• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: CoD price increase to £60 for standard edition?

AHA-Lambda

Amazon UK has Infinite Warfare up for pre order at £59.99 for both XB1 and PS4

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EUPD0T8/

For comparison sake the Legacy Edition is £80.

Now this could be a placeholder price admittedly but the strange thing is I can't find any other site with the game available for pre-order yet, plus Steam has no option for pre-order yet despite listing all the different editions, AND the official CoD site does not list any UK options for pre-ordering the standard edition.

This also would not be the first time CoD has been raising price, back when MW2 launched they paved the way for price increases to £45 from £40.

Lock if old.

Plum

I'd gladly pay £20 for MW.

But I guess I gotta wait until Activision sell it on it's own.

Yeah, if IW was £40 and the Legacy Edition was £60 then sure. Not when you're basically paying for another full price game by regular pricing standards. I really, really hope this is just a placeholder price but I'm doubting it.

Memory

Its likely a place order, like every single other Amazon early price listing. I buy my physical almost exclusively from Amazon, I have never been charged the early listing price.

Portugeezer

Check closer to launch, probably a temporary price (although from MW2, Activision tried selling COD games for higher). Games this gen have been more expensive, but not £60.

Rellik

Xbox

2016-05-0222_00_08-cauds51.png

LewieP

Just buy it from US PSN for ~£41, or with MW Remastered for ~£55 (Edit: less if you keep an eye out for cheap PSN credit).

Or wait for a different retailer to stock it for less. Typically Sainsburys or Tesco have it at a good price.

AHA-Lambda

It may well be a placeholder but it's still strangely uncharacteristic from Amazon
Don't think I've ever seen them price a base game at £60?

Plum

It may well be a placeholder but it's still strangely uncharacteristic from Amazon
Don't think I've ever seen them price a base game at £60?

Yeah, for the games that haven't had prices revealed yet the placeholder prices are usually £40-£50, never more. Pokemon Sun and Moon have £40 listings despite being 3DS games because it's just a placeholder, for example.

Top Bottom