• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA DICE Environment Artist Recreates Bloodborne’s Environment In Unreal Engine 4

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
EA DICE’s environment artist, Simon Barle, has been experimenting with Unreal Engine 4 and has recreated Bloodborne’s “Hunter’s Dream” location in Epic Games’ engine.

Video

Screens
simon-barle-huntersdream-01.jpg

simon-barle-huntersdream-02.jpg

simon-barle-huntersdream-06.jpg
More at the Source
http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...s-bloodbornes-environment-in-unreal-engine-4/

Comparison.
Looks incredibly accurate to me. Dude is incredibly talented.

Stuff like this kinda drives me nuts. Especially if it's a Half life 2 recreation, like you're getting a glimpse of what could be but never will be reality.

Great work.

bsp

Stuff like this kinda drives me nuts. Especially if it's a Half life 2 recreation, like you're getting a glimpse of what could be but never will be reality.

Great work.

Looks much better than the actual game.

UE4 is a beast.

Important to remember that scenes done for a portfolio are not always the same as scenes done for a real game. In stuff like this you try to go all out and are not worrying about run-time performance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now, do it in Frostbite so we can compare/contrast? :x

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ironically the hunter's dream is probably the only place where the CA is appropriate, would really contrast it with rest of the game.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Looks incredible without the awful chromatic aberration.

*sigh*

Some comparison, original first:

z9lT5Cl.jpg

It has nice IQ and has more polys in places, but it's not like the original one is ugly either.

This is a marketing screenshot, though, heavily touched-up. Hunter's Dream in-game actually looks like

bloodborne_2015040221djuu8.jpg

Aikidoka

Looks awesome. I really think FromSoft would be better off licensing an engine like UE4 and taking advantage of all the support it has. Unfortunately, their coding skills are not able to do their masterful designs justices and i think any steps they could make to take advantage of already existing tools would be very worthwhile. Of course, I don't know much about UE4 so maybe it wouldn't actually make things easier.

gfdoom

Looks awesome. I really think FromSoft would be better off licensing an engine like UE4 and taking advantage of all the support it has. Unfortunately, their coding skills are not able to do their masterful designs justices and i think any steps they could make to take advantage of already existing tools would be very worthwhile. Of course, I don't know much about UE4 so maybe it wouldn't actually make things easier.

are you actually saying that their games Bloodbourne and DS3 doesn't look good as it is now???? wuuuuuut?!!!!

Top Bottom