• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90s Arcade Racer seemingly cancelled for Wii U and PC

woopWOOP

Sucks, because it's something I'd totally buy for a console and the WiiU is the only recent one I have.

Atleast I didn't back the Kickstarter for it, then I'd be pretty pissed.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Worst yet, is that Nicalis hasn't said anything. Is there any way at all to get in contact with the developer? IIRC, it's just one guy, right?

The developer did refund a few people without a lot of fuss, so he hasn't gone completely underground, but if you're not a backer there's probably no point trying to talk to anyone, they're not going to reply.

Superfrog

imagen7lj8.jpeg

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/760250988712177664

Huh.. Out of nowhere. No further comments from them yet (which is no surprise).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'm glad the PC version is still coming out.

The Giant

Banned
Why do indie devs even bother getting their games published by Nicalis? They should go to more reliable indie publishers.

Vitacat

I get no WiiU, but PC? Why? Surely PC is capable of running it, and there are many PC gamers out there.

EDIT: oh, never mind. PC still happening.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wondered why games published by Nicalis go into some kind of limbo hell. Is it because they're incompetent ? Is it due to developer woes ? Do they just love Valve Time ? It just seems strange that every single fuckin thing they're involved with takes forever to actually come out and I honestly don't understand why. Genuine question.

Zendoc

I've always wondered why games published by Nicalis go into some kind of limbo hell. Is it because they're incompetent ? Is it due to developer woes ? Do they just love Valve Time ? It just seems strange that every single fuckin thing they're involved with takes forever to actually come out and I honestly don't understand why. Genuine question.

Their answers ? : it's NintendoEU/Valve/SonyUS/whoever fault.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Damn you Shiggy, thought we had a news bump... of course I should've known better with fuckin' Nicalis involved
WORST. PUBLISHER. EVER.

Shiggy

Damn you Shiggy, thought we had a news bump... of course I should've known better with fuckin' Nicalis involved
WORST. PUBLISHER. EVER.

Sorry about it. I was just baffled by the creator of the Kickstarter just starting a new project without giving updates on this one.

woopWOOP

So why does publishing by Nicalis take so long? Apparently they're known for it, but does anybody know the reason?

@MUWANdo

Banned
No news (sorry!) but I just noticed the SteamDB for this game indicates someone is still working on this game as of October 13, but where are the updates? Neither Nicalis nor the developer have clarified the situation surrounding this game and it's been 11 months(!) since the developer updated his KS page. What the hell?

https://steamdb.info/app/260830/history/

Like, if I was to guess Nicalis probably told the developer to not do any PR or marketing. Then they probably have proceeded to do no PR or marketing themselves. Most likely the game will just be released one day with a couple days of heads up in a tweet or something.

VariantX

The developer's other game on Steam (The Takeover) got another update today.

I'm pretty sure he's mostly working on that while 90s Arcade Racer is stuck in typical Nicalis hell.

Yeah, it's 100% on me when I found out Nicalis was involved and should have gotten out while I still could given their rep. Everything else ive backed has either provided updates, footage, or a playable alpha /beta version at reasonable intervals. This game goes dark for several months with no communication whatsoever. It's not like they're adding a bunch of stuff in secret to the game, they're just not communicating. I totally forget that I backed the game until I get a email or this threa gets bumped.

Top Bottom