• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

yTaYYAS.png

HLepZ0y.jpg

Shadow Complex Remastered
- jshackles
Shadow Complex was originally released as an Xbox 360 exclusive in 2009 to much critical acclaim. PC gamers have been clamoring of years hoping that ChAIR would release the game on Steam, and this month those prayers are answered. The game will feature up-rezzed textures, updated visuals, Steam achievements, trading cards, and Steam-integrated leaderboards. The game was briefly available in December for those that didn’t mind using the Epic game launcher, but having it available on Steam is great for those that missed the promotion or want the Steam-integrated features.

The game itself is a non-linear exploration side-scrolling game inspired by Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You’re free to move about the map to collect new weapons and power-ups, which will unlock even more locations to explore. As you progress through the story, your character will be given experience points and level up which will boost certain attributes. The game does a surprisingly good job at making you feel weak at the beginning and all-powerful by the end.

The story involves Jason Fleming (voiced by Nolan North) and his girlfriend Claire backpacking in the wilderness when they suddenly stumble upon a secret military organization’s base and Claire gets kidnapped. You set out to infiltrate the base to save your girlfriend, only to uncover the plot of a global conspiracy with dark political motives headed up by a madman. The game has two different endings, and the alternate (non-canonical) ending is one of my favorites in all video game history.

Be sure to pick up Shadow Complex when it hits Steam on May 3rd, especially if you’ve not had the chance to play it before.

The House in Fata Morgana
- Varza
A Gothic Suspense set in a cursed mansion. "The House in Fata Morgana is a full-length that deals with tragedy, human deeds and insanity. (Visual Novel)

You awaken in a decrepit old mansion and you're greeted by a maid informing you that you are the master of the mansion and that she is your maid. You don't have any memories or any clues of who you are or if you're even alive. The maid invites you to join her on a journey through the mansion lifeless halls and take a look through time at the numerous tragedies that happened to the residents of the mansion. She suggests that perhaps after witnessing these incidents you'll find some traces of yourself.

The game features 8 endings and multiple dead ends and the playtime should be around 20 hours. There is also a Deluxe Edition which should be available on Steam which gives you the OST with 68 tracks which is worth 4 cds. You may listen to the sample tracks here.

DOOM
- MRORANGE
I don't know much about this game, but it looks pretty good.

Stellaris
- Nzyme32
Stellaris is a combination of 4X and Grand Strategy set in the vast wonders of space on a galactic scale. The game is brought to you by Paradox Development Studios, who are best known for their successful Grand Strategy games such as Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, which have typically been historically based. In Stellaris you create your own race with an absurd amount of customisation, right down to their traits and philosophies that drive them, sending them on a journey to expand beyond their home world to do as you see fit. The galaxy you explore can consist of 1000s of solar systems, each with their own sets of planets and Alien life, and is set to have in excess of 44 computer controlled players along with many more other life forms. The openness of the game is quite absurd, with all manner of possibilities available to you for expansion, discovery and evolution of your race, and many quests and dilemmas to face you on your journey.

Unlike their previous games, Paradox Development Studios are promising a much easier learning curve for newcomers to 4X and Grand Strategy thanks to a much more thorough and pervasive tutorial system and the gradual expansion from early game 4X gameplay, into late game Grand Strategy and diplomacy that is quite different to their prior games, mixing up gameplay to make sure things are not so simple within your Empire.

THdtbRc.jpg
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
6DGEBFt.jpg
6DGEBFt.jpg

anvsCf6.jpg

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

For the new page with updated Spreadsheetedness!!!

Right then boys and girls seeing as this is a pain in the arse to do in game let's try this...

Google Form to Submit Your Details

**Spreadsheet**

If you need to grab your permalink Steam ID check your profile under Enhanced Steam or on AStats. If you can't or struggle to find it don't worry I'm going to clean up the Spreadsheet before posting it as it's open to the public to make things easier so will more than likely full of rubbish that needs tidying up.

4 but who's counting? Well unless you made a mistake :p

MRORANGE

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

modbot linked btw!

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That's a stellar write-up on Doom, mr. Orange

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we know the price of shadow complex yet? surely not 20 like it was initially?

Tellaerin

Hey! No fair pulling the old thread out from under me while I was replying to a post. :p

"As I was saying..." </Arnim Zola>

Meaning it spent all of five minutes in QA, and we should wait for modders to release an unofficial patch to fix all the bugs? :p

We didn't need another launcher to begin with. If they start forcing us to use this one, the least they can do is to make sure it's not a bugridden mess.

Ozium

comes out of Early Access on May 5. has good reviews.. it's a first person puzzle game about programming, you go around and mess w/ logic gates and other things to progress..

I played a little of it in Alpha, but have been waiting for the full release.. It was in a couple of bundles, maybe you own it.

bbd23

where the overwatch write up! :p

Im still wondering if I should pick up doom for the single player or not. maybe if I can find a good deal somewhere

Jawmuncher

My write up on Doom would have just been a link to E1M1, personally.

tumblr_momca85jwb1r2taoub2.gif

God Damn, gets me every time. When I play the reboot, i'm just gonna run this in the background the entire time.

Get that shit out of here. It's all slow and shit. Best thing from Doom so far has been the artwork.

Hello Steam thread

What happened to the cute avatar. We can't do anything with a book.

where the overwatch write up! :p

Im still wondering if I should pick up doom for the single player or not. maybe if I can find a good deal somewhere

I'll be renting it since Redbox will have it. MP was alright, but it's not something i'll be spending time with.

Phinor

At least three triple A traps this month: Battleborn, DOOM, Homefront. Obviously I hope all three are great but odds are against that.

I may have bought Battleborn anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom