• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

If you don't think it's the best looking game ever just tell us which game looks better :p

There isn't really, even if game X on PC has better shadows, these are small things when you look at the overall package, no game looks better (imo before PC gaf jumps at me), overall fidelity is unmatched.

DKHF

Can I ask that you all don't post the image of [shown locations] just straight out like that?

It may not be a "spoiler", but I do feel there's merit in experiencing the shown locations in one own's way, and showing the images of a location through a different perspective has some impact, however minimal.

Even more so when it's like Sebastiono's pic.
This, I agree.

There isn't really, even if game X on PC has better shadows, these are small things when you look at the overall package, no game looks better (imo before PC gaf jumps at me), overall fidelity is unmatched.

For sure.

Only QB, now that proper res can be achieved on PC, comes close in my opinion. And the Order of course. But U4 is the total package.

eso76

yeah great screenshot grabbed from a 720p YT video man, really great LOOL

Sure.
Look, I know when resolution and compression are to blame.
I'm talking about the way the pattern is repeated in small tiles on the surface; YT compression and resolution have nothing to do with it.

viHuGi

Banned
Sure.
I'm talking about the way the pattern is repeated in small tiles on the surface; YT compression and resolution have nothing to do with it.

it is still the best water ever, Crysis on Pc comes close (maybe better?), the original with mods i´ve played in a friends house was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! How was the name? Photo Realistic v4 or something like that back in the day not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYwrPTgBXF8

Slaythe

Sure.

You have virtually no idea what you're talking about.

Low resolution shadows indicate some sort of memory bandwidth restriction. I'm not sure how Neo could possibly help with that (its RAM is only marginally faster).

These are not low resolution shadows.

It's intended, to match the non flat surface of the boat.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Not sure if I want to try beating TLOU on grounded again or play some MLB before this comes out. I'm not sure if I'd be able to beat TLOU in time and then I'd feel like I have to finish it before starting UC4.

Gurish

Really? Stop exaggerating. Sniper Elite 3 had better graphics and vistas. And it ran at 60fps.

Sure dude.

You know what, let's wait to critics reviews, I bet they will be full with "best looking game on consoles" or "ever" quotes, heck, the Kotaku reviewer already tweeted about this game being the best looking he ever seen not to mention any other early impression that was blown away by the visuals, but hey, they are all exaggerating or clueless right?

SomTervo

Not sure if I want to try beating TLOU on grounded again or play some MLB before this comes out. I'm not sure if I'd be able to beat TLOU in time and then I'd feel like I have to finish it before starting UC4.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (topical) on PC for me, along with some Nioh before it shuts down on Thursday

Should be fine... I hope

tumblr_inline_naorirhCII1r0nqyi.jpg

lmao

Sure dude.

You know what, let's wait to critics reviews, I bet they will be full with "best looking game on consoles" or "ever" quotes, heck, the Kotaku review already tweeted about this game being the best looking he ever seen not to mention any other early impression that was blown away by the visuals, but hey, they are all exaggerating or clueless right?

That person was clearly joking

The eBay early copy (which is selling for$275, so stupid) is in ft. Myers. They say they get their copy Tuesday it Wednesday, so it looks like FL gets their copies then.

eso76

You have virtually no idea what you're talking about.

No. Virtually i don't.
Practically, it's right there in the pic. And I don't think it looks that great, in that particular view (it looks great when you're swimming in it and the camera is closer)

Now, you can all keep saying that it has to be the best thing ever because ND did it, or you can just accept the fact that *I* find the way other devs dealt with the issue, more convincing/pleasing. I am not listing them here for obvious reasons.
I agree that ND is on a league of its own, and from what i've seen i am positive this might just be the best looking game ever.
I just think the water is slightly below what i expected from them.

But let's not derail the thread further.

http://i.imgur.com/KVQyctB.jpg

I mean, not really digging the way the water looks here, but eh. No big deal

Well this at 1:43 doesn't show any of that. You're in a boat, moving at high speed and you've searched a choice moment for oddities/artifacts or problems with the shaders, which lasts maybe less than a second and grabed a screenshot, why? Just play in the ocean... Not to mention the quality of the share vids massively ruin how it looks.
http://i.imgur.com/UBmwFP7.png?1

SomTervo

Hmm, I don't see any sign for him joking.

Sniper Elite 3 isn't a bad looking game, but seriously. Nobody would say that in earnest. Why would someone pick Sniper Elite 3 as an Uncharted 4-beater when a handful of AAA games last year alone beat SE3 graphically

Gurish

Sniper Elite 3 isn't a bad looking game, but seriously. Nobody would say that in earnest. Why would someone pick Sniper Elite 3 as an Uncharted 4-beater when a handful of AAA games last year alone beat SE3 graphically

I don't want to use that word, let's call it very "biased", plenty of those on Gaf.

monreader

Neo Member
I wonder what all of these mechanics they've been working on (The car and boat) means for the potential Last of Us 2. Sailing along the channels of a city with infected trying to desperately climb onto the boat, could be nice.

If mechanics like these and the more open level approach that Uncharted 4 is doing, then The Last of Us 2 is going to be amazing. I am extremely hyped for Uncharted 4 but just thinking of The Last of Us 2 gets me more excited.

Gurish

If mechanics like these and the more open level approach that Uncharted 4 is doing, then The Last of Us 2 is going to be amazing. I am extremely hyped for Uncharted 4 but just thinking of The Last of Us 2 gets me more excited.

How bigger do you expect TLOU2 to be? it's important for the game to not lose its focus and pacing, I don't think it will be much bigger than U4.

But I'm also very excited for it, TLOU is all about the combat and AI, TLOU2 will probably have amazing sand box combat with various species and humans interacting in it and on a much bigger scale, better hardware can benefit such game tremendously, even more than what it can do to Uncharted.

ND already streched the PS3 with TLOU to its limits, it will be interesting to see what they will do on PS4 and more so, on PS4K :O

Walpurgis

Banned
I'm hoping ND goes open world next. I know some people here don't like that but I think they could add a lot to the genre like Kojima did.

zsynqx

I'm hoping ND goes open world next. I know some people here don't like that but I think they could add a lot to the genre like Kojima did.

I would say going open world actually hurt Kojima more than it helped. I am a fan of the wide linear approach. Gives you a lot of options, but keeps pushing the story forward.

Indeed. Both games look amazing though. I am not going to lie.

Absolutely!

Ryūko no Ken

Neo Member
Going open world is one of my biggest complaints about MGSV.

Exactly. After years of hype I was emotionally crushed when I realized that MGS+Open world doesn't work for me. GTA, AC, Far Cry all works fine for me, but another beloved cinematic game series forced into open world? It would kill me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom