• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
5ouoJSH.png

0KWQoBx.png

BUdCIKd.png

6lHEBll.png

eNIBHxz.png

wUiuCVZ.png

2dIyTQ1.png

OTUdItH.png

I will add more to this OP as the month continues :)

mbpm1

Guile looks pretty good from what I saw from the WSO stream. Not as fast as I would like, but pretty good still.

These patches/characters are always going to be the very last day of the month aren't they...wak.

At least we got trailers and streams beforehand this time. Last time it was just data mined info, modded game files, and fan made trailers. Good to see capcom make the necessary changes to reveal their DLC.

FluxWaveZ

Matchmaking can be weird and all, but players should never be put in a situation where they'll literally only win 1 LP from a Ranked Match. That's just ridiculous.

Xeteh

Matchmaking can be weird and all, but players should never be put in a situation where they'll literally only win 1 LP from a Ranked Match. That's just ridiculous.

Or higher ranked players winning 2-1 and coming out having lost points.

BiggNife

GUILE IS FREE? WOW. IS THE ZENNY SHOP EVEN COMING?

Zenny shop is coming in May if I have to bet

It's one of those things they can't really afford to fuck up because if there's an exploit then they lose money so I kinda get why they're taking their time with it.

Zissou

Zenny shop is coming in May if I have to bet

It's one of those things they can't really afford to fuck up because if there's an exploit then they lose money so I kinda get why they're taking their time with it.

The longer it takes, the more having free access to Alex/Guile will make it seem like Capcom is 'taking away' something when they put them behind the paywall (despite them being cool about letting us access them for free for a while)

FluxWaveZ

Or higher ranked players winning 2-1 and coming out having lost points.

Nah, I'm fine with that. That's pretty much every single match for me now, and I think higher ranked players need to deal with that risk if they want to maintain their rank. It's when it's literally a situation where a player will win 1 LP or risk losing something like 300-350 LP in a single match where things get pretty stupid.

Sheroking

They weren't faster, guile's booms still had the startup advantage, and only one of poison's projectiles had better recovery.

Poison's EX fireball is the exact same speed as Guile's EX boom, has better start-up and pretty much the same recovery. It's the best fireball in the game. That's what I was talking about.

Durden77

Great work as usual Garrett. Kick ass and chose the best title.

Cross Posting from old OT:

How much better are Guile's booms than Nash's? And in what ways?

Safer, faster, more control.

Guile has always based his entire gameplay around his booms, where as with Nash it's just another nice tool to have. Almost like Ken's Hadouken's compared to Ryu but even more so.

Which is a bit ironic because Nash is supposed to be the master of them, hence the one hand.

LakeEarth

Nice OT!

I'm suffering from that feeling when you lose a heartbreaker, but then has to immediately stop playing and leave the house. Suffering from salt overload without my runback. Fucking random super!

Xeteh

Nah, I'm fine with that. That's pretty much every single match for me now, and I think higher ranked players need to deal with that risk if they want to maintain their rank. It's when it's literally a situation where a player will win 1 LP or risk losing something like 300-350 LP in a single match where things get pretty stupid.

I don't know, the swings seem to violent considering there aren't that many people at the higher LPs to constantly have matches like that. Its not as if people in Gold are terrible and won't be able to take a match off of someone in Platinum, that means they'll gain ~150 and lose maybe 20 total.

Considering how many matches 130 LP could be for someone in Plat that seems crazy.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Poison's EX fireball is the exact same speed as Guile's EX boom, has better start-up and pretty much the same recovery. It's the best fireball in the game. That's what I was talking about.

Nobody is throwing out a constant stream of ex fireballs, guile however can throw out booms relatively safely because they startup/recover so fast. Even with her ex fireball, poison would lose if guile didn't have to charge.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know, the swings seem to violent considering there aren't that many people at the higher LPs to constantly have matches like that. Its not as if people in Gold are terrible and won't be able to take a match off of someone in Platinum, that means they'll gain ~150 and lose maybe 20 total.

Considering how many matches 130 LP could be for someone in Plat that seems crazy.

That's what's been happening to me consistently, and it is pretty disheartening, but I guess I see it like this: someone who reaches that league should be able to win that many matches to offset the few losses that'll set them back if they want to remain in it. I don't think people's LPs should be ever-growing; I appreciate the risk of losing a great deal. It puts more importance in matches, and more importance in performing well, as well as actually giving some importance to the skill levels reflected proportional to a player's league.

That said, though, I agree that it doesn't seem right that the higher leagues always have to be matches against fairly lower ones because there aren't enough players in the higher one to be matched against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom