• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Modern Warfare Remastered includes campaign & 10 multiplayer maps

Can't I just buy COD4 separately?
Note how the MWR cover is just that - a cover.

It isn't in a box.

I wonder if this is just DLC that works and is accessed from within Infinite Warfare, or something like that.

Or just a digital download maybe, that you can buy separate but at higher price?

Either way at least this will mean they won't just keep recycling maps as DLC for new games, hate that.

Navid

If I had to chose 10, these would be it:

Vacant
Strike
Pipeline
Overgrown
Downpour
District
Crossfire
Crash
Ambush
Bloc

...was hard to have to leave Backlot and Countdown out.

As for maps, if I had to, I'd get rid of:

Bog
Chinatown (DLC)
Creek (DLC)
Killhouse (DLC)
Countdown
Showdown
Wetwork

.. which would leave 2 more to get rid of. Man that's tough.

Broadcast (DLC)
Bloc

Leaving:

Ambush
Backlot
Crash
Crossfire
District
Downpour
Overgrown
Shipment
Strike
Vacant
How could anyone get rid of bog, it was so good.

Alchemist

I'm wondering. If you can only get Modern Warfare Remastered with Infinite Warfare. And you only get 10 maps. Does that mean that the other 10 maps will come trough DLC? And does that mean that Modern Warfare Remastered DLC is also packaged with Infinite Warfare DLC? That would be really nasty. I'm planning to sell Infinite Warfare day one.

Now I'm worried.

I predict the following will happen when the new generation of CoD player plays Modern Warfare for the first time.

vhvuykm.jpg

COD Ghosts (last grounded COD) is not that old - it's new enough to be in current gen consoles.

Delt31

Hell yes! Been waiting for this. Who cares about infinite I probably would have paid 100 just for MW. In fact if anyone wants to buy my copy lmk!

Delt31

The older MW MP is still better by far than what they're putting out today. Much more straight forward and satisfying. And for those not expecting MP.... That would be nuts if they did that. Still can't believe uncharted released without it but then again SP is the pull for that game.

Alienous

The older MW MP is still better by far than what they're putting out today. Much more straight forward and satisfying. And for those not expecting MP.... That would be nuts if they did that. Still can't believe uncharted released without it but then again SP is the pull for that game.

Wait a second. What?

People really liked bloc? It was awful from my time on pc

I'd like to keep it for the sake of map variety, as it was pretty interesting, but I wouldn't be too sad to see it go.

It's amazing how companies find ways to sell you content you've already brought and probably make you rebuy the additional dlc along with it .

And I'm saying that leaves it open as to whether they include any new, additional maps.

"Contains 10 MP maps from the original game" - so there's more than 10 maps in total?

"Contains only 10 MP maps from the original game" - right, so the full package is SP + 10 MP maps from COD4.
this isn't about clarity, it's about advertising value. you only use 'only' if you want to show how little your product has, such as a price (only £10!), calories (only 500 calories per serving!) or exclusivity (only on the bandai wonderswan!).

Alienous

this isn't about clarity, it's about advertising value. you only use 'only' if you want to show how little your product has, such as a price (only £10!), calories (only 500 calories per serving!) or exclusivity (only on the bandai wonderswan!).

I understand the theory, but I trust that Activision's legal team has a reason for saying "only".

Alchemist

If there's no bs attached to the MW remaster, I'm literally just going to buy Infinite Warfare, take out the code and sell the game. CoD4 was perfect and unless they bring out MW2 remaster, I'll never need another Call of Duty game again.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Best campaign and i'm guessing a medley of MW trilogy maps? I hope the campaign is graphically updated in some way.

Come on, they have the manpower

They talk about Modern Warfare Remastered as if it's a standalone product, so I doubt that.
I'm guessing it may be bundle only and they don't want to split the playerbase between two games. Otherwise I don't see why would only release 10 maps. I get the feeling it will work like the first Halo Anniversary release where the multiplayer was a set of DLC maps for Halo Reach.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather they just release COD 4 as the only cod game this year. Do a DLC pack that has a few weapons and maps from MW2 to keep fans of that game happy and you would have the best COD since 2007.

Coffinhal

It's amazing how companies find ways to sell you content you've already brought and probably make you rebuy the additional dlc along with it .

It's not like you bought two times in a row the same object.

The game is 10 years old, so you must have bought it...10 years ago.
It released on older hardware that isn't used anymore*.
The community is dead*.
We don't know if it's full priced We don't even know if it's available as a standalone.
It seems to be more than a port (why have only 10 maps then?), so it's not a 1:1 copy, so not the same "content.
We don't know anything about a DLC.

*yeah I know about PC

So that's a pretty smart move marketing/strategy-wise for Activision in order to bring old fans and let the CoD4 legend be lived by new players. It's nothing like buying twice the same book at the same time because there is no reason. But I understand gaf needs the negativity and the bad faith 1 sentence/post.

Kolx

I'm still pissed at Activision for fucking Infinity ward. We could have got an enjoyable story like the one in MW and MW2. Instead we have now MW3 and that shti Ghost. COD used to be one of my favorite games. Now it's not even close.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm still pissed at Activision for fucking Infinity ward. We could have got an enjoyable story like the one in MW and MW2. Instead we have now MW3 and that shti Ghost. COD used to be one of my favorite games. Now it's not even close.

MW2 has an enjoyable story? What the hell does memory do to people

*edit* Not saying you can't enjoy the campaign after all, i can see how all the action and setpieces would be fun, but the story itself is complete nonsense

I'm guessing this will be a Halo Anniversary type deal...graphically upgraded campaign+MP with 10 upgraded maps...Infinite Warfare may share these maps with its own MP thus not splitting the player base...but then they would have to make a section specifically for CODMW1 gameplay..

Bishop89

No Mw2? Bloody hell. Oh well 4 is great still, but Mw2 would have been amazing.

Overgrown, crossfire better be part of the 10 maps!

Top Bottom