• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Mega Man cartoon sounds dumb and bad

jadedm17

For what its worth I thought the Nick Ninja Turtles that came out a few years ago sounded and looked horrible too - I mocked Don's gap teeth in shots before the show released - but ended up being an absolutely excellent show. Stay positive my friends.

Ishida

Banned

0UZ9Z.png

Teknoman

"The best thing about Mega Man is his unflinching wide-eyed optimism and an over-the-top sense of humor," Duncan Rouleau of Man of Action said in a statement.

Since when?

Lijik

wow how did that design of Megaman get approved?? It's hideous. Are they trying to outdo Mighty No 9???

If its a 3d model, I bet you it looked good as concept art before the realities of CG on a television budget (and possibly modeling talent on the show) set in.

Trike

"The best thing about Mega Man is his unflinching wide-eyed optimism and an over-the-top sense of humor," Duncan Rouleau of Man of Action said in a statement.

Since when?

Well, they looked at 30 years of Mega Man history, are fans of the franchise, and decided they wanted to make it "cool". So I am guessing they took the joke from the beginning of Mega Man 7 and decided that he had an over-the-top sense of humor.

SkyOdin

What is wrong with introducing new characters and coming up with new ideas for a new version of Mega Man? The series is reinvented and expanded on a regular basis.

Since when?
He's probably a fan of Mega Man Legends or the Battle Network games. Those games had plenty of humor and optimism. It isn't like the Classic games were adverse to humor and light-hearted or outright silly designs either.

leroidys

I'm getting the sinking feeling that we're going to get some Sonic Boom level shit game to coincide with this and the 30th anniversary. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Trike

What is wrong with introducing new characters and coming up with new ideas for a new version of Mega Man? The series is reinvented and expanded on a regular basis.

Because everything with this version of Mega Man seems generic and boring. It looks like some knockoff Mega Man you would find on unlicensed products, like this:

Also this new iteration of Mega Man isn't based off a game, but is a completely new version made from the ground up made entirely by an animation studio and a company that doesn't care about Mega Man anymore (Capcom). That is different from the norm.

I'll still give an episode or two a watch to see if it is any good, I have faith in Joe Kelly, but what they have presented so far doesn't impress.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Well. It's Man of Action, so it should be good. Maybe it'll look better animated. I remember being horrified when the art for Ben 10 Omniverse was revealed, but it ended up looking fine animated.

SkyOdin

Because everything with this version of Mega Man seems generic and boring. It looks like some knockoff Mega Man you would find on unlicensed products, like this:
That is quite the reaction to a short description of the series that consists of only about three sentences and one image. We don't even know anything substantial about it yet. What will determine whether or not the series is good or not is the quality of the execution. To write it off so venomously this early is utterly ridiculous.

Also this new iteration of Mega Man isn't based off a game, but is a completely new version made from the ground up made entirely by an animation studio and a company that doesn't care about Mega Man anymore (Capcom). That is different from the norm.
You know what, I am pretty confident that this cartoon is related to a new Mega Man game. Compared to Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega, Capcom has kept a much tighter leash on the Mega Man property. Every Mega Man cartoon, anime, and comic book has related to a game so far. The only notable exception is that crazy Brazilian Mega Man comic, and I am pretty confident that we will never see a redux of that. So, my gut tells me that the cartoon is being produced alongside development of a new Mega Man game. I certainly could be wrong, but I think it is a bit too early to say that this cartoon is completely unrelated to any game.

Trike

That is quite the reaction to a short description of the series that consists of only about three sentences and one image. We don't even know anything substantial about it yet. What will determine whether or not the series is good or not is the quality of the execution. To write it off so venomously this early is utterly ridiculous.

You know what, I am pretty confident that this cartoon is related to a new Mega Man game. Compared to Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega, Capcom has kept a much tighter leash on the Mega Man property. Every Mega Man cartoon, anime, and comic book has related to a game so far. The only notable exception is that crazy Brazilian Mega Man comic, and I am pretty confident that we will never see a redux of that. So, my gut tells me that the cartoon is being produced alongside development of a new Mega Man game. I certainly could be wrong, but I think it is a bit too early to say that this cartoon is completely unrelated to any game.

Seriously? Where did you get that from? Was it the part where I said I'd give it a shot because I have faith in Joe Kelly, or did you cut that part out to try and make your ridiculous point? Also, they release these images and short descriptions and people react to it. There is nothing wrong with that, they show them knowing that people will react to it in different ways. I'm not going to suppress my opinion for no reason.

A new game based on the cartoon might happen, they did say they have a new cell phone game planned. But given Capcom's poor treatment of Mega Man outside of merchandising, I am expecting it to be Sonic Boom levels of quality. Either way, this cartoon is something that Man of Action came up with, so the game would be inspired by the cartoon, not the other way around. Which is a first.

Top Bottom