• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarted games you've been looking forward to play

Divinity Original Sin 2
Crypt Underworld
Frog Fractions 2...?
SCALE
Barkley 2

Made me realize Barkley 2's campaign happened almost 4 years ago, got damn.

Speely

Banned
Camelot Unchained, the only KS game I've backed so far.

I've backed a few, but this is the only one left. I haven't done anywhere near as much IT/Alpha stuff as I wanted, though.

Internet high-fives! Looking forward to this game more than I've looked forward to any game in quite some time. The development has been fascinating to follow and it's exciting having a developer so open and transparent with the community.

Shenmue, Ghost Song, and Torment: Tides of Numenera are others I am looking forward to.

council of the crows/ithaka of the clouds by jonas kyratzes. especially excited for this one since it's been 3 years (maybe longer?) since it was funded. jonas is an incredible writer and did fantastic work on his lands of dream games and the talos principle.

torment: tides of numenera because of planescape being one of my favorite games

knights and bikes as something for me and my girlfriend to look forward to playing together

thimbleweed park since I'm a huge ron gilbert/point & click adventure fan

omori since it's a very psychadelic/trippy anime version earthbound-like rpg for 3DS... I funded it before I even owned a 3DS.

already played broken age, armikrog, and wasteland 2.

Oooh Omori. Last I checked the dev went radio silent but they just posted an update at the start of the month claiming that the game will be released by Fall 2016 on PC and 2017 on 3DS. The tone of the post makes it sound like there has been serious feature creep. I am glad I talked myself out of this one.

Broken Age was good and I think that Thimbleweed Park will be better. I still haven't even tried my copies of Wasteland 2 (or Planescape: Torment). Someday I will get to them.

Rain World
Ghost Song
Witchmarsh
Doko Roko
CourteousCourageousIlsamochadegu.gif
ghostdong-noscale.jpg

witchmarsh2.jpg
4Aq2aox.png

_Ryo_

I didn't kickstart any of these but I really want to play Shenmue III and A Hat in Time, and Yooka-Laylee, as well as Thimbleweed Park.

woopWOOP

I backed a whole bunch of stuff when I had more money to blow, tho I honestly don't keep attention to updates to any of them. I have a small scrap of paper to remind me which games I backed at some point, lol.

Of those projects, Yooka-Laylee, Rain World and the new Shantae game are the ones I'm most looking forward to playing and actually anticipate their release/remember their existence. All three still get frequent updates so as of now I'm pretty positive about a succesful and timely launch for all of them.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Mupod

Ghost Song and Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden 2 mainly. Bloodstained is so far off I'm not thinking about it much.

DrArchon

I haven't backed that many games to be honest. Of the ones that haven't come out it's just:

Indivisible
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Mighty Number 9

That's it. Everything else I've backed has come out. I regret not backing Bloodstained because I'm getting unreasonably hyped for it, but I'm fine purchasing it when it comes out.

Mingledorff

Neo Member
I am so pumped for Yooka-Layla. Also Unsung Story, just because I wanna see what mess of a game comes out of that mess of a development cycle.

Maxim726X

Where the fuck is Mighty Number 9?

I'm not even sure I'm looking forward to it anymore, but I would love to play the fucking thing.

GutsOfThor

Shenmue 3. I'm still shocked that we are actually getting it. Don't think the reality will set in until I have the game in my hands.

muteki

Backed:
YookaLaylee
Shenmue 3
MuvLuv
Overload
Mighty No. 9.
Amplitude

I've enjoyed Amplitude and out of the rest on the list MuvLuv looks to be the least ethereal, release is in sight. Really looking forward to it.

YookaLaylee in theory is a fall game, but there hasn't been much seen of it past the initial campaign. Nothing concrete to get excited about yet.

Yooka Laylee is the only game I've ever put money towards on Kickstarter, so definitely that one!

Banjo Kazooie is probably my all time favorite game, so I'm curious to see how much I'll enjoy this one. I tried playing Banjo Tooie fairly recently for the first time and I just didn't like it half as much as the original, but that was because of some specific and hopefully avoidable issues (levels being excessively huge and hard to navigate, and bloat with the number of new and old moves you're suppose to remember split between Banjo+Kazooie/Banjo/Kazooie).

There are a lot of other Kickstarter that I've got my eyes on, but everyone else is covering those pretty well. That Rain World game looks especially amazing.
YookaLaylee in theory is a fall game, but there hasn't been much seen of it past the initial campaign. Nothing concrete to get excited about yet.
I kinda doubt it will come this year. One of the Kickstarter rewards was a kind if prototype demo level and there hasn't even been a mention of that coming out, let alone the FULL game coming out in 4-6 months.

Really hoping we hear something around E3 time.

sbkodama

The only one I'm looking forward is shenmue.

I can't wait to see how Yu Suzuky think about its free-rpg after all these years and so many others games which expanded the formula.

Nbz

Bloodstained and Ghost Song are the only 2 I've backed! Hopefully the latter is out soon, been waiting on that one a while!

mhayes86

Pillars of Eternity. I backed it because I love the classic Infinity Engine games, but I'm still using a budget laptop that can't run most games, so I haven't actually been able to play it.

Bloodstained
Yooka-Laylee
A Hat in Time
Torment
Heart Forth, Alicia

I kind of stopped caring about Mighty No. 9.

Ghost Song

It was Kickstarted in 2013, hopefully it's out this year. It's as close to a new 2D Metroid game as we're going to get.

I backed that and completely forgot about it.

A Hat in Time

Yooka-Laylee

I really want an old-school 3D platformer, hopefully one of these two will deliver.

Obduction

Since Riven is one of my favorite media consumptions of all time... I can't wait for this to come out. Hoping to resist internet help since taking an entire year (off and on) to finish Riven was beyond satisfying.

I've also backed Paradise Lost, Mage's Initiation, and Hero-U but I tend to forget about them.

woopWOOP

Just follow the games on Kickstarter, then they'll show up on your Starred page
I suppose that'd be way more efficient, tho I have a couple of indiegogo backed projects too so I'm gonna hold on to this scrap :p

After checking my list it seems like 4 other projects are forever unfinished or as good as dead. Sucks, but I suppose that's the gamble of backing projects.

muteki

Is Yooka Laylee really coming out in October?
That was the original estimate at least.

I kinda doubt it will come this year. One of the Kickstarter rewards was a kind if prototype demo level and there hasn't even been a mention of that coming out, let alone the FULL game coming out in 4-6 months.

Really hoping we hear something around E3 time.
If this were coming from a large studio with a more typical development cycle, I'd think it would be justified to expect a delay given how much has been shown so far. But it's not so who knows. I'd like to see some actual game footage soon as well.

adj_noun

Let's see, what's on my list

Torment, duh.

Cosmic Star Heroine

The Mandate, though whether or not that sucker is ever coming out, I dunno

Dreamfall Chapters whenever they release it on console

Battletech, natch

That Two Guys Spaceventure thing has been more of an ongoing trainwreck to watch than a game to anticipate

cereal_killerxx

Video Games:
Yooka-Laylee and maybe Shenmue if I ever get around to playing the first two

Board Games:
Nova Cry Redux, Thief's Market, Outsider, and Random Encounters

Top Bottom