• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th Anniversary Sakura Taisen x Granblue Fantasy Collab Event May 13 - May 22

Shun

Art renders are up.

ugXmTXE.png

MSxEuTA.png

IAGJEGo.png

jn8Weva.png

Shun

Event starts in 1 hour!

HOLY SHIT KOUBU OUGI AND KOUBU HYPE...

This event is so legit.

JAnSdwk.jpg

7lEusoU.jpg

AdKahI2.jpg

eu647bw.png

qhrCFZM.jpg

x3GLRr1.jpg

8sXkSv6.jpg

A6aUDGV.jpg

I need a new Sakura Taisen so bad now. (꒦ິ⌑꒦ີ)

Shun

Man those are some sweet Koubu.

It just blows my mind how these series never actually came to the West

I think you got number 5. nothing else tho.

which is a shame because the series is really good and popular. definitely one of Sega's best if not best franchises.

Precursor to the Valkyria Chronicles series battle system and everything.

I could only hope we get more Sakura Taisen and Valkyria in the future. Those two series are a match made.

I think you got number 5. nothing else tho.

which is a shame because the series is really good and popular. definitely one of Sega's best if not best franchises.

Precursor to the Valkyria Chronicles series battle system and everything.

I could only hope we get more Sakura Taisen and Valkyria in the future. Those two series are a match made.

Yeah i know about 5, it's just that it came really late and didn't have the proper advertising.

I agree with you about the series.It's also for me one of the best series of Sega.
I bought all of them, even the first 4 for the dreamcast xD.It's a shame though that it's hard to find any community threads on the net.
I have so many things in my mind I want to discuss with other people but i don't know where :p.All the threads i found are dead or very old :/

Ramune

I'm currently playing Sakura Wars 5 on Wii.
It's a pity all the other SW games were never released outside Japan.

To think that the last mainline Sakura Wars was released 11 years ago and the last SW game on a dedicated game system was released in 2008...

Gawd Dayum! Put into perspective like this....that was quite a while ago! O_O;
I'll look into the PC app then. I don't wanna miss out on this!

kiryogi

Banned
This is like the first original scenario content for ST in ages. Collab or not, there's definitely fun bits of nods and nostalgia all over the place.

Can't help but wonder how the actors feel reprising their roles like this.

I admit when I heard the Sakura Taisen fanfare for after battle, I literally had tears of happiness.

is there any way to change the text for this event to English? if not is there a translation somewhere that i can read? thanks in advance

Koren

So which ST fans here have the Chronicle box or Kayou show DVDS :D
I have the Chronicle box (some great books, especially the huge one, but I'm foremost really fond of the laser-engraved Koubu... And I have both maps framed on wall).

OTOH, I never found the Kayou show DVDs. I wished I had searched them earlier. I've plently of other products, though... injection kits, plently of books, watch, music box, pens, plushies, cushions, CD collections, TCG, etc. I spend far too much time in the Sakura Taisen Shop / Café in Ikebukuro... I even went there for my 29th birthday, since I didn't have much place to go when I was alone in Tokyo.

Draikin 2

I'm not familiar with Granblue Fantasy (I'm only playing this now for the Sakura Wars crossover), so perhaps someone can shed some light on this. I completed each of the three character's event stories (4 episodes each) and I thought that was it. But apparently that's not the case, as I haven't seen this before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWP4bRuk6g

I'm guessing this is a character specific quest? Can those still be accessed after the event is over? Even so, the problem is I wouldn't be able to acquire these characters anyway in the time that's left...

Shun

I'm not familiar with Granblue Fantasy (I'm only playing this now for the Sakura Wars crossover), so perhaps someone can shed some light on this. I completed each of the three character's event stories (4 episodes each) and I thought that was it. But apparently that's not the case, as I haven't seen this before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWP4bRuk6g

I'm guessing this is a character specific quest? Can those still be accessed after the event is over? Even so, the problem is I wouldn't be able to acquire these characters anyway in the time that's left...

That is just an archive of the Fate Episode after you complete it. Every character's scenario that you finish has an archive you can go to rematch it.

Top Bottom