• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Details E3 Plans

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just want new Xbox and Forza Horizon 3.
And maybe Phil can sneak into Sony's prep and jack the Call of Duty showing so I can watch the Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay at 1 PM instead of 9 PM.

benedictm

Banned
I don;t understand why Microsoft don;t go after Sony so they can respond to any big Sony stuff.

Not with new games or anything obvs but they can at least address stuff to make them sound more competitive

mike4001_

I just want new Xbox and Forza Horizon 3.
And maybe Phil can sneak into Sony's prep and jack the Call of Duty showing so I can watch the Modern Warfare Remastered gameplay at 1 PM instead of 9 PM.

God no ....

I am so glad they don´t waste 10-15 minutes with Call of Duty again like we basically did every year.

(Just IMHO of course)

EYEL1NER

I'm down to watch it.
My hopes:
-Some kind of CapCom fighter, be it Darkstalkers, CapCom Vs ?, or whatever
-Halo Wars 2 massive info dump
-Sunset Overdrive 2
-Forza Horizon 3
-Large Backwards Compatibility update
-Maybe an Elite controller price drop?
-Some big Crackdown 3 news, including offline play info
-Cuphead release date + announcement of Special Edition release with physical disk and a Cuphead mug or something

My fears:
-An upgraded/Neo console
-A big focus on DLC content for games that are out or are coming out soon (Killer Instinct characters, Season Pass info for Gears, new Halo 5 content which I do want but don't particularly want a focus on in place of new games, etc)
-A ton of talking about other media than games (TV shows, apps, whatever)

I'm looking forward to what Microsoft has to offer or show this e3. With Sony, we pretty much know what to expect based upon their trends.

If there's some solid looking Rare titles and if Gears of War 4 is not coming to pc, then I may look at getting an XBONE.

This coming from someone that doesn't own an XBONE or PS4.

Hoping for a Crackdown 3 PC confirmation. Plus FH3.

Then I can scrap the rusty old Xbone!

At this point i wouldnt be shocked anymore... It just feels like Microsoft doesnt care anymore about having games exclusive for the console.

Gears 4 will be another one.

My fears:
-An upgraded/Neo console

Why? You are not forced to buy the upgraded Console. But some people would really love to have a strong Xbox Console again.

Ombala

Expect alot of Win10 talk it will be more of a Windows 10 event and the biggest thing for the Xbox brand will be the slim model announcement.

With no info on Halo Wars 2, I wonder if it will be delayed. There's enough games in Fall/Holiday for me to play that I would be all for a delay.

Trup1aya

At this point i wouldnt be shocked anymore... It just feels like Microsoft doesnt care anymore about having games exclusive for the console.

Gears 4 will be another one.

Why? You are not forced to buy the upgraded Console. But some people would really love to have a strong Xbox Console again.

I'm fearful of how it will impact developers ability to give each console their proper attention...

They've already got enough on their plate when it comes to making decent ports across all platforms.

I'd be all for Crackdown and FH3 being on PC with cross-play. Having the game exclusive to the console really shouldn't matter to the person playing it. Just play the game where you want to play. Better to have large playerbases to support the titles longevity than to have ammunition for listwars.

labaronx

Beginning:
Windows 10 talk
Slim Console at $299
Maybe a hybrid controller

3rd party presentation:
Fifa
Madden
Titanfall 2
Maybe a few more

Live gameplay demos 7 to 10 min each:
Gears 4
Halo 5 new dlc and maps
Scalebound.. 2017 release date
Crackdown ... release date
Cuphead ...release date (finally)
Sea of theives... release date
Halo wars 2.... release date

I believe crackdown or sea of thieves release this fall and the other drops to 2017... id perfer crackdown this fall

New games???
Forza horizon 3
Reintroduce recore
Dead rising 4
Shangheist???

At this point i honestly have no idea what microsoft would be willing to resurrect

This would be a pretty good show in my opinion

Trup1aya

more likely the opposite of this. their pc gaming push doesn't seem to be going so well.

They aren't going to abandon it, though. On the contrary, They've got a Windows 10 update that should address many of the performance issues people have been running into. They'll probably talk about that, and show some UWP games running on PC. So, no, I'd be surprised if we don't see plenty of PC stuff from them at e3.

They aren't going to abandon it, though. On the contrary, They've got a Windows 10 update that should address many of the performance issues people have been running into. They'll probably talk about that, and show some UWP games running on PC. So, no, I'd be surprised if we don't see plenty of PC stuff from them at e3.

Yeah, from what I heard they're using Forza Apex as a ground-up test of UWP & the Windows Store as a testbed for games development and distribution on Windows 10. I'd expect a lot of feedback from Turn 10 to get implemented in the Anniversary Update coming later this year.

Admodieus

Beginning:
Windows 10 talk
Slim Console at $299
Maybe a hybrid controller

3rd party presentation:
Fifa
Madden
Titanfall 2
Maybe a few more

Live gameplay demos 7 to 10 min each:
Gears 4
Halo 5 new dlc and maps
Scalebound.. 2017 release date
Crackdown ... release date
Cuphead ...release date (finally)
Sea of theives... release date
Halo wars 2.... release date

I believe crackdown or sea of thieves release this fall and the other drops to 2017... id perfer crackdown this fall

New games???
Forza horizon 3
Reintroduce recore
Dead rising 4
Shangheist???

At this point i honestly have no idea what microsoft would be willing to resurrect

This would be a pretty good show in my opinion

This sounds pretty plausible. There will probably be a Backwards Compatibility announcement, something like Red Dead

JClarke

Banned
My expectations have never been lower.

For some reason I just sense Microsoft have admitted defeat this gen already and are looking to coast.

I don't understand how a powerhouse like microsoft is failing to find talented developers to create new, exciting titles?

Have Sony and Nintendo got a monopoly on talent or is there a lack of it in the industry at the moment ?

For some reason I just sense Microsoft have admitted defeat this gen already and are looking to coast.

I don't understand how a powerhouse like microsoft is failing to find talented developers to create new, exciting titles?

Have Sony and Nintendo got a monopoly on talent or is there a lack of it in the industry at the moment ?
What? Lmao

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Nintendo will have one game at E3 (another Zelda) and what have Sony done recently except (another) Uncharted?

EYEL1NER

I'm not worried about having to buy another console, I am concerned about possible effects it could have on the console gaming industry and the games we get. There are too many unknowns and too many what-ifs at this point. The only thing even slightly similar to this from a company that we can look at is the New 3DS which doesn't fill me with any confidence at all. That is fine if people think they need a more powerful Xbox console; I do not think it is necessary. I enjoy the games I am playing on my console now. I am waiting for a powerful Microsoft console but can wait another couple years for MS to decide that the generation has ended for them.

Flintty

It's a bit early for a Halo6 tease. I'd say e3 2017. But a H5 expansion would be nice.

Oh yeah it's way too early to tease it but that's what they did with Halo 5, Scalebound and Phantom Dust etc. Trying to get that hype too early.

I wouldn't complain though, cos it's Halo :)

blakep267

I'd only find myself interested in Forza Horizon 3 if it takes place in like Japan or another Asian country. I'm just not interested in the US or Europe anymore

I personally find Cuphead to be more exciting than almost anything coming from both Sony and Nintendo right now.

I also have a feeling Scalebound is going to end up as one of the best games of this generation for action / adventure fans.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'd only find myself interested in Forza Horizon 3 if it takes place in like Japan or another Asian country. I'm just not interested in the US or Europe anymore

I would be interested in Forza Horizon 3 either way but I would definitely prefer an Asian country as the setting too (like Japan).

More city tracks, more diverse music, colorful UI/presentation, etc. I would be very pumped for that.

Yoday

I'd like to see either Asia or South America. Honestly though I would like to see a globe trotting game with several smaller maps.

Zeta Oni

I personally find Cuphead to be more exciting than almost anything coming from both Sony and Nintendo right now.

I also have a feeling Scalebound is going to end up as one of the best games of this generation for action / adventure fans.

Glad I'm not the only one.

JClarke

Banned
Nintendo will have one game at E3 (another Zelda) and what have Sony done recently except (another) Uncharted?

I've had the fortune to play the new uncharted early and whilst I'm not really a fan of the series, this one is undeniably good, and comparing that to the Gears Beta (not the best comparison) really shows the difference in talent. To me at least.

With quantum break being so poorly received, atleast in comparison to many peoples expectations I honestly struggle to see where MS can reliably place their hat when it comes to quality.

Sony and Nintendo just don't seem to have this problem. To me atleast

JaggedSac

I hope that they announce Halo MP as a separate entity from campaign releases. Use current 5 content/features as baseline and improve add from here. I'd much rather have the mp as a games as a service.

labaronx

I've had the fortune to play the new uncharted early and whilst I'm not really a fan of the series, this one is undeniably good, and comparing that to the Gears Beta (not the best comparison) really shows the difference in talent. To me at least.

With quantum break being so poorly received, atleast in comparison to many peoples expectations I honestly struggle to see where MS can reliably place their hat when it comes to quality.

Probably Halo... and while 5 was a little underwhelming at first its still a damn fine game

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

skipping over the fact you compared a multiplayer beta six months from release to Uncharted 4 let's just wait and see what the games they've announced actually look and play like before you throw in the towel for them, yeah?

Would not be the least bit surprised if the Crackdown 3 multiplayer beta hits immediately following the E3 conference, with the full game launching around august.

philipnash19

Neo Member
You guys forgetting announcement of Halo Wars 2 Beta? Didn't Bonnie Ross say all halo games will have Betas from now on? Or was that just for the main titles.

SpotAnime

I'm kinda with you. I don't think what we're going to see this E3 will be anything we didn't already know. I think their presentation will be all games, games games with a couple of exceptions.

• Open with Gears 4 cinematic with live gameplay demo following
  • Turn10 with Forza Horizon 3 intro and demo, holiday 2016 release
  • Now will be a good time to talk about ID@XBOX games, with some Cuphead live gameplay and release date
  • Some stuff about their Windows 10 integration and some UWA announcements
  • Cloud services spiel and segway into Crackdown multiplayer beta (available F2P now! single player 2017)
  • Titanfall 2 demo, something about maps timed exclusivity and/or EA Access integration
  • Sea of Thieves gameplay demo, 2017 release
  • 343i demo of Halo Wars 2, holiday 2016

Then, the "Oh, just one more thing" moment. Either (in order of likelihood):

1. Continuing tradition and a segway from the 343i demo, a cinematic teaser for Halo 6, coming holiday 2017.
2. Xbox Slim/II/One.5 unveiled, but it will have to be for holiday 2016 - any new HW announcement ahead of the holiday but not released during it will kill sales of existing hardware
3. MS/Oculus partnership, and Rift being compatible with the Xbox One. Could be any VR vendor, really, but since MS owns part of Facebook and they are already supplying the controller, an Oculus deal seems more likely.

Again, nothing too crazy. I think MS will play it safe and concentrate on what's in their pipeline at the moment, while behind the scenes they will be gearing up for the next hardware launch.

I'm kinda with you. I don't think what we're going to see this E3 will be anything we didn't already know. I think their presentation will be all games, games games with a couple of exceptions.

• Now will be a good time to talk about ID@XBOX games, with some Cuphead live gameplay and release date
  • Cloud services spiel and segway into Crackdown multiplayer beta (available F2P now! single player 2017)
  • Titanfall 2 demo, something about maps timed exclusivity and/or EA Access integration

1. Continuing tradition and a segway from the 343i demo, a cinematic teaser for Halo 6, coming holiday 2017.
2. Xbox Slim/II/One.5 unveiled, but it will have to be for holiday 2016 - any new HW announcement ahead of the holiday but not released during it will kill sales of existing hardware
3. MS/Oculus partnership, and Rift being compatible with the Xbox One. Could be any VR vendor, really, but since MS owns part of Facebook and they are already supplying the controller, an Oculus deal seems more likely.

Again, nothing too crazy. I think MS will play it safe and concentrate on what's in their pipeline at the moment, while behind the scenes they will be gearing up for the next hardware launch.

Don't expect anything on Halo 6 this year. It's all eyes on Gears this year. And I would be extremely surprised if Sea of Thieves is not launching this year.

rrc1594

Not happening

Top Bottom