• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden is €9.99 for the first time on EU PSN.

Piccoro

Looks like this is a permanent price drop as I am not seeing it in any of the sales or specifying when the price date will end.

If that is so I may wait for it to go on special.

Yes, it's a permanent price drop. Good because I can't buy it right now. This month was too heavy on the wallet...

Ok you've all convinced me to buy it :) just to be sure, do I need to have any knowledge of the previous games story/lore before I jump into this? Or is it all self contained.

Thanks!

EloKa

Ok you've all convinced me to buy it :) just to be sure, do I need to have any knowledge of the previous games story/lore before I jump into this? Or is it all self contained.

Thanks!

P4G is the only Persona I've played until now and the game is fully build on its own. No ties to the previous games or whatsoever. The only connection is similar gameplay.

javac

I bought this game the day it came out, never played it and sold my vita. I still have the game. The length of jrpg's put me off. Never played a Persona game, maybe one day?

IvorB

GAF is always going on about this game + I need a new game on Vita + It's going for pennies = I should probably buy it.

Bought the original PS2 version when it first came out with OST and still haven't touched it.

Bought the Vita version for £15 and still haven't touched it.

Watched most of the Giant Bomb Endurance Run? Yup. What am I doing with my life?

terrier

alwaays read this game is fantastic but i watch videos and find boring as hell. Serious question: what should i look for to find this game interesting and buy it?

alwaays read this game is fantastic but i watch videos and find boring as hell. Serious question: what should i look for to find this game interesting and buy it?

Welllllll, what videos have you been watching? The story and mystery at the core is a big draw, as is getting to know the characters and seeing them interact. The dungeon crawling aspect isn't the best, but it's decent. Fusing new personas can be fun, too.

Just started my 3rd playthrough a few days ago. Absolutely love this game. Thinking of picking up a physical copy just because.

IvorB

Welllllll, what videos have you been watching? The story and mystery at the core is a big draw, as is getting to know the characters and seeing them interact. The dungeon crawling aspect isn't the best, but it's decent. Fusing new personas can be fun, too.

Wait... what do you mean the dungeons suck? Is this one of those Witcher 3 style gamplay-sucks-but-everything-else-is-great/

Wait... what do you mean the dungeons suck? Is this one of those Witcher 3 style gamplay-sucks-but-everything-else-is-great/

The dungeons don't suck, they're just not the best part of the game. I know there's a lot of people here who hate the dungeons but I personally don't really have a problem with them.

silva1991

They are randomly generated which makes them boring to explore

Is this one of those Witcher 3 style gamplay-sucks-but-everything-else-is-great

heh I would give Witcher's combat more credit than that :p

I don't know why but I got bored so quickly. Am I missing anything?

It's okay, the beginning is pretty boring. That said I found most of the game uninteresting except for some characters. While everyone says it's the best, it might not be for you.

Depends on what you are watching. Most of the 'fun' comes from the interaction with the characters. Battles can be fun but the dungeons themselves are tedious.

IvorB

The dungeons don't suck, they're just not the best part of the game. I know there's a lot of people here who hate the dungeons but I personally don't really have a problem with them.

They are randomly generated which makes them boring to explore

heh I would give Witcher's combat more credit than that :p

How's the combat in this? I don't mind randomly genrated dungeons if the core combat it fun and there is loot and stuff to be found.

How's the combat in this? I don't mind randomly genrated dungeons if the core combat it fun and there is loot and stuff to be found.

Not so much loot, but combat is fun. It just starts to drag a bit when the dungeon over stays it's welcome. Though to avoid that I tend to sprint to the end.

silva1991

Fun and very simple turn based combat. hitting enemies weaknesses and all out attack never gets old.

Dreamer RD

Wanted to buy, but fuckin psn can't process the payment. Tried both paypal and bank card.
And it's close to impossible to find cartridge in my country.

IvorB

Not so much loot, but combat is fun. It just starts to drag a bit when the dungeon over stays it's welcome. Though to avoid that I tend to sprint to the end.

Good to know. Fun combat is a must for me.

Fun and very simple turn based combat. hitting enemies weaknesses and all out attack never gets old.

When you say 'simple', I hope you don't mean too simple... you know I'm probably overthinking this for something that costs seven quid. I'm flying to the US next week for work and this could be just the thing since there is f**k all I want to play on my Vita right now.

Jintor

When you say 'simple', I hope you don't mean too simple... you know I'm probably overthinking this for something that costs seven quid. I'm flying to the US next week for work and this could be just the thing since there is f**k all I want to play on my Vita right now.

it's not that simple but it doesn't get super crazy complex either. the real complexity is in persona fusing and that got streamlined a looooot for golden.

Khoryos

Let's put it this way - how many JRPGs have you played where buffs and debuffs were actually a huge deal? Because if you don't learn and use them, you will get owned.

silva1991

Good to know. Fun combat is a must for me.

Not too simple, but it doesn't have as much depth as games like FF13 or Bravely default for example.

Khoryos

Because I'm incompetent! I had your post from a previous page added to pending quotes, then deleted the wrong header.

Top Bottom