• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Must have PS4 exclusives?

MisterR

I'd say Infamous, Driveclub, Until Dawn, Resogun, The Last of Us, Uncharted Collection, Tearaway will be a good start.

Even though Bloodborne is in the op, people are still recommending it.

Normally, I'd laugh at that, but it's a game worth buying twice. It's that good.

The last of us (if you missed it on ps3)

Until dawn (horror/fun)

Bloodborne (atmospheric and challenging)

Aliennation (top down twinstick craziness)

Infamous second son (awesome open world super hero/villian game)

Gurish

Unfortunately, not as many as I'd like:

Ratchet
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

That's it for now.
(Only listed games that are exlusives for PS4, obviously if you didn't play TLOU and U2 it's a must)

AlanOC91

Then you have to buy the PS3 trifecta remasters on PS4: TLOU, God of War 3 and Journey.

For PS4 original titles: Until Dawn and Second Son. The Order for the eye candy (seriously, this is literally one of the best looking games ever, including PC games).

ALSO, Uncharted 4 is coming in 2 weeks! Make sure to buy The Nathan Drake Collection to get into the series!

God of War 3 was Remastered?? Interesting! Played the first and loved it!

I'm not sure if I'll like Uncharted. It's hard to call for me really. Anything you guys can compare it to? Would it be like Tomb Raider? I played it for 3 hours and kinda got bored.

nib95

Banned
Really depends on what you're after, for me personally.

Bloodborne
DriveClub
Ratchet and Clank
Tearaway Unfolded
InFamous Second Son
Uncharted Collection
The Last of Us
Resogun
The Witness
Transistor
Galak-Z
Journey
Flower
Velocity 2X

Maybe Until Dawn as well if she's in to that sort of thing. Alienation and Uncharted 4 around the corner too.

Generally good games:
inFamous
DriveClub
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
The Last of Us
Resogun
FFX remaster
TearAway
Until Dawn
LittleBigPlanet 3 (might be buggy, but it is pretty good)

Upcoming
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
FFXV
FFVII Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
The Last Guardian
Horizon
Dreams
Detroit

Mixed results games (Games that some people like and others hate with passion.)
-Killzone
-Knack
-The Order

Generally good games:
inFamous
DriveClub
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
The Last of Us
Resogun
FFX remaster
TearAway
Until Dawn
LittleBigPlanet 3 (might be buggy, but it is pretty good)

Upcoming
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
FFXV
FFVII Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
The Last Guardian
Horizon
Dreams
Detroit

Mixed results games (Games that some people like and others hate with passion.)
-Killzone
-Knack
-The Order

I didn't think FFXV and KH3 were exclusive

Caith_Sith

Neo Member
ratchet2.0.gif

Bloodborne_0a62b0_5487138.gif

I didn't think FFXV and KH3 were exclusive

From the OP
"If a game is multi platform I'll 100% get it on PC."

I made the assumption that the OP was a PC/PS4 player and would get PC games on PC. FFXV and KH3 are multiplatform, but they are not on PC. So I thought I'd include them.

From the OP
"If a game is multi platform I'll 100% get it on PC."

I made the assumption that the OP was a PC/PS4 player and would get PC games on PC. FFXV and KH3 are multiplatform, but they are not on PC. So I thought I'd include them.

Oh, they'll be on PC, believe me :p

Memento

God of War 3 was Remastered?? Interesting! Played the first and loved it!

I'm not sure if I'll like Uncharted. It's hard to call for me really. Anything you guys can compare it to? Would it be like Tomb Raider? I played it for 3 hours and kinda got bored.

I think you should definitely give Uncharted 2 at least a try. It is GOTG material.

jrcbandit

Don't get The Order, it was as huge disappointment. Uncharted Collection is a must but I'd probably consider skipping Uncharted 1, the formula didn't get perfected until Uncharted 2. TLOU remastered of course, Until Dawn, and Resogun as everyone has recommended. If you like Lego games at all, Lego Dimensions is fun and could be played with your girlfriend, it's console exclusive. Gravity Rush Remastered and Tearaway if you never owned a Vita, GOW3 if you never played on PS3.

Avoid Killzone, it was a sucky launch game, Knack was a far better launch game, lol, and it wasn't anything to write home about. Infamous Second Son ended up boring me, but I found the stand alone DLC First Light to be engaging.

Didn't realize how weak PS4 exclusive list is if you exclude PS3 and Vita remasters....

Really depends on why you didn't like Tomb Raider. Depending on the reason, you might find Uncharted to be vastly better or you might even find it worse.

I haven't finished Tomb Raider, but Uncharted 2 was good enough to play 10x.

Oh, they'll be on PC, believe me :p
FFXV probably will, but it has to be confirmed first. Not sure about KH3 though.

The only ones I think are absolutely necessary are Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, Infamous Second Son, and DriveClub.

There's plenty more to get too though, especially with Uncharted 4 coming up now. Also GR2 is not out yet.

With the current flash sale, OP should just purchase all of the sony first party titles. That would include Killzone, Tearaway, The Order, LBP3, and Beyond for about 45 bucks. They all offer something different and really showcase Sonys commitment to diverse titles. My personal favorites in that group are Killzone and The Order.

Hey guys.

So my girlfriend surprised me with a PS4 and Ratchet and Clank yesterday. Awesome and very unexpected gift.

I'm a complete PC player so I haven't been keeping an eye on console exclusive games whatsoever.

So far I have Bloodborne, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Ratchet and Clank. If a game is multi platform I'll 100% get it on PC.

But after these 3 I have no idea what games I should be going for. I'm big into JRPG games if that helps.

I guess I'm in the PS4 club now! :)

My man. Resogun is a must, and Until Dawn would definitely be fun to play with your girlfriend. I did that and it was much more fun than playing it alone. The Last of Us Remastered if you didn't play it on PS3.

Until Dawn is great if you like either Telltale/David Cage style games or Horror, Disgaea 5 is great if you like SRPG's or just anime craziness. If you don't have a vita or just never played them then Tearaway Unfolded and Gravity Rush are good fun and feel almost like throwback PS2 games in the best ways. Oh and the Uncharted Collection as well if you didn't play them on PS3 so you can prepare for Uncharted 4 next month.

Avoid The Order though unless you dig disappointing mediocrity.

-Resogun
-Driveclub if you're into racing
-Infamous has stellar gameplay with a mediocre story
-Until Dawn is FANTASTIC
-The Order 1886 you can get for super cheap, and the gameplay is super impactful and the story is really interesting
-Uncharted Collection
-The Last of Us Remastered
-Alienation is coming out Tuesday and I'm sure that'll be a hit

Neoxon

• Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Collection
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Street Fighter V
  • Tearaway
  • Resogun

Hexa

If you like JRPGs:

Disgaea 5
Nights of Azure
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
Sword Art Online Lost Song

Ikon

There are only two must have exclusives on the PS4 so far for me:

Bloodborne and The Last of Us Remastered

Diablo 3 is an amazing experience as well and I prefer it on console to PC but I still don't think it's applicable here.

Darkangel

Bloodborne is probably the only "really good" game that's truly exclusive.

Infamous and Driveclub are also solid, but I wouldn't call them system sellers.

It depends what you think of cinematic games. If you think they're not gamey enough, then Uncharted really is that perfect middle ground because while it's bombastic, it is pretty gamey enough. The second one has a really nice mix of some puzzles, platforming/exploration, and TPS-style stuff, and it has plenty of meat on its bones.

I'll admit I never played Tomb Raider so I can't compare it to that. Even though it's different from what I usually play, I personally found the Uncharted games to be a pretty fun ride.

Zukkoyaki

Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, and Resogun are really the only "must-play" PS4 exclusives in my opinion.

Depending on your taste though, other good exclusives include:

Retail
- Infamous Second Son
- Until Dawn
- Driveclub

Digital
- Helldivers (On Vita and PS3 as well)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Infamous First Light

Quality Ports
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Uncharted Collection
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Gravity Rush Remastered

Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, and Resogun are really the only "must-play" PS4 exclusives in my opinion.

Depending on your taste though, other good exclusives include:

Retail
- Infamous Second Son
- Until Dawn
- Driveclub

Digital
- Helldivers (On Vita and PS3 as well)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Infamous First Light

Quality Ports
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Uncharted Collection
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Gravity Rush Remastered

Tearaway is a pretty different game, though. I wouldn't classify it as a port

30FPS and not Forza that's why.

The PS4 barely has anything worth getting and it seems like it will be like that until Persona 5.

Da fuq?

Raylan

Banned
Hey guys.

So my girlfriend surprised me with a PS4 and Ratchet and Clank yesterday. Awesome and very unexpected gift.

I'm a complete PC player so I haven't been keeping an eye on console exclusive games whatsoever.

So far I have Bloodborne, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Ratchet and Clank. If a game is multi platform I'll 100% get it on PC.

But after these 3 I have no idea what games I should be going for. I'm big into JRPG games if that helps.

I guess I'm in the PS4 club now! :)

Dude, get UNTIL DAWN as soon as possible! Believe me and thank me later!!!

Oh, and by the way: Congrats! BEST girlfriend EVER! ;)

AlanOC91

Guys I massively appreciate all the responses. Definitely many games to consider soon after my original three. I think a two player game is a must next since I got a free extra controller with the console.

Thanks a million guys. So many varying opinions will keep me thinking for a while yet but I know now what to look out for!

EDIT: Until Dawn mentioned the most I think. I may have to get that next.

Top Bottom