• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alienation |OT| They're coming outta the goddamn walls!

anddo0

Sell me on this game..

I love Diablo 3.. Made it to paragon level 510 without ever going online
I liked Dead Nation
I couldn't get into Helldivers because of co-op focus

Housemarque posted a local co-op confirmation today. It's coming in a patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRlG4fo5YU

that's the thing, Housemarque never stops until they make it GOTY-ier. It was like that with Resogun, improving and adding new stuff to the game.

I really doubt they will drop their quality as devs and wont support it further, i was betting that they will add it later on but it is nice to know from them saying it is coming.

This looks like my kind of game, but I could never really get into Dead Nation. Aiming the weapons would always end up cramping my hand.

Does this control or play differently? How does the gunplay compare to HellDivers?

todd360

I forgot this game was coming out so soon. I just preordered because I love resogun and yo boy Colin M made me really appreciate Housemarque.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
HUGE Helldivers fan, not sure if i should get this for the simple/mindless arcade shooterness.

This is a million times better than Dead Nation.

I hate that shitty game with a passion, love Helldivers, and really enjoyed this.

Loved Dead Nation and looking forward to this but can someone tell me why there are 'bars' over the players and enemies heads?

Not fond of that look at all and wondered if it can be turned off?

Thanks.

This is a million times better than Dead Nation.

I hate that shitty game with a passion, love Helldivers, and really enjoyed this.
qqlZdqs.gif

Melchiah

This looks like my kind of game, but I could never really get into Dead Nation. Aiming the weapons would always end up cramping my hand.

Does this control or play differently? How does the gunplay compare to HellDivers?

The lack of autofire was more of a problem for me, as tapping R1 constantly got physically taxing, given the nerve damage in my hand. Hopefully there's autofire in this game.

JoeFenix

The lack of autofire was more of a problem for me, as tapping R1 constantly got physically taxing, given the nerve damage in my hand. Hopefully there's autofire in this game.

There is autofire in this, you can hold down the trigger and unload with every weapon other than the revolver which is one of the 3 secondary weapon choices. I would suggest avoiding that one but otherwise you should be fine!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

There are fully auto guns in DN, but I get what you mean as a whole leading up to.

bender

What time is it?
Housemarque games have never clicked with me for some reason. I don't really have anything against Stardust or Resogun but I actively disliked Dead Nation. I'm still really curious about Alien Nation. It's probably the graphic whore inside of me.

Z3M0G

I had no clue what this game is and who made it... wow i need this some day.

How satisfying is the loot system?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
[Agent]ZeroNine;201864469 said:
This, Diablo 3 and Helldiver's makes the PS4 so damn good for couch MP. Now to find local individuals who like top down shooters

Wait... Diablo 3 has local co-op for the PS4?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
mmmhmm. Console Diablo 3 is the shit.

Fuck me.... I was a HUGE (as many were) Diablo 2/LoD/1.09 junkie back in the day. Perfect MF formulas to not bleed into diminishing returns. Setting alarms for peak MF hours like 3-4am EST, etc..

Never jumped on Diablo 3 yet, since I had a lot on my plate when it launched, and other things would have been in the way.

I am just going to have to jump on D3 soon me thinks. First this (Alienation) in the meantime, lol.

Yep and if you want another great couch co-op experience try Divinity Original Sin.

I heard that as well. I have both on my PSN wishlist so I do not forget about them due to backlogging, lol.

Freeman76

Sell me on this game..

I love Diablo 3.. Made it to paragon level 510 without ever going online
I liked Dead Nation
I couldn't get into Helldivers because of co-op focus

Why does anyone need to sell you on it. Read some reviews and figure out if its for you, how would we know lol

Honestly I love the pre-order theme. Nice colors, nice ambient music (that also isn't a 30 second loop that stops and repeats). The falling meteors look cheesy but whatever

As much as I'd like custom themes on PS4, I'm a sucker for the added incentive lol. I can see why they're enjoying store themes only

Very much looking forward to playing this tonight

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I probably said this already in another thread but the game autoloaded to my PS4. Said it's "ready to play" and so I did for the first mission. 20 minutes in and now I want to buy it. Easy sale when it's pushed like this..

Controls tight. Looting. Active reload. Melee. Carnage. Coop will be fun.

Apples_89

So disappointed that this doesn't have local coop out of the gate. During Kinda Funny's Lets Play the developer said that 'he wished he had another controller so they could play together' insinuating that that was an option at that time. I preordered this game on that basis to play with a buddy, and now we'll have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time to play together. I'm sure this will be an amazing game regardless, but i'd be lying if I said the exclusion of this feature at launch isn't frustrating. Oh well, it's my fault for not doing further research before pulling the trigger…

Dunlop

Is there a matchmaking system for the MP or is it friends only, can't see any details on the reviews I have read

Top Bottom