• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

PsychBat!

Banned
DD2015007002-200-6885b.jpg
I like Matteo Buffagni's in Daredevil I do. But is it worth it to keep going after #3?

tim1138

Is there a good way to get into Johns's GL run? Omnibus aside? Like is there a definitive collection set or reading order?

Rebirth
No Fear
Revenge of the Green Lanterns
Wanted: Hal Jordan
Sinestro Corps War
Rage of the Red Lanterns
Secret Origin
Agent Orange
Blackest Night
Green Lantern Blackest Night
Green Lantern Brightest Day
War of the Green Lanterns
Sinestro
Revenge of the Black Hand

two options for the end:

The End
-or-
Rise of the Third Army
Wrath of the First Lantern

Johns stuff during the last two crossovers is pretty self contained so you can skip them if you want.

diaspora

MJ can be such a frustrating character to like, just read the latest ASM preview and it has
Peter acting like a chump in front of her.
Also some of the games she plays with him are pretty harsh

Maybe it's just Peter I'm frustrated with and the power he lets MJ hold over him.

As stupid as OMD may have been, splitting them up was one of the best things to happen to ASM for this very reason.

Echo's said it's improved but I feel like you could spend your time and money on Miller's stuff and be way happier with your decision

There is honestly no reason for anyone to expose themselves to Daredevil 1-5, I'd recommend anyone who wants to try it just start with the recently released #6. It's a massive step up.

Nudull

Banned
I should've listened to you people when Secret Avengers was still around. Two issues into Kot's run, and it is brilliant.

Owzers

Wrestling tonight has made me want to read more comics, at least with comics there is hope.

well, Image comics at least.

Owzers

Heck is part of the IDW sale, i really liked that one. A lot. It's $5 and is by Zander Cannon of Zander Cannon fame, the guy who made Heck.

IDW and Joshua Williamson sale on Comixology.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale

What's worth picking up? I recall some good things about Richard Starks's Parker; but unfamiliar with the rest

Haven't ready any of that stuff myself, but whatsinaname recommends Parker pretty often and I know Tim likes Essex County so they seem like solid choices. I've heard good things about Birthright too.

Unreleated, but I see that The Eyes of the Cat is on sale so I'm gonna get that. Never read anything with Moebius on art so I figure I can't go wrong for $2

I'd like to start reading the Batman New 52 trades and was wondering what's best to pick up? So far I have Court and City of Owls and was looking into getting the rest of Snyder's stuff but my question is are the other trades necessary to understand what's going on? The stuff like Detective Comics Vol 1 or Batman: The Dark Knight and so on.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone know what I might be able to buy an official version of this poster?

Dm7QNqx.jpg

Found a couple of websites that have it but I fear that they might be selling versions that they scanned and printed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wohooo, the TV I wanted to buy is in a 300€ Cashback deal and I think I will buy him later today :)

Uncharted 4 on 50 inch <3

List:

Klaus 5
Weavers 1

Unfollow 7

Rat Queens 16 (RIP)
Walking Dead 154

A-Force 5
Amazing Spider-Man 12
Black Widow 3
Captain America: Sam Wilson 9
Daredevil Punisher 1
Invincible Iron Man 9
Moon Knight 2
New Avengers 11
Nova 7
Punisher 1
Rocket Raccoon and Groot 5
Scarlet Witch 6
Spider-Gwen 8 (Crossover)
Spider-Man 2099 10
Thunderbolts 1
Uncanny X-Men 7

VanWinkle

Rebirth
No Fear
Revenge of the Green Lanterns
Wanted: Hal Jordan
Sinestro Corps War
Rage of the Red Lanterns
Secret Origin
Agent Orange
Blackest Night
Green Lantern Blackest Night
Green Lantern Brightest Day
War of the Green Lanterns
Sinestro
Revenge of the Black Hand

two options for the end:

The End
-or-
Rise of the Third Army
Wrath of the First Lantern

Johns stuff during the last two crossovers is pretty self contained so you can skip them if you want.

Would be a shame to miss out on some of the Green Lantern Corps issues contained within the omnis, though.

I'd like to start reading the Batman New 52 trades and was wondering what's best to pick up? So far I have Court and City of Owls and was looking into getting the rest of Snyder's stuff but my question is are the other trades necessary to understand what's going on? The stuff like Detective Comics Vol 1 or Batman: The Dark Knight and so on.

Pick up Batman by Snyder and Capullo, the main series. The others aren't necessary.

HOWEVER, I highly suggest also picking up Batman and Robin (starts with this: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Robin-Vol-Born-Kill/dp/1401238386/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462171581&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+and+robin+vol+1). It's wonderful.

Calcium

Banned

Buy the entire Snyder/Capullo run. I can't really think of any arcs in the run worth skipping, it's all good. Batman & Robin is also really good if you want more Batbooks, give Born To Kill a shot.

Top Bottom