• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IO Interactive Considering Hitman: Blood Money Remaster

BibiMaghoo

I believe it was a HD remaster of the PS2 version, as it was released under Sony's "Classics HD" label.

I don't think they used the PS2 version. I remember it looking considerably better than the other two games, easily a system apart. The 360 trilogy just had a separate disc with the original BM, I would imagine they used that. In the EU it was just the trilogy, the Classics thing is US branding.

izouvzghcnpgn4sswb.gif

you're not welcome in my community, you podunk piece of potato

Target: OCDChewie
Kill with: Accident
Use Disguise: Insane Killer Nun

Bonus conditions: Do Not Be Spotted, Hide All Bodies

Hahaha

I expected these types of replies, but they're funnier than I'd hoped for.

In all seriousness, though: What I posted is true. I tried the PS2 games but couldn't get into them. Then, when Blood Money came out I got excited. I pre-ordered it at Blockbuster, got a shirt and was angry when they were late getting it in. My friends played it a ton, but I couldn't get into that one either.

But I beat and liked Absolution a lot.

Nah, just make it backward compatible thanks.

I'm going to take this opportunity to mention to anyone who isn't aware yet that the new Hitman game is really good and if you like Blood Money at all you should absolutely check it out. Its a goddamn ambitious title

Been thinking of getting it, what's performance like on xbone? Would rather get the console version for game sharing but will grab it on pc if there's a large performance difference.

Moff

huh, no, clearly a big no from me
blood money is brilliant, but it looks decent enough today, why remake it? hitman is not a game that needs graet graphics, blood money would not be any better for it.

no no, IO, you better create new missions and seasons for the new hitman, they are spectacularly good so far, far better than blood money, don't waste any ressources on blood money

I mean if we had nothing else hitman going on at the moment I'd take a blood money remake, I'd love it. but IO are doing somethign BETTER hitman at the moment, it makes 0 sense to me why someone would want them to work on a blood money remake.

this is what I want tbh

I bought the full version of the game but wouldnt mind paying an extra $15 for a "Blood Money" expansion

making a remake after this doesnt really make much sense

It wouldn't be $15, but $50. Blood Money at this point doesn't reach the standards of graphics, animations, voiceovers, etc of 2016, even in gameplay is now behind Hitman 2016 (human shield action being the exception :p). So it would need to be rebuilt from near scratch, using the old levels as general templates only, and that's almost as expensive as making an new game.

Moff

re-reading that tweet they just answered a fan's question if they ever considered it, and they did in the past and they are focusing on the new game now. sounds to me there are no plans to remaster blood money, luckily.

Foffy

Banned
If you want to replay the older game, by all means, do that.

I'd like Hitman to focus on newness. Maybe remake famous levels over the series as bonus scenarios in the episodic HITMAN model, now that we know it's many seasons and very likely an annualized IP for the time being.

thenexus6

That would be awesome, but at the same time I'd like them to just recreate some of the missions for the new Hitman with all the challenges, discoveries etc.

Incoming cheap remaster cash in. Is it that hard to just make new games? You already have a model to where you can just create new levels.

Kalor

Before the new game came out I would have been up for a Blood Money remake but now I'd rather them focus on new levels.

jediyoshi

Incoming cheap remaster cash in. Is it that hard to just make new games? You already have a model to where you can just create new levels.

The irony of this discussion occurring while the current Hitman game is still being developed is not lost.

MMaRsu

Banned
Uhm.. nah I dont need it BM is perfect, without Jesper Kyd.. I dont feel like they can do this game justice.

Give me Marrakesh

Top Bottom