help with
Reward for reaching rank 2 in the covenant Mound-Makers. You must turn in 30 Vertebra Shackles

so damn hard to get shackles :(

Might have to ask GAF for help on the Arch
dragon
main boss. SL 91. Summons literally go to "unable to summon" in 0.1 seconds.

Tried it a few times and I keep getting melted, as do summons before me usually. Shit is rough.

If you are on PC and still needs help later I can do it. However I am stuck at work for at least 3-4 hours more.

Robiin

I keep running in circles, what's the fastest way from a bonfire to the Pontiff boss? I think I have all shortcuts open... Is it up the stairs by all the Knights with curved sword and fire mages and take the door on the left side? So many enemies if so!

Posted?

Was at Pontiff and saw a Mound Maker duel sign for "The Fashion Police." Of course I summoned him, because a name like that is too good not to see what happens.
He shows up wearing a Leather set with a Lothric hood and does a full circle around me, inspecting my set. I'm not wearing anything too flashy, a Knight helm with Herald armor, complete with Silver knight leggings and nameless knight gauntlets.
He finishes looking me over and does a prostration gesture. I can tell he clearly doesn't approve, so I ready myself for a fight. But instead he switches into my set but dons a Lothric knight helm instead, which significantly looked much more sophisticated then the knight helm I had which revealed my collar. I follow his lead and switch out the two and realize that I look so much better than ever, and I give him a rightfully deserved dignified bow.
He applauded me, and then threw himself off a ledge...
TL; DR: Got invaded by Fashion Police, he gave me great fashion advice, then killed himself when he saw his work was done.
I hope you guys get the chance to meet this bastard. It was one of the most memorable "invasions" I've ever had.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4i1wo7/ok_i_just_got_invaded_by_the_fashion_police/

mulac

First run-through done! Pretty happy with my STR character so I grabbed a few Embers + various other bits and pieces then straight into NG+ to cover:

+1 Rings
NPC Quests which I missed - all of them
3rd ending which I know is dependent on an NPC

What's the best guide for Platinum people are using?

It's not my favourite FROM Game - Bloodborne is hard to beat. But if I rated BB a 10/10 then Dark Souls 3 is a 9.99999999999999999999/10 while:

DS2 is 9/10
DS1 is 9/10

Never played Demon Souls.

BB>DS3>DS1>DS2>??

I keep running in circles, what's the fastest way from a bonfire to the Pontiff boss? I think I have all shortcuts open... Is it up the stairs by all the Knights with curved sword and fire mages and take the door on the left side? So many enemies if so!
There's a gate you open to the south west when facing boss gate. That takes you to a
shortcut that the bonfire in there you can rush the boss to. It's the church bonfire with the statues

Skii

Try looking for
illusionary walls

Okay sweet. I'll have another look around.

There's no DkS3 equivalent of the charred ring from DkS1. I recommend wearing armor with the highest fire resist along with the Flamestone ring and any other rings that up fire resist and use Flash Sweat. Should be enough to keep you alive while chugging Estus. If your Vigor is low, it might be tougher. But you might end up dying after grabbing one item and have to do a runback for the rest.

Okay I should be able to make that work. My HP already looks like something from NG+ so I should be fine there.

KHlover

Banned
Jeebus, the Greatsword does not treat NPC invaders (or other NPC unkindled) kindly.

Charged R2 -> Charged R2 -> Charged R2

worked every time so far. Super Armor during R2 so far hasn't failed me yet *knocks on wood*

Crap...I may have messed up a quest line and I dont know what I did wrong. Google ain't helping.

I didnt know Anri was an important character. And I cleared the SHIT out of the Cathedral. However, upon doing so, I encountered the respec clan. I did it even though I probably didnt need to. Cos Im stupid. Then I saw Anri at Firelink and she said nect time we meet, we'll be enemies. Now I don't know where she is. She's not at Carthus. The other guy isn't in his spot at Smouldering. I'm lost.

Thats not Anri. I have no idea who it is but I did same thing and still have Anri quest going.

Jamiaro

Hah! Found a perfect blended whisky for future Dark Souls-sessions. :D Kiln Embers from Wemyss Malts.

I feel forced to order a bottle just because of the name!

Seiniyta

So, having used my Refined longsword +10 through NG and NG+ for the most part. Any other strength/dex weapon that's worthwhile using? (PVE) Every time I use another weapon it just seems my simply longsword is better overall.

KHlover

Banned
lmao I just got invaded by a Dark Spirit with 50k souls. By the time the Darkmoon guy finally showed up I had already disposed of him though. Invader ate a fully charged 2h R2 from my Greatsword and then didn't account for the backswing of the 2h R1.

I love this weapon. Really do.

FaintDeftone

Question:

Right now I'm at
Irithyl
and heading towards
Pontiff
. I was able to take out
Dancer
early gaining access to
Lothric Caste
. Both of these areas have really ramped up in difficulty I noticed. Especially
Lothric Castle

I'm playing as the Mercenary class with the majority of points going into Dex, Vig, End, and Vit. I'm still using the dual scimitars that I started with and I have it upgraded to +5. I currently have 27 in DEX points right now too. I notice I'm not doing a whole lot of damage anymore, especially in the castle. Should I be switching to a different weapon right now? Any recommendations? I have the Dancer blades but I hear they're basically useless.

pa22word

So that FOV mod, will it get you soft banned?

Link?

The FOV is so bad in both Bloodborne and DS3 that I'd be willing to set up an off account and run the game that way to check.

Oh and just to be safe: considering the shit they banned you for in Scholar: yes, I would say it would result in a softban.

KHlover

Banned
Question:

Right now I'm at
Irithyl
and heading towards
Pontiff
. I was able to take out
Dancer
early gaining access to
Lothric Caste
. Both of these areas have really ramped up in difficulty I noticed. Especially
Lothric Castle

I'm playing as the Mercenary class with the majority of points going into Dex, Vig, End, and Vit. I'm still using the dual scimitars that I started with and I have it upgraded to +5. I currently have 27 in DEX points right now too. I notice I'm not doing a whole lot of damage anymore, especially in the castle. Should I be switching to a different weapon right now? Any recommendations? I have the Dancer blades but I hear they're basically useless.

Well LC is the final big area of the game so I don't know what you expected lol

That's Sirris.

FaintDeftone

Well LC is the final big area of the game so I don't know what you expected lol

I expected it to be challenging but coming from all of the other Souls games I felt like I wasn't as crippled as I was in this one so late in the game. I'm just wondering if there is a better weapon option for my class or if it ultimately doesn't matter what weapon you have ala Dark Souls II.

I expected it to be challenging but coming from all of the other Souls games I felt like I wasn't as crippled as I was in this one so late in the game. I'm just wondering if there is a better weapon option for my class or if it ultimately doesn't matter what weapon you have ala Dark Souls II.

I've just started LC in the correct order (I'm SL 77) and even I'm finding it difficult. I'd suggest leaving it until later.

I just had a game crash on PS4, exactly at the moment that I summoned a second NPC phantom for the first boss. Is this a known bug? Never seen anything like it before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom