• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in Bloodborne 2?

I want:

-60 FPS on neo
-Better Chalice dungeons
-Dark Souls 1 tier level design
-Better net code :)lol)
-Shit like Cuthulu,Yog Sogoth and nyarlathoptep as bosses
-Magic or at least some alternative to magic (better fire arms would be great)

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
There won't be a Bloodborne 2.

And why exactly?

On topic - DS3 has been a step down from Bloodborne so I would like Bloodborne 2 to get back to the spectacular level and enemy design but this time with even more weapons, have some options for the boring build aka casters

also please remove chalice dungeons.

silva1991

I want a new IP, if not then BB2 instead of DS4 ..... in 2019 or so

edit: read the thread wrong

anyways this is what I want from BB2

1- no DS type of weapons and their endless reskins. just give me more awesome and limited trick weapons
2- more guns types that can be used as magic from the souls games(don't want actual magic in BB)
3- let go of the night theme and give us colorful victorian locations
4- no more blood vial grinding
5- no more dungeons
6- more NPCs please.

Kaibutsu

Why wouldn't there be?

cause he's psychic...

Anyway, the thing i would like to see the most is a more diverse armor system. Bloodborne 1 basically had armor that didn't really matter. Yeah, some had better stats in one area over another but in actually the armor didn't mean shit in that game

cheesekao

If it ever happens, it needs to have a massive overhaul with its combat system. You can only make a concept work for so long.

Basically what I want is for them to make the player character Lady Maria or Gherman tier.

wiibomb

I would love to see a more engaging Chalice dungeons, I don't know if this is an alienation to the Souls formula. but why not making the more encouraging to multiplayer? it was hell to try and look for someone random on those dungeons.

Most of them had bosses from the main game, make them a kind of "the multiplayer part" of those main bosses, something to make them somehow more encouraging to tackle them with other people

I want:

-60 FPS on neo
-Better Chalice dungeons
-Dark Souls 1 tier level design
-Better net code :)lol)
-Shit like Cuthulu,Yog Sogoth and nyarlathoptep as bosses
-Magic or at least some alternative to magic (better fire arms would be great)

these 2 things can be very well questioned, From is not very good at managing resources on consoles, I would highly doubt a PS4K would help even BB run at 60fps.

DkS1 design is now not the focus, in fact, the design from BB seems to be now the focus since DkS3 takes inspiration in it.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
We are getting a spiritual successor that might be multiplat(like demon souls>dark souls) at a minimum. Game might be at 2 million on PS4 by now.

Game crossed 2 million ages ago. Last September if I recall.

qW6MZQX.jpg

Stolen from that "Want my money back"

(I don't want this)

There won't be a Bloodborne 2.

Awful first post and you are 100% wrong.

We are getting a spiritual successor that might be multiplat(like demon souls>dark souls) at a minimum. Game might be at 2 million on PS4 by now.

It was at 2 million sales before Paris Games Week last year, as I recall. Assuming it had a bump due to the DLC I expect it has easily passed 2.5 million sales by now.

It was over 2 million on PS4 before the expansion released.

I would just take a larger, longer sequel with the same quality...with a bit more storytelling. After the success of the original and now Dark Souls III Sony will probably pump even more resources into the sequel.

Chola

Banned
Estus flask
Longer game
No chalice dungeon
Better world
More NPCs
More human sized bosses

Just make dark souls with BB combat

- Auto refill Blood Vial every time you die
- Gun ammo should be variety like "Fire bullet", "Poison bullet" not just "Quicksilver bullet"
- Proper "magic"
- Keep weapons to be unique to each other
- Get rid or make Chalice Dungeon less boring

Why not?

From said Dark Souls 3 was the end of Souls, sure, but Bloodborne isn't a Souls game. And BB sold really well.
Yes it is. Saying it's not souls because it doesn't have souls in the title doesn't mean it's not souls. If they didn't mean Bloodborne they wouldve said no more Dark Souls Games, everyone already knows demons is dead.
Bloodborne doesnt need a sequel, it's my second favorite game after Ds3 but just because it's a good game doesn't mean we need another, some things are better left alone and we've explored as much of that world as we really need to. A distant successor based on the great ones in a different world? Sure maybe but we don't need Bloodborne 2.

Wollan

No frame-pacing issue.

PSVR Cinema mode as in game played on a large virtual cinema screen and inventory/HUD offloaded to surrounding area.

wiibomb

A story that isn't told through item descriptions.

ugh....

If it ever happens, it needs to have a massive overhaul with its combat system. You can only make a concept work for so long.

Basically what I want is for them to make the player character Lady Maria or Gherman tier.

UGGGGHHHHHHHH...

now I see why From never wins when they make a Souls game.. may be it isn't a good idea to make BB2

Have the large majority of weapons be available from the 1st quarter of the game. I don't want to have to do be in NG+ or neae the end boss just to get some weapons (cough dlc weapons and burial blade)

RyoonZ

Banned
Mechborne please
All enemies are robot variant
Really tired of these samey world and enemy, gamrplay can stay the same

-Co-op that actually works properly.
-PvP arena
-Reworked and improved Chalice Dungeons
-Ability to teleport between lamps
-Better weapon unlock pacing and more cosmetics

The first game is nearly perfect for me, outside of farming for vials and getting frenzied.

So just change that stuff and give me a similar world and I'm good.

Yes it is. Saying it's not souls because it doesn't have souls in the title doesn't mean it's not souls. If they didn't mean Bloodborne they wouldve said no more Dark Souls Games, everyone already knows demons is dead.
Bloodborne doesnt need a sequel, it's my second favorite game after Ds3 but just because it's a good game doesn't mean we need another, some things are better left alone and we've explored as much of that world as we really need to. A distant successor based on the great ones in a different world? Sure maybe but we don't need Bloodborne 2.

Not "we", I need it like most people above

I wouldn't mind a game with similar combat, but it would not really do the story or setting any justice to do another sequel. Lovecraft horror is best left unexplained.

At this point I kinda wish From would do a sci-fi game just because they'd certainly make it interesting.

UrbanRats

• 60fps on Neo.
  • More equipment.
  • More build variety.
  • Actual covenants.
  • An actual magic build that is decent.
  • No Chalice garbage.
  • Infinite Vials in storage (replenish 20 ata time, like the Estus).
  • Not having to go through 2 loadings, just warp somewhere.
  • Hud that automatically goes away when unused, like Dks2 & 3.

Top Bottom