• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest Retail Edition comes out 6/14

jbug617

Banned
Microsoft will publish the Xbox One version. Nordic Games will publish the PC version. Xbox One version will be $19.99 (seems to be a US only release). PC version will have 2 skus. One for $19.99 and the LE for $29.99. Will be released in NA and Europe.

Standard PC
Ori-Blind-Forest-Retail-Ann-PC-Standard.jpg

Game DVD
Premium packaging
Quickstart guide
A3 poster
PC LE
CjJNUXbVAAE7fJW.jpg

Game DVD
Steelbox
Quickstart guide
Audio CD soundtrack
Two double-sided A3 posters
Two postcards
http://gematsu.com/2016/05/ori-blind-forest-definitive-edition-coming-retail-june-14

RoKKeR

Welp, time to triple dip.

Edit: No special edition of the XBO version? Damn, too bad. Would have sprung for that.

LewieP

Still unclear whether you get a Steam key, huh? I figure it is possible because MS is not publishing the PC physical release.

Still unclear whether you get a Steam key, huh? I figure it is possible because MS is not publishing the PC physical release.
It's a STEAM copy and looks to be a disc from the picture?

My PR email specifically calls it the STEAM version

"Nordic Games partners up with Microsoft Studios and Moon Studios to bring the Steam version of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition to retail. The publisher will offer two editions - Standard and Limited Edition - which will both release on June 14, 2016."

LewieP

"Nordic Games partners up with Microsoft Studios and Moon Studios to bring the Steam version of Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition to retail. The publisher will offer two editions - Standard and Limited Edition - which will both release on June 14, 2016."

Cool, cheers for the heads up.

Coxy100

Banned
2 questions....

"Microsoft will release the Xbox One version in partnership with stores across the U.S. for $19.99. Nordic Games will publish the PC version in North America and Europe in both standard and limited editions."
That reads to me like the Xbox One edition is US only? (whereas the PC version is mentioned for Europe)

And secondly....do we know if the limited edition is PC only or is that Xbox One too?

Finally. I held off on the definitive digital edition because I was hoping they were going to release a physical copy. I will pick this up and play through the game again. I actually never finished my first play through because my Xbox froze and deletee a significant portion of my save sokehow. It killed my motivation to do it over again but I think it's time now.

God damnit, the retail version is US only for xbox?
Yep

2 questions....

"Microsoft will release the Xbox One version in partnership with stores across the U.S. for $19.99. Nordic Games will publish the PC version in North America and Europe in both standard and limited editions."
That reads to me like the Xbox One edition is US only? (whereas the PC version is mentioned for Europe)

And secondly....do we know if the limited edition is PC only or is that Xbox One too?
Yes, XB1 version is US only.

LE is PC only.

Chris1

Gutted :( Seems bizarre not to release it worldwide

Anyways - I guess I'll be buying the PC limited edition just so I can see it on my shelf - but wish I could get the xbox edition
Seriously.. Nordic can publish it worldwide (for a PC version at that) but MS can't? what the fuck.

Really disappointing, I have a few friends who refuse to buy anything digitally and I really wanted them to play this.

blacksark

I already said this announcement long ago,I will have to import the one version and buy the le from here.Love this game

Chobel

Maybe MS didn't publish it WW because they don't expect to sell well outside US? I mean it's understandable, XB1 is not doing so hot outside US/UK.

No UK release is weird though.

Chris1

Maybe MS didn't publish it WW because they don't expect to sell well outside US? I mean it's understandable, XB1 is not doing so hot outside US/UK.

No UK release is weird though.
Well I mean, it's not like the PC version is going to do huge numbers either, yet Nordic can publish it WW.

I'd be happy if it was just UK, just don't get why they're being stingy and limiting it to US only.

Chobel

Well I mean, it's not like the PC version is going to do huge numbers either, yet Nordic can publish it WW.

I'd be happy if it was just UK, just don't get why they're being stingy and limiting it to US only.

There's difference between not huge numbers and shitty numbers, XBO version sales would be the later.

Coxy100

Banned
From Nordic Games...

CEO of the game’s developer, Moon Studios, Thomas Mahler said: “Since we released Ori and the Blind Forest, we’ve received many mails, tweets and requests from fans asking for a boxed retail release, so we’re extremely pleased to finally make everyone’s wish come true, We hope that all of you will be pleased with what we’ve put together for this retail release of Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition. We can’t wait to finally see Ori and the Blind Forest on shelves and we once again want to thank all of our fans and everyone who supported Moon and Ori over the last few years – we’re deeply humbled and appreciative, thank you so much!”

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Well that's disappointing. I'm out.

Coxy100

Banned
The xbox version doesnt even ship to the UK. :(

I know. Truly gutted I can't buy the Xbox One version - but I'm praying the limited edition steelbook comes out in the UK instead (it looks it should - it is on amazon.co.uk but of stock at the mo) because that looks gorgeous and will make up for it

Very jealous of you US people who can buy the X1 version :(

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is it only going to be available on Amazon.com?

Glad you guys like them :)

There actually won't be that many printed copies for starters - so I'm guessing these will be great collector items at some point!

blacksark

There actually won't be that many printed copies for starters - so I'm guessing these will be great collector items at some point!

Incredibly happy with this announcement, however can you tell is if the pc version is burned on a dvd or just a steam copy? Also amazon doesn't allow me to import the xbox one version :/

Coxy100

Banned

Thomas you're probably going to be bombarded with questions and I don't know if you can answer but...

I'm from the UK and so I can't get the XB1 version (sadly!) so I'd like to get the limited edition - will that definitely be available in the UK? It's listed on amazon.co.uk but you can't purchase it yet (whereas you CAN purchase the standard edition)

Thanks if you can answer :)

p.s. great to see a physical edition :)

Incredibly happy with this announcement, however can you tell is if the pc version is burned on a dvd or just a steam copy? Also amazon doesn't allow me to import the xbox one version :/

Don't quote me on this, cause I don't know exactly what the final word was, but I'm pretty sure it's an actual disc that contains both the Ori Definitive Edition AND the original game as well :)

Thomas you're probably going to be bombarded with questions and I don't know if you can answer but...

I'm from the UK and so I can't get the XB1 version (sadly!) so I'd like to get the limited edition - will that definitely be available in the UK? It's listed on amazon.co.uk but you can't purchase it yet (whereas you CAN purchase the standard edition)

Thanks if you can answer :)

Pretty sure it will be, but I'll have to wait to get a final answer from MS :)

p.s. great to see a physical edition :)

I know, right :) We got hundreds of mails about a physical release ever since Ori was announced, so I'm just glad the email spam will hopefully stop now :D

We're super happy that people can buy the physical verisons now and put them into their collections!

Top Bottom