• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CyberConnect2 working on first self-published shooting action game for PS4/XB1/Steam

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201604/26104259.html

FQLujUx.jpg

This week's Famitsu has a big feature on CyberConnect2's feature plans. They reveal that one of the projects they're working on is their first self-published title and they're aiming for a worldwide release on PS4/XB1/Steam. Details haven't been ironed down yet, but they think it will likely be a digital download title. It is not a big epic open world game. It's described as a shooting action game with inspiration from Nausicaa. The game will not be ready until next year.

Shooting action game? Be swell if the project was a rail shooter! The Nausicaa influence could make the game the closest thing we may get to a new Panzer Dragoon.

Sesha

Shooting action game with Nausicaa inspiration, eh? Sounds neat. Shame the gameplay probably won't be much to cry hurray for, CC2 being the developer and all.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Shooting action game with Nausicaa inspiration, eh? Sounds neat. Shame the gameplay probably won't be much to cry hurray for, CC2 being the developer and all.

? So because CC2 makes one series where the gameplay is intentionally not in depth, they can't make any games at all where that isn't the case?

duckroll

? So because CC2 makes one series where the gameplay is intentionally not in depth, they can't make any games at all where that isn't the case?

Well, to be fair, they've made a ton of games over the years and I don't think they've made a single one that has actual solid gameplay mechanics outside of Silent Bomber.

Rymuth

Is it gonna be like the on-rail shooting segments of Ashura's Wrath?

Regardless, CC2 has my attention as always. And you can't go wrong with taking inspiration from Nausicaa.

Inuhanyou

Well, to be fair, they've made a ton of games over the years and I don't think they've made a single one that has actual solid gameplay mechanics outside of Silent Bomber.

Not even one including the dot hack games? Come on man...i mean i get it, but that's very much of an exaggeration i'd say

WANT.
And also Asura's Wrath 2, please.

i want to see it.

duckroll

Not even one including the dot hack games? Come on man...i mean i get it, but that's very much of an exaggeration i'd say

How is it an exaggeration? Do you really consider .hack to have solid gameplay mechanics? That's not why the games are popular and there's really nothing outstanding, well balanced, or particularly interesting about gameplay design in the games. I like quite a number of CC2 games, but not because of the gameplay. It's just not something they ever emphasize on. Nothing controversial about that.

How is it an exaggeration? Do you really consider .hack to have solid gameplay mechanics? That's not why the games are popular and there's really nothing outstanding, well balanced, or particularly interesting about gameplay design in the games. I like quite a number of CC2 games, but not because of the gameplay. It's just not something they ever emphasize on. Nothing controversial about that.

I actually think the G.U. series had solid gameplay mechanics.

squall23

I'm not sure if solid is the word I'd use but I certainly had lots of fun with GU's battle system. I daresay that the gameplay is a primary reason why I played all of GU.

Inuhanyou

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8567486.html

In other CC2 news, CC2 is also going to establish a development studio in Canada.

Seems random, but ok..as long as the headquarters has the say in development decisions..no point in having a western branch if its just in name only...they should be about growing their talent portfolio while keeping what it is they are good at primarily in house

SerTapTap

Sounds great to me. I know they do good job on the licensed games but I've been missing them since they stopped making .Hack, since I don't really follow the Narutos and the Jojos.

kurahador

Sounds great to me. I know they do good job on the licensed games but I've been missing them since they stopped making .Hack, since I don't really follow the Narutos and the Jojos.

I understand not following Naruto, but I highly recommend you starts yourself on Jojo.

Mifec

Props to them for not being dumb and overlooking steam.

Great idea for a game, can't wait to see how this turns out.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I absolutely loved Nausicaa, even if I can't spell it properly most of the time :p Not too familiar with CC2's stuff (apart from Asura's Wraith which was awesome) but we definitely need some more unique IPs and console Japanese games.

Dreavus

Hope what we see is good. I've been a fan of theirs since that first UNS game last gen, mostly for the visuals. They pull off the anime look extremely well. UNS1 is still looks very impressive IMO.

The problem with those games is they never seemed to break out of their initial arena-brawler-type design from game to game. There are small tweaks that move in the right direction (tying substitutions to a separate meter) but there still isn't much difference between combos. When you compare them to something like field-phase Pokken the amount of depth disparity is instantly apparent. I have not played the latest game with character switching so I don't know how that plays.

Anyways I have no idea what this means for a shooter. It's hard to get a sense of what that might be like based on these games. Visually it should look pretty great and their chosen inspiration is one of my favourites.

DJIzana

Awww... no open world title. =/

Curious about the other games they have. From what I recall, they said they had like 4 huge games in the works last year. (One of which, I'm sure, was the FF7 Remake).

I need me some open world .Hack. :(

Whatever happened to that upcoming big scale open world RPG based on a anime? They were making it and recruiting people for it.

Battlechili

Banned
AWESOME! My day just keeps getting better! CC2 does wonders with their games when they aren't working on phone games or licensed anime games! Their original works are often really interesting and full of obvious love and attention to detail! I'm really excited to see how Venom turns out! Its also awesome to see that this is going to be their first self-published work!
They're getting bigger as a company, and that means good things for all their properties. I really hope this is really successful! Maybe someday we'll get to see a new Little Tail Bronx game or something!
I see a mech and a kemonomimi. Hopefully it's the successor to Solatorobo.
Where do you see that? Are you talking about the screenshot of Tail Concerto, or...?

Inuhanyou

Whatever happened to that upcoming big scale open world RPG based on a anime? They were making it and recruiting people for it.

There was no 'big scale open world RPG based on an anime". Those were just words from their recruitment office.

"Open world", "RPG" "anime style"

Top Bottom