• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alienation |OT| They're coming outta the goddamn walls!

he said the game would be "10x" more enjoyable on pc.

do you believe that?

60FPS does make games much more enjoyable for me. I don't think I have to say that I speak for everyone, because I don't. It's just a preference.(actually, 60FPS is objectively better for ANY game.)I certainly wouldn't say 30FPS is much better, especially for a game like this.

Damn, with all the trailers being uploaded to YT in 60fps I thought this was a 60fps game on PS4.

I think it's because everyone renders their content in 60FPS now, even if the original source wasn't 30FPS. I could record 30FPS in shadowplay, render it 60FPS in Sony Vegas, and it would still be 30 on YT if you select the 60FPS option.

Posted this in the review thread like an idiot:

Is the game actually hard? That's my biggest concern. Meaning I don't like games that are easy.

I saw a bunch of questions about the loot system but no answers. Can someone describe how in depth the loot system is? Is it anywhere near Diablo level? Is there different quality levels?

sector4

I think it's because everyone renders their content in 60FPS now, even if the original source wasn't 30FPS. I could record 30FPS in shadowplay, render it 60FPS in Sony Vegas, and it would still be 30 on YT if you select the 60FPS option.

Oh yeah no doubt, totally understand that. I went back and looked at the trailers and sure enough, it's only the supers that are running at 60fps. Real shame.

antitrop

I believe uploading in 60fps gets you a higher bitrate video, even if it's 30fps source material. That's just what I've heard, I don't do YT content.

Posted this in the review thread like an idiot:

Is the game actually hard? That's my biggest concern. Meaning I don't like games that are easy.

Based on what I've seen, it's a gradual increase in difficulty across the game, then the final level is balls hard, and forces you to use everything you've learned.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
PSN won't let me buy this.

PSN won't let me buy this.

Have you tried doing it on both your PS4 and on the website? I was having problems with their website earlier, but came home and it worked fine on the console.

And now I just have to wait for slow ass PSN to give me the juicy bits!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Have you tried doing it on both your PS4 and on the website? I was having problems with their website earlier, but came home and it worked fine on the console.

And now I just have to wait for slow ass PSN to give me the juicy bits!

I've only tried PS4. Now it's not even showing up on PSN at all.

Shin-Ra

Snipers can get pretty annoying when you're solo dealing with a couple dozen other swarming enemies.

TAJ

Dont search for it just go into games and find it. They still have the preorder page up where u cant do anything

Before it was showing up in Deals and Catalog but not purchasable. Now it's just gone. I never use Search, but I checked and it's not there, either.
EDIT: NVM, it's back but the price changed.
Bought anyway. It's downloading slower than anything I've downloaded since I had dialup. I'm including my old 3G phones in that comparison. The download won't finish until sometime on the 27th. Anything else that big would normally take approximately 17 minutes.

nikos

Gold Member
This game is way slower paced than I anticipated. Going by trailers though, things will probably get crazy later in the game. Looking forward to some mayhem.

ChanMan

How do you group up with friends in this. Nevermind it looks like you have to do the same mission at the same time I guess.

Pimpbaa

Bought anyway. It's downloading slower than anything I've downloaded since I had dialup. I'm including my old 3G phones in that comparison. The download won't finish until sometime on the 27th. Anything else that big would normally take approximately 17 minutes.

It only took me 6 minutes to download. Sometimes I get slow downloads but usually pausing and resuming makes it download at full speed for me.

Played for almost an hour and a half. really impressed with the game. Super fun, pretty challenging. The game just TOSSES enemies at you. The abilities & loot and upgrade crafting are tons of fun. I ran this with some random ppl & had a better experience than I did in Helldivers when playing with Matchmade players. Looking forward to playing with some GAF members

RoeBear

Really fun game so far. I had no progress because I failed to understand the hardcore mode aspect. I assumed it meant that there were no respawns in missions. I was extremely surprised to see my character erased after dying in some event :(

Dayuuum!

it's everything i had hoped for and then some

played with a random and kicked some et ass

love it when i run into hordes. using the magnum is soo damn satisfying.

Ya, this game was so worth the wait. Just got in a group with 3 other randoms and it was amazing chaos.

well i was literally counting down the timer for the game to unlock lol

id like to set up a game with 3 others and amp up the amount of baddies on screen

@mr antimatter

there's the total alienation community on ps4. look it up and join

Game is awesome, but is there any longevity to it? I feel like I could be done with this in 5 hours.

I know not every game needs an "end game", but with loot driven games, it feels kinda important. Is there any reason to keep playing once you beat the 20 story missions?

drotahorror

Why do my weapons always change mid game? It's really annoying when I like using a certain throwing weapon and it swaps to mines because I picked up a mine. Also it changes my heavy weapons too.

My friend doesn't suffer this, I looked in the options and can't find anything, the auto weapon change.

Why do my weapons always change mid game? It's really annoying when I like using a certain throwing weapon and it swaps to mines because I picked up a mine. Also it changes my heavy weapons too.

My friend doesn't suffer this, I looked in the options and can't find anything, the auto weapon change.

Don't hold down X. Just tap it. If you hold it it equips the pickups.

Flunkie

Banned
what an amazing game already, so tight and fun. matchmaking/coop is great as well. fucking fantasticly well done. loving all the signature Resogun/SSD effects on stuff such as the fire/embers and stuff. <3 <3 <3

Any chance this ends up on PC? Helldivers came to PC, yes?

It's possible, but if so I'd expect you'd have a ~6 month wait first. Sony has only very recently started releasing games on PC, and in the two instances it has been from historically PC-centric developers. Alienation is a similar sized project to those two though, so I think it may happen.

Top Bottom